Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Any news on 4.2 update?

Always fly on Vatsim. Just something about knowing that any other planes you see it's another real person sitting somewhere in the world doing what you are doing. What Vatsim needs is to merge up with IVAO. Too small a community to have two different originizations. I feel it's ridiculous that this is fragmented.

• Upvote 3

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

What Vatsim needs is to merge up with IVAO.

I've always been of the same mind. If they don't want to merge the organizations, maybe they could collaborate in a way that merges the two networks.

Walter Meier

flying vatsim on a non controlled network is worse than default atc...i might think of it as the loneliest flight ever...I prefer my AI 40x than lonely vatsim...

As a former real world pilot for many years, I do not use ATC. Like emergencies and practicing EPs, I had enough of real ATC and emergencies to last the rest of my life. Now, I just fly and look at the scenery.

:)

As for what I want in V4.2. I hope that LM doesn't break all of my add-ons again.

• Upvote 7

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

On 12/21/2017 at 10:20 AM, honanhal said:

Aha! So you're actually the same situation as me. In Defender settings, I would try excluding the P3d files folder (if I recall correctly, that's where the autosaves go) as well as the folder where any panel save would go (e.g. if you're using PMDG aircraft, in the panelstate folder for that aircraft) from scanning. That completely eliminated the autosave pauses for me.

James

That seems to have solved my issue! I remember on my old install I had the entire P3D folder excluded and did not have this issue. I changed the file directory of P3D when I reinstalled and it wasn’t excluded. Now that it’s excluded, those long pauses are gone! Thanks for the help!

10 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

That seems to have solved my issue! I remember on my old install I had the entire P3D folder excluded and did not have this issue. I changed the file directory of P3D when I reinstalled and it wasn’t excluded. Now that it’s excluded, those long pauses are gone! Thanks for the help!

Great to hear it worked!

3 hours ago, jmig said:

As a former real world pilot for many years, I do not use ATC. Like emergencies and practicing EPs, I had enough of real ATC and emergencies to last the rest of my life. Now, I just fly and look at the scenery.

As for what I want in V4.2. I hope that LM doesn't break all of my add-ons again.

:laugh:   That's funny.  (ok, not funny at you, bu the way you said it.) 

On 21/12/2017 at 10:43 AM, ErichB said:

The frames are very long and actually quite annoying.  Unless you have actual issues with CTD's I'd take the risk and leave it off.

Yes, I noticed that when I tried lots of time ago, I just asked should this behaviour have evolved somehow, but from what you said it's just the same thing as always.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

On 21/12/2017 at 10:55 AM, honanhal said:

Check your antivirus. I was having long frames until I excluded the folder where the auto saves were going. Now I don’t even know when the saves happen.

James

I don't either, nothing, not even the one that comes with Windows.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I would also like to see an improvement to ATC and for my Saitek panels and switches to WORK other than using Spad next..... GRRRR. I use 2 monitors and Monitor 2 (Wingview) randomly is dark and all i can see are taxiway and runway lights and no buildings (too dark), grass (too Dark) or in some cases AI aircraft (too Dark) etc.... 

7 minutes ago, asustech said:

I would also like to see an improvement to ATC and for my Saitek panels and switches to WORK other than using Spad next..... GRRRR. I use 2 monitors and Monitor 2 (Wingview) randomly is dark and all i can see are taxiway and runway lights and no buildings (too dark), grass (too Dark) or in some cases AI aircraft (too Dark) etc.... 

when you say "too Dark" do you mean missing textures so AI, building and Airfields are blacked out until the textures load?

On 22/12/2017 at 6:57 PM, jmig said:

Good man, I hope your enjoying retirement.  Do you not miss it?? 

14ppkc-6.png

I wonder if there is already any insight into what the next P3D v4 update will bring ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Already discussed here: 

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

So just what will 4.2 bring us?

From what I can read and read between the lines.

More click spots for VC (from Aerosoft asking LM to help them)

The Release of FSL update

FlyTampa Boston looks far more likely with new screenshots, have they bean waiting for LM to implement something?

MadDog MD80, been "ready" since Dec, but there delivery guy was ill, so we wait but now it will have to work with 4.2. Who knows what that will bring? more testing? They also said on Facebook there building a website for it? wait....I thought it was ready baring delivers in Dec and now they have started building a website for it? Confusing!

All the updates to software we need. Will it screw up the install? since addons still use old ways to install. 

Personally I have 4.1 running so well and the thought of screwing up and facing a full install is not a good one to put it mildly.

Am looking forward to FSL release but am not looking forward to 4.2 at all. Unless it's a simple client update and all is well.?

What else is coming that you know of that need 4.2?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip