Sign in to follow this  
Matthew James de Bohun

Rex present Skyforce.

6 minutes ago, Lbt564 said:

i was actually shocked when i saw the old video when they released they page, but the problem is the lack of inflight screenshots.

Yeah, that seems to be a gaping hole in their otherwise extremely comprehensive product page.

I bet you could write the topics now coming in the first week of release:

"HELP Getting Low FPS - Rex Skyforce 3D Overcast sky - EGLL"

"Unrealistic Cloud Formations Hurricanes, Overcast- Rex Skyforce 3D"

"HELP CTD - Rex Skyforce 3D - P3D 4.1"

"SkyForce 3D or ASCA+Envtex+AS16 what do you recommend?"

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

I bet you could write the topics now coming in the first week of release:

"HELP Getting Low FPS - Rex Skyforce 3D Overcast sky - EGLL"

"Unrealistic Cloud Formations Hurricanes, Overcast- Rex Skyforce 3D"

"HELP CTD - Rex Skyforce 3D - P3D 4.1"

I suspect we’ll see quite a bit of those indeed.

11 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

I think this will be the winner for most asked <sigh>.

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

You guys do realize that no one will be forced to purchase this, am I the only excited about this. After reading some or most of these post it seems that I just might be..

Just now, sbague1 said:

You guys do realize that no one will be forced to purchase this, am I the only excited about this. After reading some or most of these post it seems that I just might be..

You definitely aren’t, people are just trying to get some more info before deciding whether or not to buy it.

4 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I think this will be the winner for most asked <sigh>.

Vic

Got that right...

I think there is a more to this than meets the eye. Subconsciously we all want this to work and the excitement is building at the prospect. Unfortunately the driver is the fear that, after all, the product might not in fact meet our individual expectations. So why all these posts? Quite simple, really: we are expecting some reassurance that our fears, in the end, are unfounded.

Of course, none of this is new. As on many previous occasions, while perfectly understandable, this topic seems to be following a very familiar path.

As others have said, let's stop all this unnecessary fretting and wait for the release. No doubt REX will continue to tease and whet our appetites in the meantime. Anticipation remains part of the excitement associated with this amazing hobby of ours.

Mike

• Upvote 4

I've been waiting for this for a loooooong time.  I hope it integrates well with P3D.

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Everyone should just stop speculating, it is better to wait until a certified reviewer (I am sure some of them have been contacted already) try the product and write an official article where it can show us the necessary information to understand this product and clarify any possible doubts.

In any case any new product developed with the objective to increase our simulation experience is positive as it will continue to push the current boundaries of our simulators, this is what makes our hobby so existing and allow us as users to continue seeing improvements all the time.

Let's embrace the hard work developers do for all of us and continue to enjoy the wonderful results they bring for each of us on a daily basis.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

• Upvote 6

Simbol, you better stop posting and work on this darn runway utility which the community is so incredibly in need of! 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Simbol, you better stop posting and work on this darn runway utility which the community is so incredibly in need of! 

Lol, I develop when my 2 year old daughter and wife go to bed, in the meantime I try to be always online for the community and my users of course.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Lol, I develop when my 2 year old daughter and wife go to bed, in the meantime I try to be always online for the community and my users of course.

I'm kidding of course, but in all seriousness this has got to be one of the most awaited utilities for me personally without even knowing the details, lol. 

• Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

With all this thing about dynamic texture injection. I am not speaking for REX here nor do I have an in-depth understanding what is going on with FSX/P3D' weather system, I am merely trying to interpret what I have read so far. What I understand is that P3D's core weather system has a very limited variety of cloud structures and so other weather engines are trying to bypass that by injecting textures dynamically to create a better variety. And what Sky Force does if I understand it correctly is enhancing the variety of cloud structures, which each cloud type having it's own textures, so texture would be displayed according to the cloud type. So until now we had Condition? -> choose one of these textures ..... and Sky Force is probably going Condition? -> choose cloud model/structure and based on the model/structure it will use the required texture.

With this kind of logic dynamic textures within clouds isn't that essential anymore in my book. Variety is still given. I do however wish for a "within flight session" condition-dependent injection of sky textures. Having a 10-day cycle of texture variation is neat and creates variety, yet having a condition dependent variation of texture still is a step further. It's not a show stopper for me, but it's one point where competition still has an edge.

19 hours ago, Nyxx said:

How do you know that J, you state it like a fact.

How do you know that it will not work, how do you know this is not new tech, the next step in our weather within the sim.

So your now implying Reed is lying or misleading us?

Common sense. :happy: Just read the information and look at all the availabel screenshots of the GUI and you should come to the same conclusion. :happy:

18 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Again how do you know you need to pick anything? 

How do you know that Skyforce is not using - utilizing all that variety, 20GB worth to present you with a new level of variety in what you see so no two flights are ever the same in a new way we have not seen before?

Again: just look at the screenshots and you'll see the same old screens with loads of options to pick from and to install.

17 hours ago, vgbaron said:

In all the years I've been involved with flight simulation, it NEVER ceases to amaze me how the rampant speculation starts when a new product is announced. Couple that with some people reading more into or out of the words posted by others. The only thing that surpasses that is, after the product IS released and all the attaboys and trashtalk start in earnest.

I know it will cut down our post count drastically but for once I'd like to see us just wait and see and be surprised!

Well, for starters, talking about an upcoming product is half of the fun! Not talking about it would cut down the post count indeed but it would also make this forum a boring place and it would make announcements of upcoming products almost useless. :happy: Besides, what's wrong with speculation? As long as people keep it civil I see no harm in it. If we hadn't been speculating about it all no one from REX would have answered any questions here already while a lot of people are curious to find out more about Skyforce. 

I don't really get the negative view on speculating. As I said, it's half of the fun!

1 hour ago, OSJJ1985 said:

And what Sky Force does if I understand it correctly is enhancing the variety of cloud structures, which each cloud type having it's own textures, so texture would be displayed according to the cloud type.

I didn't read that red part (my edit) anywhere so far. Could you point to where you got that information from?