Sign in to follow this  
eke_flx

Chaseplane crashing

4 hours ago, eke_flx said:

Hi,

Today, after Chaseplane last update, Chaseplane crashing every time! I use P3D4.1.

Have you had a Win 10 update recently?

I had windows 10 update my sim pc Friday ( not by choice of course) and since then  3 separate programs do not work. Interestingly they are programs that I believe rely on DX11 or 12. I rolled it back and CP plus my 2 other video programs now work. I just checked my laptop it updated W10 this morning guess what, the same 2 vid programs stopped working on it, rolled back 20 minutes ago and they are working again. Micr$ taking money on false pretenses of having a working system again! I read somewhere that v4 does not work as well on Win 7, that probably applies to all its add on and plug ins - if it did work as well I would go back to 7 in a flash.

I know it is a one man survey but both machines were untouched other than for the WIn 10 update.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

no, i have windows 7 and it's not windows update here. And Chaseplane worked well earlier, but yesterday Chaseplane  updated  himself (v.0.4.1.2.5 beta) and after that not working anymore - allways same - Something unexpected happening..,,, A log file will be sent to FSFX Packages automatically.

I hope now that FSFX team notice it and fixes the error!

regards!

eke

Hi,

We just published an update potentially fixing the issue. Let me know!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi

unfortunately it did not help (v.0.4.127), same problem. After few seconds CP closes herself and same messages - Something unexpected happening..,

Hi

Sorry, but also 0.4.128 did not fixing that, the same problem.

Also does not help when reinstalling Chaseplane.

While I have not seen chaseplane.exe crash with the latest versions, I have been suffering from a a major simconnect problem which began with the latest chaseplane updates. 

After a few hours in the air, simconnect is no longer communicating with any of the programs that depend on it. 

PMDG (aircraft no longer responds to any control inputs). 

FSUIPC (menu is no longer accessible)

Couatl/Addonmanager (menu is no longer accessible).

As of my last flight 10 days go, I had never before seen this problem. When I launched P3D V4.1 for the first time again on Sunday, chaseplane updated. Since then I have seen the same issue over and over again.

Nothing else was updated (windows/or P3D related stuff). When I disable chaseplane (before launching P3D, the simconnect issue does not occur.

I am now testing again while using release 0.3.7. 

I hope this addresses the issue. 

P.S. This user is describing the same issue I am seeing

Leo,

Your issue is totally unrelated to this thread. Post in the thread you linked or create a new one.

Thank you

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

17 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Leo,

Your issue is totally unrelated to this thread. Post in the thread you linked or create a new one.

Thank you

Wilco.

I posted in the above linked thread.

Please let me know if you are already aware of the issue. It took me 5-6 attempts of running the sim (2 hours each) to narrow it down to Chaseplane.

How about 0.4.131?

I'm confident we can fix it by the end of the evening!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42