Sign in to follow this  
Eytan_Ofir

P3D V4 FREEZES AFTER FEW A HOURS

So ussely after 3 hours somtimes more somtimes less i have this freeze.

so the SIM DOES NOT CRASH!!!

the flight continous i can turn sound off and on and go to outside view and i hear everything

but! the sim is frozen means that i hear everything moves but i dont see anything i see the plane frozen and nothing moves.

i have this problem from the moment i got p3d v4 4 months ago.

im not finding this problem nowhere

and im getting so frustetad i just cannot fix it

if i will go on a 12 hour flight and leave the sim i will come back after 11 hours and everything is fine...

but when im doing a 8 hour flight and im staying on the computer and watch youtube videos and do things it will freeze after 2-4 hours.

When it happends i Press the ; key and save the sim and restart the sim but thats not a solotion

I dont know what to do anymore.. please help

Add ons: 

ORBX GLOBAL, VECTOR, OPENLC EUROPE NA AND SA

FsRealTime

FsLinda

ASV4

OC4BA SIOC Drivers for open cockpits MCP

Vpilot AI

Ultimate Traffic live.

PMDG 777-747-737

happends with all planes!

Using Fiberframetimefraction=0.18 tweak

PLEASE HELP!

Did you delete the shader's folder - https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124773?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 18.12.2017 at 4:51 AM, Jim Young said:

Did you delete the shader's folder - https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124773?

before every flight... anyways its wierd i have two screens its seems that when i watch youtube videos on the sim screen on top of it for a long time it happends.

i try to watch youtube things and do internet stuff on the other screens seems like i can getawey with it

it was never a problem for me in v3 or fsx...

That's a shame you are still having issues as P3DV4 works great for many, including me.  Crisp and clear graphics with high fps and no stuttering or the blurries. Hundreds of others... uh, probably thousands of others are not having issues too and are enjoying their flight simulation experiences.  I wish there was a magic bullet to fix this issue your are having but there isn't.  At least with P3DV4 you don't have to worry about an OOM even when "running youtube things and doing internet stuff on other screens".  It is hard to tell whether you are joking with our us or not.  I mean, you admittedly are throwing every possible major resource at your computer system while running P3D, with probably max settings for P3D (because you think you have a powerful system and/or you think P3Dv4 won't produce OOM's so crank up the volume), with tweaks that have caused crashes/freezes in the past and not proven to work effectively in P3dV4 (if they worked effectively, I would think Lockheed Martin techs would have incorporated into the P3D.cfg), and with some add-on scenery/utilities that mostly have massive eye-candy and use a lot of system resources, and then complain here that you are having issues?  Can anyone help?  You're joking right? 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have the exect issue as Eytan does have, after suffering on Chrome I'm getting a freeze and a min later it's a CTD.
for e.g. from today: 11 hours without CTD then I woke up an hour before my arrival into KSFO and I opened Chrome and then I've got a CTD.
All of my sceneries are compatibled for v4.
I can't complete a flight without getting a CTD.

My specs:

GTX1080

I7-6700K 4Ghz

16GB RAM

and my settings are medium and not ultra, I'm not using any tweaks at all.

Thanks!

Please help us to solve it :(

You evidently ran out of 8 terebytes of Virtual Address Space (VAS) and this is a known bug in P3DV4.  You provide impossible scenarios.  When you have a crash in P3DV4 it could be caused by a multitude of issues.  Only YOU can solve it as the sim works flawlessly for almost everyone.  If you installed P3DV4 and used the default aircrafts with no addons, no tweaks, and the default settings and still had a crash, I could see you blaming P3DV4.  That is the fault of Lockheed Martin and you would need to go to Lockheed's forums and submit your issue.  But you won't get a crash even if you max your settings!!  Then you begin to raise your settings or insert a tweak in the p3d.cfg or install eye-candy addon's (fully compatible with P3DV4).  That's not Lockheed's issue.  That's your raising your settings, inserting a tweak or installing eye-candy compatible addon's.  What are we suppose to do with crash reports like yours?  No.  You have to investigate and try to find out what caused your crashes.  You already know it was not P3DV4 so now it comes down to an addon in your scenery.cfg/Addon Organizer, a P3D setting above the defaults, possible corruption of an add-on.xml, the dll.xml, or scenery.cfg.  You can determine whether it is corrupted by opening up the Addon Organizer and checking the encoding box at the top right of the organizer and seeing if anything is corrupted.  If not, then you investigate the P3D.cfg, then the dll.xml's, then an addon.  In the AVSIM CTD Guide, there is a guide on how to investigate your crash starting on page 9 and all the way to page 21.  Hopefully you can find the cause of your crashes.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

