Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Replacement GSX voice pack for de-icers

4 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Yeah I don't understand why FSDT has such robotic voices.. does he really think they are realistic? The voices are really bad in my opinion , something FSDT should really improve on. 

Have you listened to a lot of pushbacks in the real world?

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

8 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Have you listened to a lot of pushbacks in the real world?

blaustern

Do you think that would be a requirement to decide if a voice sounds robotic?

Or maybe you have listened to lots of pushback communication IRL and know for a fact most guys sound like robots?

I haven't but I've heard lots of it in various cockpit movies etc and so far I've never heard a robotic sounding ground crew guy.

Richard Åsberg

I have installed it. Sounds much better. Thanks for the tip.:biggrin:

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

For those of you who already had a chance to try this package out, what is the main difference between the jetway vs ramp package? I read in this readme that it's mainly about the boarding sounds.

Looking at my flying it's quite mixed so I wonder if I maybe need to come up with a batch file where I can quickly copy the more appropriate sounds for each flight depending on what kind of airport I'm heading to/from.

Richard Åsberg

I noticed the PMDG Queen of the Skies has it's own push back voices in it's FMC push back routine. They include every other vehicle in the menu now, all except a push back tug! Surely it wouldn't take much to add a tug onto the front of the aircraft as it pushes back?

Perhaps they didn't want to step on Umberto's toes? 

MCE do several nationalities for their ground mechanics, a great Swedish guy who cusses in Swedish if you move without telling him!:biggrin: Then you could record your own voices as .wav files and place them in a push back flow. Just disable the GSX sounds and use your own?

Cheers.

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

For those of you who already had a chance to try this package out, what is the main difference between the jetway vs ramp package? I read in this readme that it's mainly about the boarding sounds.

Looking at my flying it's quite mixed so I wonder if I maybe need to come up with a batch file where I can quickly copy the more appropriate sounds for each flight depending on what kind of airport I'm heading to/from.

I chosen Jetway I don't think you will notice any big difference.

Simbol 

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

I chosen Jetway I don't think you will notice any big difference.

Simbol 

Ok, cool.

Looking forward to try the sound out later today ☺️

Richard Åsberg

8 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Or maybe you have listened to lots of pushback communication IRL and know for a fact most guys sound like robots?

I have and couldn't understand about half of them. I have to have an English proficiency indorsement on my license, tug drivers don't. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

39 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

I have and couldn't understand about half of them. I have to have an English proficiency indorsement on my license, tug drivers don't. :smile:

blaustern

Wow, that's interesting :smile:

Well, I guess like you say not all tug drivers are fluent speakers of English.

However with the voices in GSX, the problem is not bad english IMO but the way the voices sound. Like someone else commented already, I don't honestly understand how Umberto find them OK looking at the number of years GSX been out by now without any improvement despite lots of comments about it.

Another issue with the default boarding sounds in GSX is how the cabin crew greets the PAX by saying things like 'Good morning' which feels a bit odd when doing a night time flight. Have asked him to have a simple check that will match the phrases based on the current time in the simulator. He welcomed it as a good idea and said it would be easy to implement but so far nothing and I lost track by now how many times I've reminded him about this since I first came up with the suggestion.

Just trying out the alternate sound pack linked above which sounds both great and realistic!

So far I've only heard the pushback dialogue as well as a comment when the boarding was completed I think it was but I'm looking forward to also hear the improved AI dialogue. Took off from LGTS so wasn't offered any AI treatment over there :smile: but hopefully will be on next flight since I'm currently heading home to ESSA where the weather conditions this time of year often dictate AI treatment.

Richard Åsberg

Just remember gents, everytime you run the FSDT live updater it will overwrite these sound files. Only way around this is to put a donotupdate file in each of those modified sound folders. For instructions on how to do this, look up my forum posts in the gsx FSDT forum. Umberto and I discuss this there.

• Upvote 2

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Just remember gents, everytime you run the FSDT live updater it will overwrite these sound files. Only way around this is to put a donotupdate file in each of those modified sound folders. For instructions on how to do this, look up my forum posts in the gsx FSDT forum. Umberto and I discuss this there.

That's an excellent tip Eric, thanks for pointing it out to us!

Is it enough if you place a donotupdate file in the sound folder and that folder including the subfolders won't be updated or do you need to create a donotupdate file in each subfolder as well?

Richard Åsberg

Just completed the first flight using this new sound package and again, find it really good!

One question though. When I parked at my destination and asked GSX for deboarding I heard the ground crew saying somthing like "Baggage handling complete" at the same time I opened up the left hand doors to start the actual deboarding of the PAX.

Felt a bit weird having that kind of message during deboarding and while the baggage process unloading the aircraft was still underway?

If I'm not mistaken it was the same sound/phrase I heard during departure and then it matched what was actually happening much better because I think it played exactly when the baggage loading indeed was complete.

Richard Åsberg

15 hours ago, B777ER said:

I tried this yesterday placing a donotupdate file in both the main GSX sound folder but also just to make sure in the subfolders where some of the files are replaced by this sound pack. However after running FSDT Live Update both the modified sound files had been replaced by default ones and the donotupdate files I manually dropped in the sound folders were also gone.

So, can you confirm this still is working for you? And if 'yes', any idea what I might have missed?

Richard Åsberg

Like these sounds much better. Particularly the de-icers. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

For anyone else who like to use the method to have GSX not replacing your modified files when you update GSX posted by Eric.

Make sure the filename is dontupdate rather than donotupdate.

Richard Åsberg