Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Any news on 4.2 update?

6 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

Been waiting for what, helicopter AI? Helicopter AI has been available for FS9, FSX, and P3D for a while now.

It's a joke.  They are trying to shill you. 

14ppkc-6.png

Having a new FDM in Prepar3d would really be a nice feature.

They answered at that interview on an helicopter simulation site that new heli models are being added to 4.2, including autopilot capabilities.

There were FSX models with functional A/P but they were all bound to the rather limited rotary wing flight dynamics offered by MSFS flightsim. Maybe LM can come up with something new, if not in v4, who know for v5 ( ? )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

All in all, there are so many issues with v4.1 it's amazing that it was actually released at all!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

33 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

All in all, there are so many issues with v4.1 it's amazing that it was actually released at all!

But less issues than any previous version... I haven't had this good a time in a flight sim since FS9. No OOM and better performance with higer graphics settings. I'm flying Airlines in ORBX country. That was science fiction six months ago. 

• Upvote 2

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

50 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Howard,

I don’t think 4.2 is going to solve you texture loading problems. For me I’ve never in all my sim life seen texture loading so good. 4.1 is not the problem or if it is it’s not the case for everyone.

like above it’s the best version of any sim I’ve own. DL hit could be far less but since i only fly n the day it’s not a problem for me. So apart from DL I think it’s fantastic.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

38 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Howard,

I don’t think 4.2 is going to solve you texture loading problems. For me I’ve never in all my sim life seen texture loading so good. 4.1 is not the problem or if it is it’s not the case for everyone.

like above it’s the best version of any sim I’ve own. DL hit could be far less but since i only fly n the day it’s not a problem for me. So apart from DL I think it’s fantastic.

It's bizarre Dave. Having spent the best part of six months, since installing V4.1, I have tweaked and tested every conceivable setting. I now run with all settings at normal or medium, and even now have texture loading issues! As a matter of interest, are you running a 4k monitor with Win10?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

12 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

It's bizarre Dave. Having spent the best part of six months, since installing V4.1, I have tweaked and tested every conceivable setting. I now run with all settings at normal or medium, and even now have texture loading issues! As a matter of interest, are you running a 4k monitor with Win10?

No and No, 1080x1920 W7

My Setting. I only fly high, no GA'a anymore.

lighting is a waste of time because of PTA but its below anyway.

s3.jpg
s1.jpg
s2.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Howard.  4k Is the killer.  You could have 3 1080tis in sli and a 8700k and youll still get issues with say the fsl, orbxs, some ai and that's with out dynamic lighting.  LM can shill all they want but as I've said a million times, it's a pimped up version of fsx.  The fact that ooms are a thing of the past is amazing, but it's the same old fsx no matter how you cook it and in 2006 (yes 12 years ago) when it was botched and abandoned no one had ever heard of 4k or 64bit.  

Sorry to be negative but thats the dirty rotten truth of it.  No matter how hard you shine and polish it its old technology rebranded to sell to flight schools and the military.  LM has done a brilliant job of making it 64 bit and jazzed it up a big but that's it. 

I'm a 40 year old guy, losing my hair and  no amount of haircuts,  fancy beards, life coaches, face cream, designer clothes and reinventing will ever make me 25 again no matter how much marketing is sold to me and no matter how hard I tried.  Its the same here with v4, they are working with what they've got and doing the best the can to sell it as a good product.  

• Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

45 minutes ago, tooting said:

no amount of haircuts,  fancy beards, life coaches, face cream, designer clothes and reinventing will ever make me 25 again no matter how much marketing is sold to me and no matter how hard I tried.

:biggrin: ha ha, very funny Pete. You're right of course, and I have to admit, that the 4k monitor was the one thing I did have my suspicions about. This was the reason why I beefed up my machine with 16gb RAM, 4.6 OC i7 and a 1080ti. You know, my last rig ran on an OCd SB2500 with a 1070 running a 2560x1600 res Dell monitor, and this had no problems at all with texture loading, adding that this was V3.4. I went to V4 at the same time as the rig upgrade. I seriously would not have thought going to 4k would have had such a large negative impact, when you consider the upgrade to the processor, extra RAM and having one of the beefiest GPUs on the marekt! Perhaps I was being a little naive thinking it would handle it. Although, in my defence, I was only basing things on other guys running 4k monitors elsewhere in the community, with successful results. I am not convinced that Win10 doesn't play a part in things too.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

No and No, 1080x1920 W7

My Setting. I only fly high, no GA'a anymore.

lighting is a waste of time because of PTA but its below anyway.

Thanks for the info Dave, very helpful and appreciated.

Howard

I hope this comes soon as I get the impression that some third party developers are hold back on new updated product`s to see what effect the update will have.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, tooting said:

but it's the same old fsx no matter how you cook it and in 2006 (yes 12 years ago) when it was botched and abandoned no one had ever heard of 4k or 64bit.  

It's not the same program, LM have been progressively updating the graphics engine for years now. No one had heard of an Oculus Rift in 2006 either, but I've flown 100% of my v4.1 flights in VR, and it's working beautifully.

So kudos to the LM team, though like everyone else I've got a long list of wishes for 4.2. :happy:

• Upvote 4

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

4 hours ago, tooting said:

Howard.  4k Is the killer.  

Um no...you can opine about this but it isn't fact for all. I run 4K on a 1080 and have textures loading in crisply, even at high speeds. And this is on an ancient 5930K. I will say I am running all 6 cores with HT enabled at 4.7Ghz, and did notice that memory bandwidth does have an effect as well. Also have no cfg tweaks anymore including FFTF or AM - Howard are you running any of those?

Back OT, really looking forward to the new helis and flight model in 4.2.

6 hours ago, tooting said:

The fact that ooms are a thing of the past is amazing, but it's the same old fsx no matter how you cook it and in 2006 (yes 12 years ago) when it was botched and abandoned no one had ever heard of 4k or 64bit.  

Not even close Pete. Just one major cleanup they did involved all the ASM code in FSX. This alone was a big job but doesn't get the bells and whistles of other things. Shifting many operations to the GPU was also a massive change. The modifications to the view options for multi monitor setups is another. It is not a pimped up version of FSX - it is P3D

Sorry Pete - your bias is showing big time. I don't have the time or the inclination to give you a litany of all the major and minor code changes LM has made - and much more to come. You're talking millions of lines of code - not a minor undertaking.

Probably not as fast as some might like but they have their own road map for the product.

Vic

• Upvote 9

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

51 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Not even close Pete. Just one major cleanup they did involved all the ASM code in FSX. This alone was a big job but doesn't get the bells and whistles of other things. Shifting many operations to the GPU was also a massive change. The modifications to the view options for multi monitor setups is another. It is not a pimped up version of FSX - it is P3D

Sorry Pete - your bias is showing big time. I don't have the time or the inclination to give you a litany of all the major and minor code changes LM has made - and much more to come. You're talking millions of lines of code - not a minor undertaking.

Probably not as fast as some might like but they have their own road map for the product.

Vic

I'm amazed indeed Vic how this mis-understanding keep floating around that it's a
dressed-up FSX version, in it's current form we're talking about a different sim not even close to FSX...

Hence the difference is far more huge as it was between FS9 and FS10 ;-)

André

17 hours ago, Montie said:

PBR and TrueSky (or simular) is what we need. Doubt we will ever see it though.

If trueSKY looks like the FSW flavor I can well do without it. I run Prepar3d4 with SkyForce clouds at present, but did run the default clouds for some time, and they are not that bad. On the other hand I run FSW with trueSKY and I only hope I will never be forced to use these oddly boiling and wafting clouds in Prepar3d.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11