Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Aerosoft Anchorage coming to P3D v4!

Which ORBX Region that covers PANC should I buy (still 45% off)?

Thanks 

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

Which ORBX Region that covers PANC should I buy (still 45% off)?

Thanks 

SAK Southern Alaska

Hi All

I got Fairbanks X to work in P3Dv4.1-all seemed good-flown it a few times now combined with some RTMM AddOns-AI Traffic and BWEP .

Well worth a try if you already have it

Dutch Harbour not so good esp in winter settings but might suit temporary /occasional use.

xxd09

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I've been working on the AFCAD for the Orbx SA PANC for weeks now.  Basically, the Orbx airport is missing the extended 07R, outdated numbering for 15/33, incorrect taxiway routing in and around SW end of terminal apron, and the cargo ramps are very wrong.  I hope to finish the airport file before Aerosoft releases their PANC.... what are the odds of that?

Hey Dan, I would still use your AFCAD fwiw! Thanks!

cheers

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

I've been working on the AFCAD for the Orbx SA PANC for weeks now.  Basically, the Orbx airport is missing the extended 07R, outdated numbering for 15/33, incorrect taxiway routing in and around SW end of terminal apron, and the cargo ramps are very wrong.  I hope to finish the airport file before Aerosoft releases their PANC.... what are the odds of that?

I will buy an aerosoft airport before I buy an orbx airport. The fact that Orbx airports don't have working gates is a turn off for me personally.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

1 hour ago, YukonPete said:

I will buy an aerosoft airport before I buy an orbx airport. The fact that Orbx airports don't have working gates is a turn off for me personally.

Orbx has some of the nicest detailed airports. I picked up KEGE, KPSP, and KBZN during the sale and the FPS and details are great. I don’t let something as trivial as working gates stop me from purchasing. 

• Upvote 3

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

7 hours ago, BrianW said:

Great news, hopefully they'll do Fairbanks too.  Flying the Everts DC-6 between PANC and PAFA is one of my favorite hops.

You and me both! Hearing about ANC finally being updated made my night. The PMDG 747 and DC-6 are severely lacking without Anchorage and Fairbanks. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

PANC will be a great addition to the PMDG 747-8 seeing it's a major cargo hub.

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

25 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

PANC will be a great addition to the PMDG 747-8 seeing it's a major cargo hub.

LOL ...Dan with you and another mentioning how great an addition this would be with the PMDG 747-8, and me not cruising their forums for a while I was thinking they made some sort of announcement about the -8 being close.

Hehe..I should have known better.  It's the holidays and it looks like Robert hasn't made any earth shattering announcements since Nov. 15 when he advised us to "don't wander too far off."  I'm sure they're on holiday mode and there is no way they're releasing the -8 before Christmas, which he noted that its not even in testing yet...and we know how long they take to test (not a bad thing mind you).

I think the best we can hope for from them is a few teaser shots before Christmas, and maybe flying it into a new P3DV4 PANC at the end of next summer (or before next Christmas!).

I'm really waiting for PANC too....its one of my favorite places to fly into and out of as a freightdog too.

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Orbx has some of the nicest detailed airports. I picked up KEGE, KPSP, and KBZN during the sale and the FPS and details are great. I don’t let something as trivial as working gates stop me from purchasing. 

Can't really call any airport that in the real world has moving gates  ''The nicest detailed Airports." When they don't move in P3D/XP/FSX etc..   Its missing one of the most important animations!   You might think working gates are trivial but myself and plenty of others don't! Some of us like to simulate as real as possible with gate to gate flights using GSX etc....  Just because you think working gates are trivial doesn't make it any less valuable.  

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

4 hours ago, downscc said:

Wow.  And here we are ORBX advertises that it enhances all airports!  I guess the enhanced ones do not have to be also correct :laugh: I always thought that the existing Aerosoft PANC works fine in P3Dv4, sure there is no DL but frankly I don't need it, if performance is bad.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

14 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

Wow.  And here we are ORBX advertises that it enhances all airports! 

They do, but you have to recognize the limits of those enhancements.  While they generally try to correctly place structures, the structures used are standard library objects, not custom replicas as you get in a separate payware airport.  And of course, any airport is a snapshot in time and may no longer be correct following mods.  In short, Orbx enhanced airports in their regions are certainly better than default, but they're also nowhere near standalone payware quality.

Scott

1 hour ago, tttocs said:

They do, but you have to recognize the limits of those enhancements.  While they generally try to correctly place structures, the structures used are standard library objects, not custom replicas as you get in a separate payware airport.  And of course, any airport is a snapshot in time and may no longer be correct following mods.  In short, Orbx enhanced airports in their regions are certainly better than default, but they're also nowhere near standalone payware quality.

Scott

I agree.  The Orbx payware airports, such as Monterrey or Palm Springs, are very nice  and rank right up there in my opinion.  The "enhanced" ones that are added with various regions such as FTX SAK or the free NA Airport Package are usually as good as any freeware airport.  It is simply unfortunate that their FTX SAK PANC is very out of date.  However, even being out of date it is still better than the default PANC that ships with P3D.

Dan Downs KCRP

I agree.  The Orbx payware airports, such as Monterrey or Palm Springs, are very nice  and rank right up there in my opinion.  The "enhanced" ones that are added with various regions such as FTX SAK or the free NA Airport Package are usually as good as any freeware airport.  It is simply unfortunate that their FTX SAK PANC is very out of date.  However, even being out of date it is still better than the default PANC that ships with P3D.

But freeware airports usually have custom buildings, not just default ones -- that's what makes them different from AFCADs!

Obviously, an updated AFCAD is better than nothing, but I guess I've just never understood the excitement over these Orbx "enhanced" airports.

James

19 hours ago, honanhal said:

But freeware airports usually have custom buildings, not just default ones 

I probably shouldn't have used the word "default" as that's a bit misleading.  The buildings used aren't fsx/p3d default, but I believe are from their own Orbx Libs, just as many freeware packages depend on others' custom libraries.  So they're not FSX/P3D default, but they're generally not fully custom buildings either.  In some cases this works pretty well - for example, I've flown into KAPA in metro Denver many times and taxied up to the Jet Center for a $100 hamburger at Perfect Landing and darned if the Jet Center they've built doesn't represent that pretty well.  In other cases where there's nothing in the library that matches it will be just OK.

I think the freeware global airports and the modified fields in regions are a substantial upgrade over default and not to be dismissed.  But they're still no substitute for a good payware field, and an airport like PANC deserves a 1st class treatment.

Scott