On 22.12.2017 at 1:37 PM, Jim Young said:

That's a shame you are still having issues as P3DV4 works great for many, including me.  Crisp and clear graphics with high fps and no stuttering or the blurries. Hundreds of others... uh, probably thousands of others are not having issues too and are enjoying their flight simulation experiences.  I wish there was a magic bullet to fix this issue your are having but there isn't.  At least with P3DV4 you don't have to worry about an OOM even when "running youtube things and doing internet stuff on other screens".  It is hard to tell whether you are joking with our us or not.  I mean, you admittedly are throwing every possible major resource at your computer system while running P3D, with probably max settings for P3D (because you think you have a powerful system and/or you think P3Dv4 won't produce OOM's so crank up the volume), with tweaks that have caused crashes/freezes in the past and not proven to work effectively in P3dV4 (if they worked effectively, I would think Lockheed Martin techs would have incorporated into the P3D.cfg), and with some add-on scenery/utilities that mostly have massive eye-candy and use a lot of system resources, and then complain here that you are having issues?  Can anyone help?  You're joking right? 

Well my settings are not even close to the max... im in flight simulation for the past 6 years.. so i know "some stuff"

and thrust me before i posted here i've chaked everything..

Dll 

exe

cfg

everything tried to changce settings diffrent planes.. happends with all of them. and i never had a problem running chrome and even stean games in the backround this is a v4 thing and happends at cruise with no reason again if i do not touch the pc it dosent happen. and i belive that with my system i can allow myself surff on chrome.

I understand what you are saying.  But, what I'm telling you is that P3Dv4 can run with all sliders to the right and you can even watch YouTube or TV on the same screen without any problems.  But that's just with the application P3DV4 w/default aircraft, default scenery, a default weather theme.  But you don't have any heavies, just some GA stuff so developers provided addons to give you more immersion in the sim.  Some addons were developed using the P3D SDK, some not.  Some approved by Lockheed techs, some not.  Sure, the sign on the window says the addon is compatible with P3DV4 but with high settings?  Most addon developers say no and provide recommended settings.  When you run see P3D crash or freeze it then gets frustrating.  You post here like we are the experts who know everything and why it freezes after a 3 plus hour flight and you want us to tell you exactly why.  I provided one reason why and now you are upset because, I suspect, you want to know exactly why.  It's one main reason why I came up with the AVSIM CTD Guide.  You know your system, it's limitations, the addons installed, your aircraft, your flight plan.  It is not P3D that is crashing.  It is one of the addons or a system malfunction like a bad overclock, a cpu voltage that's too high or too low, overheating, bad or corrupted textures in an addon, AI that were developed for FSX or FS9 and no longer have textures compatible with 64-bit applications or objects in an addon that are not compatible and when they are rendered, P3D freezes up.  So, I just want to know how we know which one of those possibilities is happening to your issue.  The guide provides probable causes and, in some cases, known fixes but it does not cover every situation.  I have flown for 2-3 hours and rarely have a crash or freeze.  I know the settings on the first page of the P3D settings are at max and so far no problems.  If I had problems, I would probably lower one or two of those settings just to see if I can fix my issues.  A couple of versions ago, when using P3Dv3 or 2, I was getting crashes but I knew exactly what was causing them.  Lack of virtual address space indicating I had high settings.  Once I got a crash at the same location every time I ran the flight plan.  It was a ntdll.dll error.  Turns out it was military AI in the area and I read in the guide where this was a known issue with users of MyTrafficX.  I renamed the mytrafficmil.bgl to .off and that fixed the problem.  There are so many addons out there today and many are using old 32-bit scenery addons.  Maybe they work, maybe they don't.  The only way to find out for sure is to disable them, run the same flight plan and see if the error can be replicated.  If not, then it is one of the sceneries used in the flight plan.  Hopefully you will find a fix for your problem(s) too.

Submit News to AVSIM

Ok thanks for the tips.

could you explain to me the thing about the 8 terra bytes VAS?

i know what vas is from the 32 bits sim's

but i tought v4 is 64 bit... means no restrection.

could you explain to me about that limitation beacuse if thats the case i can just minimize the sim for the time that im surffing in chrome..

then vram and cpu will go down a lot

1 hour ago, Eytan_Ofir said:

could you explain to me the thing about the 8 terra bytes VAS?

