Sign in to follow this  
Matthew James de Bohun

Rex present Skyforce.

11 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

So is it 3d clouds or not? They say in certain places on their site that it is but I thought esp based platforms couldn't do 3d clouds. 

I think what they are saying is that they found a way to do it. We will find out if they really find out once it is released :D

• Upvote 1

Ahmet Can

It says on 3D clouds..

"Redoing the 3D cloud model structure and SDK and patterning it after real-world cloud classifications with their own specifications, positions and heights."

"Incorporating synchronization technology which dynamically syncs 3D cloud model structures in real-time during flight." 

"Increasing frame rates by eliminating unnecessary cloud sprites for all cloud types."

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

I will stay with ASP4 + ASCA+ EnTex

Imho they are too late with the release. However, I wish them all succes.

regards, Gerard

I would wait if this is the "game changer" (sim changer) it could be, never say never, I would move from AS within a day of release if it brings what it looks like.

It Must make the WX in PMDG & FSL work. Even then I might go to it, if it brings weather like they show with less FPS hit.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I would take all this with a grain of salt. REX are masters of promotion and big words, and sometimes I wished they would invest a few $$$s more into development than advertising.

ASCA+AS2016 work amazingly well. If Skyforce will be better, I'll certainly get it, but I'll sure wait for a few early reports.

In any case, their upgrade scheme with Service Packs etc. sucks. I own REX 4 + Soft Clouds, bought separately, not installed at present, but when I reinstalled it the last time it was a nightmare to achieve integration. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 15

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Some very interesting cutting edge tech descriptions.  We have moved around with the next best wx engine. 

I will keep an eager open mind to it. AS16 and ASCA is really good but has its flaws like spinning clouds if you look at it from certain angles. This will come out and then HIFI will come out with the next cutting edge technology for wx in the next 2-3 years.    My question is these wx engines are always based on Metar which is subjective to around the airport itself and to one observer and perhaps to pilot reports. How do you really represent the wx 10-20 miles out from the airport?  Can it every really be done? Currently its just guess work and I dont think you could every completely match exact weather at any one location accurately. 

Also some more confusing naming conventions for these upcoming products.  

"REX is always looking to be on the cutting edge. Therefore, Sky Force 3D is ready to adapt to future technology we currently have in development such as Environment Force, Weather Force and Effects Force."

Too many force products. We all going to get confused and bombarded with questions like previous products. So what is skyforce 3D relative to these other ones now who are very wx related as well?

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

It does look absolutely amazing, but as others have said it will have to be compatible with existing weather radars in aircraft before I’ll pick it up. I’ll also have to see how the actual weather engine is, it’s all of that eye candy is nothing without a good weather system. I’m most interested in supercells, and clouds that can go up to 70k. That’ll sure make it interesting for this Concorde pilots who thought they could just forget about the weather below them :laugh:

28 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I would wait if this is the "game changer" (sim changer) it could be, never say never, I would move from AS within a day of release if it brings what it looks like.

It Must make the WX in PMDG & FSL work. Even then I might go to it, if it brings weather like they show with less FPS hit.

The 737 ND weather radar from Prosim is working perfectly with ASP4 .

Cloud models is something ASP4 already has.

Never seen spinning clouds ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Well we will all have to wait and see :biggrin: Then we can judge :cool:

18 minutes ago, pmb said:

REX are masters of promotion and big words, and sometimes I wished they would invest a few $$$s more into development than advertising.

I agree 100%. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

One of the reasons I migrated away from REX was because there are TOO many choices to pick from.  It became an absolute chore to pick from all of the cloud sets, skies, water, runways, etc.

I want to be able to install a product and have it automagically inject everything into the sim.  Thus, one of the reasons I like AS16/ASCA.  Skyforce appears to be more of the same from REX:  choices, choices, and more choices to make.

• Upvote 6

Oh no hype fever in the air again, for me as to be a awesome product to replace my now success combination of ASCA + AS + Envtex!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

My friends,

I can't say very much about Sky Force, as I'm constrained by a NDA.  But from my in-depth conversations with the boss (Reed Stough) about how the software works an achieves it's incredible visuals and weather accuracy.  From what I know and have seen, I am very impressed.

I absolutely can not say another word about this, nor will be I able to stream first looks of Sky Force as I've done with many other Betas.  The best advice I can give my friends in the community is to subscribe to the REX Newsletter for important updates - not only on Sky Force, but several highly innovative products that REX has coming out (I've seent them too, and I'm also very impressed with them).

It's an educated guess on my part, but I believe REX has had to remain secretive about development of their upcoming products due to the new ground they break - in several directions!

Just one last word. Those who know me, know that don't engage in any level of hype. You'll never get anything but straight talk and honest recommendations from me.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 10

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

6 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

My friends,

I can't say very much about Sky Force, as I'm constrained by a NDA.  But from my in-depth conversations with the boss (Reed Stough) about how the software works an achieves it's incredible visuals and weather accuracy.  From what I know and have seen, I am very impressed.

I absolutely can not say another word about this, nor will be I able to stream first looks of Sky Force as I've done with many other Betas.  The best advice I can give my friends in the community is to subscribe to the REX Newsletter for important updates - not only on Sky Force, but several highly innovative products that REX has coming out (I've seent them too, and I'm also very impressed with them).

It's an educated guess on my part, but I believe REX has had to remain secretive about development of their upcoming products due to the new ground they break - in several directions!

Just one last word. Those who know me, know that I'm not a word not allowed, nor do I engage in any level of hype. You'll never get anything but straight talk and honest recommendations from me.

Best wishes.

I all the time find those NDA's of the sim addons companies kinda funny :) like its a major real estate deal...

Roi Ben

6 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I all the time find those NDA's of the sim addons companies kinda funny :) like its a major real estate deal...

Mostly so other companies don’t get the jump on their new tech and beat them out of the gate with a better, faster tech that would’ve been proprietary to them if they had an NDA. Same reason PMDG is keeping a lot of their stuff close to the vest until the get closer to release.