Sign in to follow this  
torontorob

Vertical speed on MCP for PMDG 737

Hi,

Could someone tell me how to get the vertical speed numbers on the MCP to work. I am using P3DV4, with PMDG, and Goflight MCP Pro. All the dials and displays work, as they are designed to, except the vertical speed. When I am loading P3DV4, the vertical speed display lights up (all zeros), but as soon as PMDG 737 loads up, the display goes dark. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

1 hour ago, torontorob said:

as soon as PMDG 737 loads up, the display goes dark

Welcome to the PMDG forums Rob, please note their rules ask for our full names on all posts here.

The VS readout on the MCP is normally dark unless in a VS pitch mode.  Take it out for a flight and see if things work as expected.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, that worked. Is there a procedure for putting on the autopilot in PMDG 737 NGX? I am coming from FSX Default 737, where you clicked on the CMD A button and all was activated. With PMDG, do you have to be at a certain speed or altitude for it to come on? The CMD button does not respond for about 2 minutes after takeoff, whether I press on the Goflight MCP, or mouse click on the screen. Your advise will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks    Rob Singer    P3DV4, PMDG, Goflight.

The autopilot is engaged in the same way, i.e., by selecting CMD, above 400 feet. If you have "realistic" operation of the autopilot selected on the CDU PMDG options, then you may run into the problem described below. I haven't been able to master the "realistic" mode, and so have this option turned off all the time. 

"If you set the autopilot engagement limitations to REALISTIC, then you must be within a small margin of “in trim” (no control forces required to keep airplane on desired path) and the flight director should be nearly centered and you cannot be actively trimming."

Jim Erwin

4 hours ago, torontorob said:

Yes, that worked. Is there a procedure for putting on the autopilot in PMDG 737 NGX? I am coming from FSX Default 737, where you clicked on the CMD A button and all was activated. With PMDG, do you have to be at a certain speed or altitude for it to come on? The CMD button does not respond for about 2 minutes after takeoff, whether I press on the Goflight MCP, or mouse click on the screen. Your advise will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks    Rob Singer    P3DV4, PMDG, Goflight.

Seriously Rob, the default 737 is nothing like the PMDG product, which is a very realistic simulation of the NGs in service up to just a few years ago.  I urge you fly both Tutorials..., very important.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Jim and Dan, I turned off "realistic", and it is working great now. I will fly both tutorials as well, to get a better feel for things.

Thanks again.  Rob Singer.