Sign in to follow this  
Matthew James de Bohun

Rex present Skyforce.

26 minutes ago, Harvgordon said:

Hello ErichB,

I think you have missed some pages of the introduction, if you take a look at the top right corner you will find any information you want.

Information regarding compatibility: http://rexskyforce.com/compatibility.html

Information regarding weather engine capability: http://rexskyforce.com/weather.html

Hi Gordon

Best news I've heard today.  Thanks for that.  Missed that completely

14 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

what would it add.. compared to AS16 andASCA?

So far, it looks like the visual representation is way above what AS16/ASCA offers.  ACSA looks cartoony in comparison.

Anyone know how it will integrate with PMDG weather radar?

• Upvote 1

I will stay with ASP4 + ASCA+ EnTex

Imho they are too late with the release. However, I wish them all succes.

regards, Gerard

• Upvote 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

21 minutes ago, ErichB said:

So far, it looks like the visual representation is way above what AS16/ASCA offers.  ACSA looks cartoony in comparison.

Anyone know how it will integrate with PMDG weather radar?

I don't think it will unless they reverse engineer the Active Sky interface PMDG uses.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I went back to using REX for a number of reasons a month ago.  It's more flexible for my needs and the clouds look better...more realistic and more ominous in storms and rain showers.  I've always liked that about REX.  I think AS16/ASCA has a whole lot of promise and expect it to keep improving.  I'm going to try to keep owning both.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

4 hours ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Just had a quick read through and it sounds amazeballs!

http://rexskyforce.com/

Well let's see and wait what it really brings to the P3D environment and with performance in mind?

André

From their webpage...

"Even with costly similar aftermarket products installed, weather systems severely lack due to the constraints of the simulator SDK. SKY FORCE 3D BREAKS THIS BARRIER!"

Hmmm, It'll be interesting to see how quickly their support will be with new P3d version releases if they are programing outside of the SDK parameters and it breaks breaks their coding business rules? AS16 has been PDQ at getting updates pushed with each new release, It would sure suck to have to wait a long time for your weather program to work properly. Took quite a while for the Advantage radar to get updated for use in P3dv4.1 even if it's not a 'flagship' product.

It's going to have to live up to their hype and be a real game changer before I would give up what I already have in ASCA/AS16 and PTA...we'll see. I do wish them well competition and pushing tech forward means we all win in the end.

• Upvote 1

RE Thomason Jr.

I suspect this is going to be a major winner.  It's a first day buy for me.  I've taken worse punts.

Isn't this all old news or is there actually some new news...? Anyway, I can't see anything about historic weather: anyone knows if REXSF has this? If it only has real time (current) weather it's totally useless for me.

12 minutes ago, J van E said:

Isn't this all old news or is there actually some new news...? Anyway, I can't see anything about historic weather: anyone knows if REXSF has this? If it only has real time (current) weather it's totally useless for me.

Good question.

Gregg Seipp

What's with the title? Very deceptive. Many have been waiting for this product for some time and I thought the title indicated release. Fail! 

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Seems to be some overlap with REX4TD+SC, will owners of those products be eligible for any discount?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

So is it 3d clouds or not? They say in certain places on their site that it is but I thought esp based platforms couldn't do 3d clouds. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom