Sign in to follow this  
PhilJ

Help Needed - Brown Horizon Problem

Whatever the case might be it looks awesome now....and hopefully will stick that way....doing one more circle around @42000 ft.

Thanks Adam

Alex 

13 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I'm looking forward to seeing if the [hopefully] imminent REX SkyForce will cure all evils.

That looks nice and promising....but will see once they launch, when I switched to v4 I was of course impressed with many things, but again, in the beginning I was running without PTA. But all this tells you, once you start combining all this as separate engines running million different thing you are going to have some issues. That SkyForce might be one stop shop.

I was flying last night with F22 (although I have no clue how, but it was quickest way to get up to fl40-50) and it looked all good. Tomorrow I will try regular "commercial" flight to see and comment on real picture. 

And if you make some nice changes please keep us posted.

Thanks Adam

Alex 

Well apologies to Adam firstly for wasting your time. Although I have been simming for over 30 years I'm still fairly new to Prepar3D and I only got PTA a few days ago so I just thought it was either a PTA issue or the preset.

I have been messing around with other presets just taking screenshots to make comparisons in different areas and I have noticed that a few other presets will get the brown horizon. But clearing all the shaders and copying back the originals clears it up, except on 2 presets that I tried where no matter what the brown horizon just will not go away.

Anyway, I like this preset so I'm sticking with it now, but I am looking forward to REX Skyforce as well, videos and screenshots look awesome.

9 minutes ago, PhilJ said:

Well apologies to Adam firstly for wasting your time. Although I have been simming for over 30 years I'm still fairly new to Prepar3D and I only got PTA a few days ago so I just thought it was either a PTA issue or the preset.

I have been messing around with other presets just taking screenshots to make comparisons in different areas and I have noticed that a few other presets will get the brown horizon. But clearing all the shaders and copying back the originals clears it up, except on 2 presets that I tried where no matter what the brown horizon just will not go away.

Anyway, I like this preset so I'm sticking with it now, but I am looking forward to REX Skyforce as well, videos and screenshots look awesome.

Looks like we made same "mistake" I applied ready REX PTA settings.....And the worst part I was making changes during the flight.

I did restored to default ASP4 as well, so I could start fresh with that as well.

Alex 

I have this very same problem with v4.1 and PTA 2.60 (fresh installs both).

When I open any downloaded preset and push the Apply preset -button, the horizons in the P3D are brown. Then I shut the sim down, open the PTA, use the Restore original P3D shaders, apply it and fire up the sim. And - voilá - the horizons are as they should be. I have read these posts over and over again but haven´t found anything to help me.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Hey Kiki,

Restore shaders first ((delete shader folder, make sure you delete proper folder....please take a look at Elaine (Popet's) instructions, very important)). Once you do that fire up, open PTA, but make sure you use trusted pre-sets.....Adam's is good, as well as Gerrard's, both are on this topic somewhere. Apply settings and and fire up P3D......

Report how you made out......

Alex 

22 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Hey Kiki,

Restore shaders first ((delete shader folder, make sure you delete proper folder....please take a look at Elaine (Popet's) instructions, very important)). Once you do that fire up, open PTA, but make sure you use trusted pre-sets.....Adam's is good, as well as Gerrard's, both are on this topic somewhere. Apply settings and and fire up P3D......

Report how you made out......

Unfortunately that didn´t change anything. :(

I have tried:

Adam´s 26.01

Thopat 2_2

AviationLads

Gerrard´s latest

All give the same result. I have tried in diffirent parts of world, in different seasons...

Really frustrating. But, hey, thanks for trying to help me!

What weather engine you are using.....? That should be fixed, I had similar issues but was able to do it....Are you using REX...

Alex 

Nope.

Here is what I do have: P3D 4.1+ AS4 + ASCA + PTA 2.60 + ENVTEX.

Did you check you AS4 settings....? cloud draw distances...I played with that as well...

• Upvote 1

Alex 

Well, that didn´t come to my mind. I´ll do just that and let´s see after that...

I have done tests. The results are not good. Every time with the modified presets the horizon is brown and with the original P3D shaders everything is ok. 

The freeware PTA worked like a dream in P3D v3.4 but the new PTA 2.60 for O3D v4.1. looks like to be a waste of money for me. I am almost ready to ask for refund. Is that the only option?

I had the exact same issue, along with disappearing clouds, and was never able to find the root cause. An uninstall and reinstall of the P3Dv4 client resolved it ultimately, but I'm not sure how to avoid it in the future.

- Aaron

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.