Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Any news on 4.2 update?

34 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Personally I have 4.1 running so well and the thought of screwing up and facing a full install is not a good one to put it mildly.

I get what you're saying, but even a full install of P3Dv4 doesn't even remotely resemble the ball ache it used to be with v3 and earlier.  All my scenery is already unpacked and installed in external folders - I just have to add them back with a previously saved .xml file or add them via the scenery library.  No unpacking and installing of the scenery and serial numbers required.  Since ORBX brought about their new scenery distribution, that also is a doddle.

The only aircraft I fly these days are PMDG's digital masterpieces, so that doesn't take too long.  The whole process is ALOT easier than it used to be - a couple of hours as opposed to an entire day.

24 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I get what you're saying, but even a full install of P3Dv4 doesn't even remotely resemble the ball ache it used to be with v3 and earlier.  All my scenery is already unpacked and installed in external folders - I just have to add them back with a previously saved .xml file or add them via the scenery library.  No unpacking and installing of the scenery and serial numbers required.  Since ORBX brought about their new scenery distribution, that also is a doddle.

The only aircraft I fly these days are PMDG's digital masterpieces, so that doesn't take too long.  The whole process is ALOT easier than it used to be - a couple of hours as opposed to an entire day.

Well Erich, i wish I had your skills because I know nothing about making .xml files and the only ones I have installed that way are the developers that do that for me. So pop round to my house and help me out Enrich please:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well Erich, i wish I had your skills because I know nothing about making .xml files and the only ones I have installed that way are the developers that do that for me. So pop round to my house and help me out Enrich please:biggrin:

David - look here.  Matt explains it.

https://fselite.net/news/matt-davies-releases-update-tutorial-p3dv4/

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Use Lorby add-on's organisers and you don't need to worry about anything.

Simbol 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Simbol 

Have you got a link to a Lorby for dummies Simbol. Yes I just called myself a dummy :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

25 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Have you got a link to a Lorby for dummies Simbol. Yes I just called myself a dummy :biggrin:

https://lorby-si.weebly.com/uploads/6/0/8/2/60827113/addonorganizer_1_27_b02.zip

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Even I feel like a dummy with P3D,  David.  There is so much to get your head around - just in relation to maintaining an efficient installation - never mind the flying bit.  Some of the manual installation routines we go through are very daunting.  It's little wonder why flightsim doesn't have a much bigger following

I was manually adding some AI for VATSIM the other night.  Between the downloading, finding the correct aircraft variation folder, updating the .cfg, testing to see that the texture works. ....bloody hell.  A real labour of love.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I was manually adding some AI for VATSIM the other night.  Between the downloading, finding the correct aircraft variation folder, updating the .cfg, testing to see that the texture works. ....bloody hell.  A real labour of love.

Why waste time doing that when there is a whole new AI program for Vatsim coming out soon for free? http://forums.bvartcc.com/index.php?topic=14258.0 

Eric 

37 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Why waste time doing that when there is a whole new AI program for Vatsim coming out soon for free? http://forums.bvartcc.com/index.php?topic=14258.0 

That's great news.  

Would you need to be a Boston Virtual Member to get access to the program?

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

That's great news.  

Would you need to be a Boston Virtual Member to get access to the program?

Nope, free for Vatsim pilots. Works with vPilot. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

All I hope for is two things, 1) Autogen loading fix 2) improved performance with dynamic lighting, so I can run SGSS. 

• Upvote 2

Evan Hardin 

4 minutes ago, Evan said:

All I hope for is two things, 1) Autogen loading fix 2) improved performance with dynamic lighting, so I can run SGSS. 

This.

8 hours ago, simbol said:

Simbol 

+1 on Lorby's.  I forget how I stumbled across this piece of software, but honestly it's a must have for P3D.

• Upvote 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."