Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Any news on 4.2 update?

What I would LOVE....but probably won't get is this:

In the event of a poor landing or even a CRASH, I would love to go back in time and have another shot at that.  Being able to go back perhaps only 30 to 60 seconds, and have another chance at making it right would be very welcome to me.  A "back in time" option would be a real plus for many of us, I'm sure.

I remember a sim...I believe it was Pro Pilot (in the good old days) that gave you this wonderful opportunity.  In Prepar3d, the crash takes you back to your default flight, instead of the plane and the airport from which you began.  At least in FSX, you were transported back to your current plane and situation.  Prepar3d takes you TOO far back to your default.  That I do not like.

Stan

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, spilok said:

What I would LOVE....but probably won't get is this:

In the event of a poor landing or even a CRASH, I would love to go back in time and have another shot at that.  Being able to go back perhaps only 30 to 60 seconds, and have another chance at making it right would be very welcome to me.  A "back in time" option would be a real plus for many of us, I'm sure.

I remember a sim...I believe it was Pro Pilot (in the good old days) that gave you this wonderful opportunity.  In Prepar3d, the crash takes you back to your default flight, instead of the plane and the airport from which you began.  At least in FSX, you were transported back to your current plane and situation.  Prepar3d takes you TOO far back to your default.  That I do not like.

Stan

Nothing more frustrating than flying a 12 hour flight and butchering the landing 

• Upvote 2

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

15 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

Nothing more frustrating than flying a 12 hour flight and butchering the landing 

That is when FSUIPC really earns its keep:biggrin:

How so?  How do I use FSUIPC to accomplish that?  I have FSUIPC but I'm not aware of what you mean.

Stan

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, spilok said:

How so?  How do I use FSUIPC to accomplish that?  I have FSUIPC but I'm not aware of what you mean.

Stan

I think he is referring  to  the FSUIPC autosave feature.

Bruceb

• Upvote 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Just now, brucewtb said:

I think he is referring  to  the FSUIPC autosave feature.

Bruceb

Indeed I am.

Hate to be word not allowed here...how do you exactly use the Autosave feature.  Sorry.

Stan

20 minutes ago, spilok said:

Hate to be word not allowed here...how do you exactly use the Autosave feature.  Sorry.

Stan

Hi Stan

In short "AutoSave options—to save a Flight regularly, as a background task so you can resume from a few minutes before in the
event of a crash or a need to reproduce some problem."

Details are in your FSUIPC5 User Guide, located in " <SimDrive>:\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC Documents"

Hope this helps and kind regards

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2017 at 10:37 PM, Dreamflight767 said:

Well, in the unlikely chance they are reading this, I would like to see them completely update the airport database.

Yep, a whole bunch have towers now.

NDBs are disappearing fast. . .

The sim never streamed the AM radio stations

that broadcasted over them.

Also,  areas like Wilkes-Barre send their AWOS/ATIS

out over VOR. and the sim doesn't handle that.

It just doesn't offer ATIS/AWOS freqs to tune into.

N99WB

9 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

There totally is.  Flying 12 hours with a CTD on approach - not even having the option to butcher the landing.  I feel totally violated

• Upvote 2

Actually,

Not a bad suggestion here so far.  I hope they eventually get around to implementing all of these suggestions / fixes.

Mark

Apparently Aerosoft ran into a limitation that some other devs have ran into, no idea what that may be however, so we might be seein that be on the changelog for 4.2 as well.

I hope they implement better stability, improve autogen loading, and reduce studdering!  

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

15 minutes ago, ssair1 said:

I hope they implement better stability, improve autogen loading, and reduce studdering!  

I’ve found v4 to be extremely stable, at least in my experience. 

• Upvote 4

Thank you for alerting me to FSUIPC's "autosave" function.  It works great, and better than anything I could have hoped for.  What a great investment FSUIPC is.  Really helps when you mess up a landing.  A great teaching tool in that respect.

Stan

• Upvote 1