Sign in to follow this  
AirbusGuy1207

Boeing 747 Gear Glitch?

So whenever I make videos with the PMDG 747 v3, one half of the landing gear wheels and tires disappear as I touch down on the runway. Below are two screen shots illustrating the problem.

6lI7iek.jpg

Above: The left-hand set of gears are visible, but the wheels and tires are not. This is during touchdown, with the right main gears touching down first to compensate for a right crosswind.

huTmQmo.jpg

Above: This is when the nose gear touches down. As you can see, the left-hand wheels and tires are now visible again.

It seems as though this only happens to left main gears. All of the wheels are visible during approach and rollout, but disappears during touchdown when the gears move.

I am using FS-Recorder to replay this particular landing, but this also happens when I am flying normally. I am using SweetFX injectors to enhance visuals, but it does not seem to be the problem as the issue still occurs when I turn it off.

Is this something that was addressed in an update, or is this something that is particular to my system?

Thanks !

Don't think this something particular to your system as I have the same issue. Wheels are clearly visible when in the air and when on the ground. But at the touchdown especially after having been on the ground and bouncing up again ( even if ever so slightly) The wheel disappears.

I am using P3D4.1 and it doesn't bother me too much.

b rdsg / Dick

7 hours ago, AirbusGuy1207 said:

I am using SweetFX injectors to enhance visuals, but it does not seem to be the problem as the issue still occurs when I turn it off.

This is probably still the issue. Just because it's "off" doesn't necessarily mean that it's not causing issues.

Kyle Rodgers

Well. I am not using SweetFX injectors but I also have this problem that the maingear wheels " disappear" when in the "twilightzone"  between airborne and firmly on the ground.

I am using P3Dv4.1

b rdgs / Dick Knight.

Has anyone opened a ticket for this? If you haven't then is it is a problem and there is no ticket it will most probably be forgotten.

Remember the official way to report issues to us is via the ticketing system and not via the forum.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

No, I have not opened a ticket and I will not do so either. As mentioned in my earlier message: it doesn't bother me too much.

I was merely trying to help the OP who wondered if the problem was particular to his system..

Then when the SweetFX injectors thing was brought up I again tried to help by mentioning that I do not have this installed on my system.

b rgds / Dick Knight. 

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

Has anyone opened a ticket for this? If you haven't then is it is a problem and there is no ticket it will most probably be forgotten.

Remember the official way to report issues to us is via the ticketing system and not via the forum.

I'll open one right now just to be safe.

I was under the impression that many animations in PMDG products are not replayed properly, for example a moving flap disappears until it stops moving.  This is because most recording tools rely on the default modules and much of PMDG processes are external to the platform. I am probably wrong, but I'm not too concerned with exterior views.

Dan Downs KCRP

Gents,

FWIW:  There is really nothing magical about the landing gear that should cause half of the tires to vanish.  The gear truck beam itself is animated using customized code, but the wheels and tires themselves are attached to that beam using the same methods every other part is attached to the airplane.

I suspect you guys have something else afoot- and the vanishing tires is a symptom.

Let us know if you find it though, I will be interested none-the-less!

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

11 hours ago, anthonyg96 said:

Will 777 and 747 have trueglass

Keep it on topic, please.

Also, you may want to have a look around to see my thoughts on this question...

Kyle Rodgers