Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Any news on 4.2 update?

Do we know what is expected to come in 4.2?

• Upvote 1

From what I can tell, LM does release new updates every like 6 to 7 months (and with Pete Dowson vacation schedule).

I hope 4.2 makes new changes to scenery installation for Orbx products.  I want all of it to be installed outside the sim directory once and for all.

Only the beta testers will know and they are all under NDA.  So we just have to wait patiently.

• Upvote 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Well, even when they informed me via their forums that a bug I reported with SimConnet  has been be fixed and will be available on the next release, I have no idea when it will be released as they keep this information to themselves.

Now I don't wish any stress of PD3 updates during the holidays, so leave the sleeping dog alone lol.

Simbol 

• Upvote 3

I only hope they will not release another couple of more Simdirector features plus a modification of raindrop color in Early Spring but address the acknowledged issues reported on their forum (like autogen loading in patches and late under several situations, blurry photoscenery) for months now.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 5

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I'm curious how they will address the various SimConnect issues that were reported in 4.1. I agree that the black texture issue is also an important one.

Well, in the unlikely chance they are reading this, I would like to see them completely update the airport database.

• Upvote 2

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I hope they include a config file option to fix the over scaled auto-gen houses and trees.

The exaggerated scaling creates a false impression of altitude, especially noticeable on approach.

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

The Turbulent Design TERRAFLORA trees add-on fixes the tree issue quite nicely.

10 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The Turbulent Design TERRAFLORA trees add-on fixes the tree issue quite nicely.

I'm hoping that the Orbx buildings will do the same.

Hope they also fix the in-sim windows, those sutters when opening any window is annoying.

• Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Photo real scenery fix !!!!!

• Upvote 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Still hoping any future updates can resole the FPS hit cause by dynamic lights

• Upvote 6

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Looks like there are lot of things to be fixed, hence the need for all addons to be installed outside the sim directory should be priority number 1.  I am exhausted of reinstalling everything as it wastes my d### time (yes, I know you can do client update, but it is never the same - as they fixes on other things you sometimes need).  LM needs to force for the next update.  I can only hope...

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Dynamic lighting & AA optimization....maybe adjustments to the autogen and photoreal scenery....and I’m a happy camper.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM