Sign in to follow this  
nbl1936

FMC not showing then not showing Speed & Altitude in FMC

49 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Complaining about loss of time fiddling with a not perfectly working FMS but using GSX loading 550 pax sounds... ironic. 

25 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

So...does it need to be fixed? Absolutely.

Is getting upset that there is a bug unreasonable? No. It merits a bit of irritation, as I actually did state earlier.

Bugs are bugs, and they affect people. I get it. They need to be fixed. I'll be the first to admit that. A little perspective on the type of bug, though, is warranted.

Wasting 10 mins on PAX loading is nothing like wasting 3 hours on trying to work out what was wrong with the 777.

I only installed the 777 the night before and it was my first flight in her for a long time. BA (BAV) have a nice short flight from LEMD to EGLL. So I was really looking forward to it.

I did not waste a flight I should have been clearer, I never even did a push back. My time was wasted by reloading the flight and thinking I had a faulty install, after 3 reloads, I set the same flight up with the NG and -8 only to confirm it was only the 777. After again trying the 777 I was going to uninstall and reinstall. As a stab in the dark I thought about a quick google search. 

So no I did not waste a flight in itself but wasted 3 hours at LEMD gate 573. I should have been clear on that point.

But anyway, it’s a bug and once I know about it I did the flight with an OCK in the fix page with a heading and distance that worked just like it should.

It was a great flight and nice -80 FPM landing all good in the end.

I do hope you can find the time to fix the bug in the 777 FMC. As Heathrow is not an unusual airport for people to fly the 777 into.

Hopefully you can nudge the developer to have a look, to save anyone else thinking there is something up with the 777 when really it’s just an VIA.

I hope the update to the -8 is coming on well, looking forward to that when ever it’s ready for us all.

Its all in the past now. Have a good week.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Glance at a chart, kick the AP into FL CH or VS,

My hockey buddy that is a B777 Captain told me they always fly FLCH below 10,000.  He also told be they almost never use V/S.  Just some trivia. 🙂

Grace and Peace,

Edited by Bluestar
clarification

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

29 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

He also told be they almost never use V/S.  

Probably airline‘s stuff.. I‘ve seen several videos on YT where VS was used on approach to avoid the engines spool up too much when leveling out.

FLCH really makes sense with this airplane as I found out for myself in the PMDG version 😄 it‘s so heavy and sluggish in VNAV, that it almost always drops into VNAV SPD at lower altitudes.  FLCH and a decent hand on the throttles is all you need for a nice and smooth approach. And sometimes you can help out with VS.