Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Aerosoft Hamburg Pro - any good?

Anyone tried out the newly released Aerosoft Hamburg Professional yet?

I bought it in the past meaning I can pick the new version up quite cheap but at the same time I don't want to spend money on scenery that isn't great.

Looking at the screenshots on the product page I'm not that impressed to be honest but if you already tried it out and the screenshots don't do it justice, please share your view on this new scenery.

Forgot to add a link for anyone interested. Here it is.

Richard Åsberg

I saw the screenshots as well, and I'm not overly enthusiastic as well,even for the heavily reduced price.
A while ago I bought the one from Justsim and I will keep using that version until there has been a proper review of the AS version.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Looking at the screenshots, that Airport layout is way out of date (several years), it has changed a lot since then.

Looks like a a quick P3Dv4 version of their old German Airports EDDH. 

Bit embarrassing to sell this as "professional" version. 

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Yep, I guess I won't spend any money on this one even with the update offer.

Richard Åsberg

I have EDDH for XP from Justsim and EDDH for P3D when I bought German Airports 3 2012. What I'm seeing I'm not impressed with. Expected more plus my serial number is not working for the voucher. 

By the way JustSim just came out with Dresden EDDC. Bought it and it looks good. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

JustSim also has an EDDH.  I have the older Aerosoft one and i, pretty much, wish I didn't.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I think Aerosoft needs to find more developers like Jo. Or maybe they can clone him :laugh:

Richard Åsberg

Richard,

I have both: Justsim and Aerosoft EDDH. Unfortunately neither is fully convincing. Justsim delivers up-to-date optics, but the "feel" isn't right (e.g. the new cargo center sits way too high in the approach as irl it is built in a basin; several embankments are not modeled, the geometry of the tower is slightly off). But the absolute showstopper for me is the night lighting: runway lights can be seen from 50 miles out as a bright lightstrip, and the ground flickers like a tv screen without signal ("snow") when illuminated by dynamic lighting from the PMDG 737 taxi- or landing lights. Aerosoft EDDH looks pretty oldfashioned and is definitely not state-of-the art. But the above mentioned "feel" for me as a local is slightly better, the night lighting is superior in look and performance and as I got it for the upgrade fee I won't complain. It's an old product converted to a new sim and therefore the label "Professional" is misleading imho. Unfortunately I doubt Jo Erlend will go for EDDH as there are already two competitors.

Rgds

Tom

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

I bought the upgrade for EDDS Stuttgart and still mourning after those 5 Euros. It seriously is a shame, what they are selling in the year 2017. So if EDDH is not your Hub or your favourite place... save your money

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Truth be told, I'm usually pleased with most of my AeroSoft purchases. In terms of their "Professional" product line, I have both Heathrow and Frankfurt; I was thinking about purchasing Hamburg but went for their Frankfurt for XP11 (Yes, I know it's not P3D). And let me tell you, its a masterpiece, I hope Prepar3d can one day match the lighting effect of XP. Anyways, I'm not exactly sure who the developers are for Hamburg, but I don't think you'll be disappointed, considering that Aerosoft publishes good quality products (mostly). 

Kind regards, 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Thanks for the input guys.

As for Jo I didn't mean he should do another EDDH but rather more in general he IMO seems to be one of few developers over at Aerosoft that keeps releasing truly amazing products that makes you go "Wow..." which certainly isn't the case with some other Aerosoft titles. When Jo releases a new product I never hesitate to get it as long as it's a destination I have any interest in.

As for the Pro line I thought it was said the Pro line meant these were products that were not just migrated old products to work with P3Dv4 but rather brand new products using P3Dv4 exclusive features etc. That doesn't seem to be the case here though after reading some of your comments so maybe I don't remember it correctly.

Richard Åsberg