Sign in to follow this  
Alausca

737 NGX sinks into Tarmac

Hi everyone, 

I am using latest release of P3D ver. 4.1.7.22841 and PMDG 737 NGX 1.20.8465

Fresh installation of everything and P3D just loaded with PMDG 737, clean fresh start and... here it goes... 

My weird problem is the following, basically 737 NG loads correctly and after a few seconds the

airplane sinks into tarmac !!!

If crash detection is disabled the airplane rattles and bounces instead, up and down increasingly. 

After searching I have found that some other user are experiencing a similar problem however 

I have never found a correct solution for this issue. 

Investigating myself I found that the cause of the problem is that the GW increases itself automatically well above 

the MTW... up to 1585.1 way above the 174 oficial MTW , total level shows 2290.8 % , crazy stuff.

Not only the CDU, the EFIS display shows as well weird numbers with a total fuel of 1459.7 and the main and center tanks as well.

so it looks like the airplane somehow thinks that it is 9 times heavier that the MTW , no doubt it sinks into tarmac.

once that happens, it does not matter if a set fuel to full, 2/3 or 1/3... all fuel figures are still wrong after that point regardless.

the rattle and bouncing stops after the fuel amount is reset in the CDU confirming the airplane thinks is actually lighter in weight,

i.e. fuel set to full and the main tanks show 668 lbs  instead of 8628 lbs although total level reads 99.8 %...

so after a few minutes airplane runs out of fuel , pathetic !!!

I have screen shots but I could not find how to insert them here.

PLEASE, anyone can put light into this? 

much appreciated mates

regards

Ali

what‘s your default flight? Never save/load up a complex addon as default flight...

do you use FSUIPC? If so, if you move the FSUIPC.ini out of the modules folder temporarily, does it solve the issue?

How do you load fuel and payload? There is a fuel and payload setup in the CDU under fs options, dont use the P3D load manager...

14 hours ago, Alausca said:

pathetic !!!

Very pointed language for someone who has not verified if this is caused by us or by your own installation and use issues.

If it were an issue with our code, then you'd see reports of this all over, but this is not the case. So is it pathetic that it's not working, or that someone is making blind assertions without doing the due diligence to verify things...?

Kyle Rodgers

22 hours ago, Alausca said:

Investigating myself I found that the cause of the problem is that the GW increases itself automatically well above 

the MTW... up to 1585.1 way above the 174 oficial MTW , total level shows 2290.8 % , crazy stuff.

Not only the CDU, the EFIS display shows as well weird numbers with a total fuel of 1459.7 and the main and center tanks as well.

so it looks like the airplane somehow thinks that it is 9 times heavier that the MTW , no doubt it sinks into tarmac.

once that happens, it does not matter if a set fuel to full, 2/3 or 1/3... all fuel figures are still wrong after that point regardless.

the rattle and bouncing stops after the fuel amount is reset in the CDU confirming the airplane thinks is actually lighter in weight,

i.e. fuel set to full and the main tanks show 668 lbs  instead of 8628 lbs although total level reads 99.8 %...

so after a few minutes airplane runs out of fuel ,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pathetic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I have screen shots but I could not find how to insert them here.

PLEASE, anyone can put light into this? 

I can answer your question as i had the same thing.

This usually happens to me when i switch the AC inside the sim like:

f22 then ngx.

or

this drone then the ngx.

Load the Sim with the default AC then select the ngx and do not change it then - not even the livery.

Report back if it helped.

Regarding screenshots:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Avsim+insert+screenshot

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Thank you very much Ephedrin and 30K for your useful reply, no comments about the useless child tantrum of someone else.

what‘s your default flight?... default airplane (F22) and scenario 

do you use FSUIPC? yes (but not registered) 

How do you load fuel and payload? CDU

Actually the reported issue happens exactly as you (30k) are suggesting 

"Load the Sim with the default AC then select the ngx and do not change it then - not even the livery." 

nonetheless I will investigate further and post my findings and some screenshots. Thanks again mates, much appreciated. 

Very likely I am doing something wrong, will report back soon.

19 hours ago, Alausca said:

Thank you very much Ephedrin and 30K for your useful reply, no comments about the useless child tantrum of someone else.

This useless child is a PMDG employee, developer, supporter who actually did some parental work... 

if you want to insult people for things you were doing wrong, fine. Feel free. But don‘t expect any help then. 

If you found it pathetic that an obviously almost empty tank runs out of fuel within minutes and you were in the air, then you havent done your checklists. 

If you found it pathetic that the 737 would not do what it should, there might be something going wrong. But as this useless child said: it‘s not the 737. 

so maybe calm down a little and try the steps you were adviced to. It is definitely your setup.

On 12/18/2017 at 5:39 PM, Alausca said:

Please don’t start trying to fire shots off at Kyle like that, it doesn’t do anyone any good. 

Also, there are rules for these forums and they include being respectful to one another. Do try and be nice, you’ll elicit a much more favorable response from the others if you do. 

Furthermore, do be aware that PMDG  require full names in their forums, first and last. I’m not seeing yours on your post so the easiest way would be to add it to your signature so you never have to worry about it again!

Lastly, welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you here and we hope you enjoy your stay!

21 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

This useless child is a PMDG employee, developer, supporter who actually did some parental work... 

Easy now, no need to fire back. We’re all friends here!

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:39 PM, Alausca said:

As Marc mentioned, I was simply providing some direction due to your own accusatory commentary.

Since I had to revert to parental mode earlier, I'll remain in that mode to ensure that you're provided with a few more course corrections:

Rule 1: Sign your posts - please.

Rule 10: Be nice - please.

And...honestly, somewhat arguably Rule 7: Be factual - please - though I will grant that you were not likely being intentionally misleading...still, calling something pathetic without going through the cursory motions of making sure it isn't being caused by you is pretty unreasonable, and uncalled for. I get that you're angry that something isn't working, but something not working is not always someone else's fault, as is very likely the case here. You'd do well in life to tone it down and not come out with guns ablaze at the first hint of something not working. All of us would have been more likely to help you, and I wouldn't have had to step in and divert the topic for a moment. Don't be the guy who yells at the gate agent for cancelling your flight - 1, it wasn't their call; 2, the weather outside isn't their fault.

In this case, your flight got cancelled, likely because your computer is a bit too stormy, and you're yelling at us for it. I can certainly help your computer's weather improve, but don't draw aim at me for the storm you've created there.

Full list of rules, here:

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers