Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Any news on 4.2 update?

6 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Aha! So you're actually the same situation as me. In Defender settings, I would try excluding the P3d files folder (if I recall correctly, that's where the autosaves go) as well as the folder where any panel save would go (e.g. if you're using PMDG aircraft, in the panelstate folder for that aircraft) from scanning. That completely eliminated the autosave pauses for me.

James

I will try that and report back later, thanks!

46 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I’d expect ATC won’t be touched for a while, 

Forget silly ATC anyway.  More people should fly on VATSIM.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

Forget silly ATC anyway.  More people should fly on VATSIM.

Especially with their new voice codec update around the corner!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

Especially with their new voice codec update around the corner!

How far out is it?

Just now, ErichB said:

How far out is it?

No idea, it was announced towards the end of the summer and no word about it since except that it's coming.

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

No idea, it was announced towards the end of the summer and no word about it since except that it's coming.

that's last i heard.

But back on topic, I was also expecting 4.2 before xmas.  Guess that's not going to happen.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ErichB said:

that's last i heard.

But back on topic, I was also expecting 4.2 before xmas.  Guess that's not going to happen.

Maybe that'll be their happy New Year gift to us.

Geee, update again....? I finally got something stable switching from FSX month ago....LOL.

Alex 

46 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Geee, update again....? I finally got something stable switching from FSX month ago....LOL.

“When our sims start to settle, Lockheed throws a stone at them. And believe me, they’re winding up”:laugh:

Its funny how people always promote VATSIM like its gods gift to humanity. I have enjoyed this hobby now for more than 25 years and tried every possible ATC solution, and sure VATSIM is a solution but far from optimal for everyone. Coverage is one major issue and time zones makes flying with good coverage in some areas impossible. Any by the way. default ATC is not silly at all especially if like me you fly mostly VFR. Each ATC solution has its strengths and weaknesses.

Mike

• Upvote 4

It's Christmas and we hope that Santa...LM will bring us the gifts requested for P3D!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

2 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Its funny how people always promote VATSIM like its gods gift to humanity. 

No. That's how you're reading it.

2 hours ago, mikced76 said:

by the way. default ATC is not silly at all especially if like me you fly mostly VFR. 

Take anyone who knows something about flying but nothing about flightsim and try and convince them that the tinny, robotic voice, giving you completely stupid vectors is not silly.  They are likely to raise an eyebrow and look at their watch to make sure they don't miss the start of the next part of their day.

• Upvote 2

Sure, Vatsim isn’t perfect, but it’s a lot better than computer generated ATC. It works well when you have a competent controller.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Sure, Vatsim isn’t perfect, but it’s a lot better than computer generated ATC. It works well when you have a competent controller.

VATSIM needs active scale.  But it is exactly what flightsim should be all about for tube drivers.  I've also been at the flightsim game for 20 years, but gave up on the ATC in year 1.  Completely underwhelming.

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

VATSIM needs active scale.  But it is exactly what flightsim should be all about for tube drivers.  I've also been at the flightsim game for 20 years, but gave up on the ATC in year 1.  Completely underwhelming.

Agreed.