Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Speech Training Error

As far as I can remember I set it up properly but anytime I try to run Speech Training it gives me this error, and says it isn't. So my question is, what do I do on Windows 10 to solve my problem?

On 12/17/2017 at 3:42 PM, Dragonmount said:

As far as I can remember I set it up properly but anytime I try to run Speech Training it gives me this error, and says it isn't. So my question is, what do I do on Windows 10 to solve my problem?

Isn't what? The first thing to do is use the Windows 10 speech training and see if that works for you. That option is available from the Windows Settings and/Control Panel.

It's in the Windows Control Panel under speech options. That's how you tell Windows what type of microphone that you are using. You also can train the voice recognition engine:

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+10+train+voice+recognition&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS711US711&oq=windows+10+train+voice+recognition&aqs=chrome..69i57.15282j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Guys, we had the same issue with our own MCE (Multi Crew Experience) software, following Windows 10 Creators update release.

Please read this thread.

The solution was to replace the custom training files.

It appears in latest Windows 10, Microsoft has put a limit on the number of lines allowed in the file. Presumably to prevent speech training going on for ever.

Now, Around 14 to 16 lines are accepted. Anything above that and it reports en error. And to make things harder, the error doesn't point to the custom file at all. You'd think you have some kind of issue with speech engine.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, FS++ said:

The solution was to replace the custom training files.

It appears in latest Windows 10, Microsoft has put a limit on the number of lines allowed in the file. Presumably to prevent speech training going on for ever.

Now, Around 14 to 16 lines are accepted. Anything above that and it reports en error. And to make things harder, the error doesn't point to the custom file at all. You'd think you have some kind of issue with speech engine.

That was nice of MS to let us know.