According to Microsoft, all 64-bit applications that run on Windows, 64 bit, have around 8 terabytes of VAS if the LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE flag is set to YES (default with Microsoft Visual C++2010 64-bit and later) - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx.  P3DV4 is a 64 bit process.  If you have a 32-bit application running on a 64-bit OS, the limit is 4GB's (such as P3DV3 and earlier, FSX, FSX-SE).  When you run out of VAS, even just momentarily, you will get Out of Memory (OOM), NTDLL, or a StackHash error.  For P3DV4 users, this allows users of 64-bit apps to turn up their settings a bit higher than those who run FSX, FSX-SE or P3DV3 or earlier as high settings in 32-bit applications used up the VAS a bit faster with higher settings.

So, you may be okay with having sufficient VAS as compared to 32-bit applications, but that does not mean you can still run P3Dv4 unrestricted with settings at the max with Chrome (or any browser) running in the background.  There are many other things happening to your computer system depending on its configuration and hardware.  When you are using a lot of resources other than VAS such as RAM, video card, or CPU, they have demands and restrictions too.  For instance, your system may crash because an incompatible texture was called by your application and it failed to render.  The demands of the application and any addons to that application may also cause a hardware component to overheat or cause hardware voltages to suddenly rise too high or too low.  Another possibility would be assigning a "tweak" to an application to better utilize resources and the parameters for that tweak are at incorrect values for your hardware and computer system. 

I have had several flights without incident in certain locations of the world and then in another location, I'll get consistent crashes or freezes.  What's up with that??  Turns out it is a bad flight plan for an AI or, as in MyTrafficX, military traffic has several incompatible aircraft textures and the application cannot handle the processing of incompatible textures.  If you run Process Monitor during a flight session, you will see exactly what is loading in your application and you'll see almost a constant loading of AI throughout the flight.  It is why one usually suspects an AI program as the culprit as many are using AI programs made several years ago.  A 32-bit AI program can work in a 64-bit application if all of the components of the AI program are compatible.  Just takes one incompatibility and your sim freezes up or crashes.

I remember when FSX was first released in 2006 and then Acceleration later on.  We were struggling to maintain 20 fps and most of us had to limit our fps to get the best operation of our simulator.  We had addon aircraft and scenery that downright made the sim stuggle and I remember many saying that if you got at least 15 fps it was the same as what you saw in movie theaters.  Incorrect information but it made us happy to know we could get FSX to work at 15 fps or higher (I was getting around 10-14 fps).  When your system is struggling to maintain sufficient FPS to run an application, it may crash because it simply cannot render and complete all of the calls in time.  When you run out of FPS, your sim will crash or freeze up.  Not even 8 TB's of VAS is going to save you.  I have found that high Autogen, scenery objects employed by addon developers at airports, and lots and lots of AI are the common causes for fps to drop, sometimes instantly.  Add to that commercial weather programs that are trying to render major storms and/or high textured clouds, and you can see the issues that you might be confronted with.  I have a high-powered computer system I built especially for P3DV4 and have found that I cannot have many of my settings set to max or the sim will crash or slow down to an unbearable level that ruins the immersion.  I cannot run out of VAS though....

Hope this helps.  Apologize in advance for any typos or grammatical errors!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Ok. got it i will start chacking.

how about nvidia drivers?

after starting to fly v4 i had this freeze

then after installing an older nvidia driver it helped for a few months.

witch driver is the most reccomended / you are using?

Thanks

Eytan

I cannot install new Nvidia drivers on my Windows 10.  If I try it will start up with the Windows display as it does not recognize my Display Adaptor. The Device Manager will not even show I have a Display Adaptor.  I have done everything suggested on the Internet by uninstalling using DDU, safe mode, etc., etc.  It does not recognize my monitors too.  Happened during the update of v1703 and/or 1709.  Currently have 388.13 which work well.  I simply have set up a restore point to go to in the event I have to roll back again after attempting to update the drivers.  I have spent hours on this and it is not worth it as the newer drivers really do not change how FSX or P3D works.  If they had something in the changelog that indicated this driver will fix all issues with FSX and/or P3D, then I would go through the mess of reformatting my drives and reinstalling Windows, FSX, P3D, and all of my addons.  About the only way I would be successful is to completely reformat the M.2 SSD and reinstall Windows.  I think one of these years my system will figure it out and fix itself.

Generally I recommend the most up to date drivers.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM