Sign in to follow this  
Guest georg

check out this pic!! Airbus A340 reconsideration FS200...

I have always been facinated with the A340 because of its resemblance to the 707 & DC-8, especially the 200 and 300 versions of the A340. However, I have never really been impressed with the look Airbus cockpit because of its lack of dials and switches - especially being that I am a big fan of the RFP 747-200But, I have to admit that the following picture brings out the best in what Airbus has to offer -- Awesome! -- and has motivated me to reconsider the A340 to my list of potential FS2004 long haulers. However, such a program for FS2004 would have to closely render the posted pic in detail (lots of apparent switches, lights, and that sort of thing). http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=8187...&sok=&photo_nr=I'd like to hear some comments on what you guys think of the pic, the potential of the A340 for FS2004, and what you guys think of the A340 operational procedures when compared to the Boeing (most everyone's favorite). The idea of pushing a button for auto takeoff and another for landing does not appeal to me and that might be a deterrent if that is how (or close to it) the typical Airbus is flown.Thanks in advance.RH

Airbus urban legends die hard I see - obviously you've been somewhat 'tainted' :)have a look around here http://a340.netTrue, new gen Airbusses, or any modern airliner are designed to reduce pilot workload, but I think you'll be most pleasantly surprised how much knowledge it takes, and switches to push/pull/turn to haul this bird competently.regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

I may be wrong here but I thought there is a complete A340 payware available for FS9?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Armstrang

If there is any doubt in your mind, go to the PSS site:http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/ and get the A340 for half-price.I did, and I am very pleased with the package. It is my only Airbus, and I will put it to good use.

Guest georg

I would really wish there was an A340 for FS2004 available as advanced as the Level-D 767. But unfortunately there's not and who knows if there will ever be one at all :(