Sign in to follow this  
Eagle99z

Flight planning

I want to create a flight around the world with legs of 2 hours.. are any programs able to help you plot routes by distance flight time ?

Yes, destination finder will give you a destination accounting for distance/time according to the planned speed. It also lets you choose options like gate/GA parking availability, runway length and surface (grass/dirt/asphalt), magnetic heading, controlled or uncontrolled, ILS availability. Freeware.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=60582970

All you have to do is plan the path to the airport or let the P3D default planner do the planning.

lilnavmap is great for this.  You can search an airport by distance form a 'home' airport for the distance search.  You can also filter the airports for your addons (Orbx global freeware pack for instance).

2 hours ago, Eagle99z said:

I want to create a flight around the world with legs of 2 hours.. are any programs able to help you plot routes by distance flight time ?

This is interesting, only 2 hour legs?  Unless you are flying something really fast I'm not sure this can be done so if you come up with one please share it.  I did a world tour in my PMDG B736 BBJ with no leg longer than 5 hours, it was a lot of fun.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 hours ago, gregda said:

lilnavmap is great for this.  You can search an airport by distance form a 'home' airport for the distance search.  You can also filter the airports for your addons (Orbx global freeware pack for instance).

and you can even specify the direction of search (East, West, Noth or South)... makes sense for a fly around the world !

5 hours ago, downscc said:

I did a world tour in my PMDG B736 BBJ

PMDG has  BBJ?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Anxu00 said:

PMDG has  BBJ?

No they don’t, but he flies it in BBJ colors with low payloads, getting close to BBJ performance.

7 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

No they don’t, but he flies it in BBJ colors with low payloads, getting close to BBJ performance.

Ah, so just the skins.  And by simulate fewer "business" flyers and less baggage, lower useful weight, longer range?:ha:

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Just now, Anxu00 said:

Ah, so just the skins.  And by simulate fewer "business" flyers and less baggage, lower useful weight, longer range?:ha:

I took a 737-700 BBJ from SFO to Heathrow, albeit with extraordinary strong tailwinds, heavily optimized altitudes, 5 passengers, and 100 pounds of baggage with max fuel! It works flawlessly if one is willing to sacrifice a tiny bit of realism in it not being a true BBJ.

If you’re looking for a good repaint of a 737 BBJ, N737GG is a great one, along with VP-CAL for a 777-200LR BBJ!

You could do 2 hours using blue spruce over the Atlantic, but across the Pacific is going to be harder to plan.  Pm me if you want me to run you any flightplans I've access to Lido and jetplanner and can run you off some adhoc plans etc. 

14ppkc-6.png

Can someone check this if possible

EGGP
EGGP EGMC
EGMC EBDT
EBDT EDDF
EDDF LKLN
LKLN EPWR
EPWR UMKK
UMKK ULLI
ULLI ULWC
ULWC UWKS
UWKS USSS
USSS UASP
UASP UNKL
UNKL UIII
UIII UIAA
UIAA UHBB
UHBB UHSS
UHSS UHPP
UHPP PASY
PASY PAAK
PAAK PASD
PASD PAKH
PAKH PAMD
PAMD CYZY
CYZY CYVT
CYVT CYTH
CYTH CYER
CYER CYSK
CYSK CYVP
CYVP CYFB
CYFB BGGH
BGGH BGKK
BGKK BIKF
BIKF EGPO
EGPO EIDW
EIDW EGGP
EGGP

PASY sticks out because it is a military base, PPR (prior permission required) and no customs.  Pretty impressive number of segments, did I miss the reason you are limited to 2 hr stage lengths?

Dan Downs KCRP