Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

REX Wx Radar into Bert's Panel v57

Hi...

Happy to help - if you want the pop up to work as well - PM “Whamil77” your email address and ask him for his weather radar toggle... Then you click on the screen and you get the full pop up screen...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks Scott, happy for now. Well, maybe just the G600-panel for the PC12 and all will be well :-)

Thank you though for your time

Regards

Scott, are you using the default St. Bart's scenery, your above shot looks nicer then what I see with the default P3D scenery?

Thanks - Martin

Hi Martin,

I just moved the pix to its own thread to insure Bert sees the comment on v57...

Nope - it’s Fly Tampa’s Princess Julianna package - they include three airports in it - I wish they would delete that cheesy green car - kind of detracts from the scenery -  but overall a very worthy addition...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/530208-bert-pc12-feedback-on-v57-and-st-barts/

Regards,

Scott

27 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Scott, are you using the default St. Bart's scenery, your above shot looks nicer then what I see with the default P3D scenery?

Thanks - Martin

I think the REX Wx Radar must be heavy and dragging a huge satellite dish behind my Milviz 310 [ grins ].  Left kabq for kpwg this AM FL105 with 3knot tailwind can’t get more than 160 kias / 

yes gear is up, yes flaps up, yes properly leaned. Is it me or is the alabeo 310 faster?  And why?

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

35 minutes ago, mikebxb said:

I think the REX Wx Radar must be heavy and dragging a huge satellite dish behind my Milviz 310 [ grins ].  Left kabq for kpwg this AM FL105 with 3knot tailwind can’t get more than 160 kias / 

yes gear is up, yes flaps up, yes properly leaned. Is it me or is the alabeo 310 faster?  And why?

Hi Mike,

I’m a huge fan of the C310 and I believe the MilViz C310 is a bit slow - the Alabeo is closer to book... I have both - honestly - stopped using the MilViz model and transitioned to the Alabeo myself - snagging the MilViz sounds to replace Alebeo’s awful sound set... It flies quite well - if you have the Alabeo make sure you grab a new copy if you haven’t downloaded it in a while as I think they updated the FDE fairly recently...

Regards,

Scott

2 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Mike,

I’m a huge fan of the C310 and I believe the MilViz C310 is a bit slow - the Alabeo is closer to book... I have both - honestly - stopped using the MilViz model and transitioned to the Alabeo myself - snagging the MilViz sounds to replace Alebeo’s awful sound set... It flies quite well - if you have the Alabeo make sure you grab a new copy if you haven’t downloaded it in a while as I think they updated the FDE fairly recently...

Regards,

Scott

Yes. I follow the 310 threads and have seen many of your posts. Honestly dragged out the Milviz today after reading some of your earlier posts praising it. (I flew this one til the ABEO came out) I love the radio arrangement in C-OLIN you can easily scan whats needed with the hat switch and zoom. But, I've got my Alabeo 310 modded with Bert, Bernt, and my own trial & error mods to my liking. There's also that irritating clunking noise every minute or so with the MVZ. I'll check and see if I have the latest FDE. Thanks for the heads up.

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

Hi Guys.  Need some help please.

Can someone please email "Whamil77” weather radar toggle as I'm unable to contact him.

Secondly, to install the WX Radar, how/what do I need to first do in the Gauge Installer?

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

11 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi Guys.  Need some help please.

Can someone please email "Whamil77” weather radar toggle as I'm unable to contact him.

Secondly, to install the WX Radar, how/what do I need to first do in the Gauge Installer?

Thanks.

Hi...

if you’ve already purchased and installed the REX/MilVuz Wx radar - no further action required on the gauge level - the panel.cfg merely calls it... I’ll look for Bill’s gauge when I get in but I’m not home until the weekend...

Regards,

Scott

10 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

if you’ve already purchased and installed the REX/MilVuz Wx radar - no further action required on the gauge level - the panel.cfg merely calls it... I’ll look for Bill’s gauge when I get in but I’m not home until the weekend...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Hi:

I'm getting an error message when I try to save the changes.  Something about ASNI vs. Unicode.

Aaron Ortega

5 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi:

I'm getting an error message when I try to save the changes.  Something about ASNI vs. Unicode.

Hi Aaron,

All FS config files need to be saved as Unicode...

The best way to edit FS files - in my opinion - is Notepad ++ - I've used it for years on basic text files to actually writing programs... It's open source and free... It will keep the proper formatting of your files - and you won't need to worry about it...

Available here: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Also - before you start editing these files and to fix the one you may have messed up - there is a NEW optional FDE available on the Carenado site - it's the one you want to use at it improves several aspects of the flight model... It will have a new "aircraft.cfg" and a new "xxx.air" file... I'd install these - then worry about making the edits with Notepad++... If you use Bert's mod you'll need to add that as well again...

Regards,
Scott

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Aaron,

All FS config files need to be saved as Unicode...

The best way to edit FS files - in my opinion - is Notepad ++ - I've used it for years on basic text files to actually writing programs... It's open source and free... It will keep the proper formatting of your files - and you won't need to worry about it...

Available here: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Also - before you start editing these files and to fix the one you may have messed up - there is a NEW optional FDE available on the Carenado site - it's the one you want to use at it improves several aspects of the flight model... It will have a new "aircraft.cfg" and a new "xxx.air" file... I'd install these - then worry about making the edits with Notepad++... If you use Bert's mod you'll need to add that as well again...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks for your help Scott.  I do have the new FDE installed but can clarify when you say "If you use Bert's mod you'll need to add that as well again?"

I will try to edit notepad.  Take it easy.

Aaron Ortega