Sign in to follow this  
Matthew James de Bohun

Rex present Skyforce.

Fascinating. Looking forward to the first comparsions with ASP4 when it's released.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Yes, it sounds really amazing. The most appealing feature to me is the following:

We even increased frame rates by eliminating unnecessary cloud sprites cutting down on GPU usage. The 3D Cloud structures are now correctly and accurately displayed, and detailed clouds will NEVER be represented upside down. 

However, I am wondering if this feature unfolds itself only when you use REX' internal weather engine without Active Sky, or whether the improved FPS comes to fruition even if you do use other weather add-ons. In the latter case, how will SF3D interact with the weather add-on?  I mean, if Active Sky injects new clouds every 15 minutes, which hurts the FPS (because that's the way it has been programmed), it must surely do it with the SF cloud textures, too...

• Upvote 1

Looks very promising... spectacular visuals.  My only issue is that the majority of examples are low level flight.  Since I do mostly commercial flights, it would be nice to see more examples (video) of how all these effects look from 30+ thousand feet.

• Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

28 minutes ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Just had a quick read through and it sounds amazeballs!

http://rexskyforce.com/

Yes but check the date on that Youtube video, June 2016 and we are still waiting.

gb.

• Upvote 2

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Looks fantastic. After a longer absence of REX products on my system, I will consider going back to REX products if they also offer historical weather.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Ahh. I thought by the title of this thread that it had been released. This has been in development for the past two years! As a matter of interest, the entire marketing hype revolves around the term 3D clouds, I have not read any post from anyone getting excited at the prospect of this. I hope, as it is being marketed as 3D clouds, that that's exactly what is on offer.

• Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

7 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Ahh. I thought by the title of this thread that it had been released. This has been in development for the past two years!

Three, as they state themselves. And I am positive we can add another one.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Well what can you say 3 years and "available soon" soon can mean anything with addons...anything! 1 week to 1+years

It looks stunning and could be the new weather engine we all use. (most of us)

Remember we (most of us) all used REX weather at one time , then OPUS then AS.

I hope once you set up the setting you like its a start and forget. I want it to inject whatever is needed without having to go into it everytime and set it up.

It will have to work with PMDG weather WX and FSL.

It says it will give us a gain in FPS over what we use now. Sounds great.

It all sounds and looks great but we will have to wait and see what their idea of "soon" is.

It also will have to be ground breaking for most of us to switch over to it. But if it is and as good as it looks then bring it on.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I will switch to REX for sure when the Sky Force is released. Reed said they were still aiming for a Xmas release this year.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

Guest Mik75

Well, to be absolutely honest, I’m not really that impressed. We had these sharp and clear “pictures of clouds” in the very first versions of REX textures. And when flying through or above them (something which is not shown in this video at all), it looked not that convincing anymore. So they came up with soft clouds, which offered the better overall experience, but lacked some variety. So I’m really looking forward to reading first user opinions and seeing first user videos of this product, once it gets released. 

Amazing visuals have to be coupled with an amazing weather engine - otherwise it's just a pretty picture.  So far I've heard nothing about integration with AS16 - I assume they will be using their own weather engine.  But nothing has really been said in this regard.

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Ahh. I thought by the title of this thread that it had been released. This has been in development for the past two years! As a matter of interest, the entire marketing hype revolves around the term 3D clouds, I have not read any post from anyone getting excited at the prospect of this. I hope, as it is being marketed as 3D clouds, that that's exactly what is on offer.

The engine in fsx and p3d does not allow true 3D clouds so I wouldn’t get your hopes up. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GHarrall said:

The engine in fsx and p3d does not allow true 3D clouds so I wouldn’t get your hopes up. 

Redesigning the cloud structures is one of the main selling points of this product, so even though not 3D, might (hopefully) be a good representation of 

6 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Redesigning the cloud structures is one of the main selling points of this product, so even though not 3D, might (hopefully) be a good representation of 

9 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Amazing visuals have to be coupled with an amazing weather engine - otherwise it's just a pretty picture.  So far I've heard nothing about integration with AS16 - I assume they will be using their own weather engine.  But nothing has really been said in this regard.

Hello ErichB,

I think you have missed some pages of the introduction, if you take a look at the top right corner you will find any information you want.

Information regarding compatibility: http://rexskyforce.com/compatibility.html

Information regarding weather engine capability: http://rexskyforce.com/weather.html

• Upvote 2

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.