Sign in to follow this  
PhilJ

Help Needed - Brown Horizon Problem

On 1/2/2018 at 4:26 PM, kiki said:

I have done tests. The results are not good. Every time with the modified presets the horizon is brown and with the original P3D shaders everything is ok. 

The freeware PTA worked like a dream in P3D v3.4 but the new PTA 2.60 for O3D v4.1. looks like to be a waste of money for me. I am almost ready to ask for refund. Is that the only option?

Hi there,

Can you try a few steps for me please?

1) Restore the P3D shaders to default (you can do this by running the client component of Prepar3D)

2) Download a fresh copy of PTA from the simtweaks website - extract it to a folder of choice.

3) Run PTA as administrator & then activate it

4) Load the preset that comes with v2.60 and apply it 

Now go into the sim and see if the issues persist. If the preset that comes with 2.60 works just fine then I'll take a look at the other presets - if not then i'll continue this via email so I can gather some files from you.

• Upvote 2

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

5 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Hi there,

Can you try a few steps for me please?

1) Restore the P3D shaders to default (you can do this by running the client component of Prepar3D)

2) Download a fresh copy of PTA from the simtweaks website - extract it to a folder of choice.

3) Run PTA as administrator & then activate it

4) Load the preset that comes with v2.60 and apply it 

Now go into the sim and see if the issues persist. If the preset that comes with 2.60 works just fine then I'll take a look at the other presets - if not then i'll continue this via email so I can gather some files from you.

Thank you very much for your help! I appreciate it.

I did all the steps above. And the result: now the horizons look good. I did this test with AS4 with different weathers and seasons.

I didn´t uninstall my original PTA. So I have now two of them in my system. I hope that´s not a problem. Anyway, I´ll delete the other one quite shortly. That should be the original one, right?

On ‎4‎.‎1‎.‎2018 at 3:15 PM, MattDavies said:

If the preset that comes with 2.60 works just fine then I'll take a look at the other presets - if not then i'll continue this via email so I can gather some files from you.

I don´t want to be too impatient, but would like to know if you have any news.

The preset you were using was at fault, that's something which the person who created it will have to fix - the one you used (my one) seemed to work fine therefore PTA itself isn't broken on your system.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

6 hours ago, MattDavies said:

The preset you were using was at fault, that's something which the person who created it will have to fix - the one you used (my one) seemed to work fine therefore PTA itself isn't broken on your system.

Thank you, Matt! That makes sense. 

So, the presets by Thopat and Adam are broken and we should avoid them? I didn't even think about that, because many here seems to think they are very good presets.

On 2/2/2018 at 4:04 PM, kiki said:

Thank you, Matt! That makes sense. 

So, the presets by Thopat and Adam are broken and we should avoid them? I didn't even think about that, because many here seems to think they are very good presets.

Did you ever figure out what the cause of the problem was? 

I have tried every preset available, including Matt Davies, same result with the brown horizon. The only thing that fixes it is to reset the shaders and shader cahce.

Running Skyforce 3D and AS P3D4. Should I run the PTA preset in SkyForce to make it work or am I wrong here?

Tried everything, even untick the cirrus lightning, think im gonna go mental. Has cost me around 4-5 hours trying to solve it...

Ok so I figured it out. 

It was the "Sky sarutation" setting that was the criminal making the brown horizon appear. So everyone that has this problem can run ALL the other settings but the "Sky sarutation", or maybe try it at a different setting than the presets have. I have just turned it off for now.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:48 PM, Nicko Brännlund said:

Ok so I figured it out. 

It was the "Sky sarutation" setting that was the criminal making the brown horizon appear. So everyone that has this problem can run ALL the other settings but the "Sky sarutation", or maybe try it at a different setting than the presets have. I have just turned it off for now.

Good find! I will try that. I have not used PTA because of this problem and also because there was no advice from the community or the developer to sort his out. Perhaps this is the answer! 

In other aspects this is a great product. Some times you just get frustrated with the on going problems.  

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.