Sign in to follow this  
Matthew James de Bohun

Rex present Skyforce.

Guest Mik75
8 minutes ago, rstough said:

I would strongly recommend that you read this section of the website:  http://rexskyforce.com/models.html

This is not another texture package alone.  We have really upped the ante on what this product does.  The 3D Cloud models are what makes the experience more real.  In addition, we have doubled how many textures can be used on the cloud model to give it more realism.  When I have done my test flights and see the wisps of clouds go past now and a mist feeling when climbing through the bases.  It is freaking awesome.

Yeah! Like I said, I’m looking forward to seeing it in action! I have no predifened opinion. If it’s really a game changer, I’ll buy it for sure! :-)

4 hours ago, Blaze said:

From their webpage...

"Even with costly similar aftermarket products installed, weather systems severely lack due to the constraints of the simulator SDK. SKY FORCE 3D BREAKS THIS BARRIER!"

Hmmm, It'll be interesting to see how quickly their support will be with new P3d version releases if they are programing outside of the SDK parameters and it breaks breaks their coding business rules? AS16 has been PDQ at getting updates pushed with each new release, It would sure suck to have to wait a long time for your weather program to work properly. Took quite a while for the Advantage radar to get updated for use in P3dv4.1 even if it's not a 'flagship' product.

It's going to have to live up to their hype and be a real game changer before I would give up what I already have in ASCA/AS16 and PTA...we'll see. I do wish them well competition and pushing tech forward means we all win in the end.

The SDK is still valid on several aspects of the clouds, textures, and weather engine.  So staying updated will be easy.  The WX Radar was different because we were trying to make it work with ALL 3rd party weather add-ons.  That was the difficult part.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

27 minutes ago, rstough said:

Thank you for your question.  Sky Force - even though it would be best to use with its own weather engine, we did build it so it could be used with any 3rd party weather add-on.  The cloud models (not textures - though it does have textures) work with any system.

Thank you for your answer. Just one last question to make sure that I understand what the product is about:  Is it a cloud-replacement tool (like REX TD) that requires an additional weather program, or does Sky Force 3D include a weather generation engine, so that we don't need to use a weather add-on like AS2016 to fully benefit from the advantages?

26 minutes ago, rstough said:

We will try to get more shots out, but I can promise that is one area of serious testing.  Especially, with the storms. ;)

Very encouraging.  Thanks, Reed.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

7 minutes ago, rstough said:

we recommend to get the full effect of the cloud structures to use Sky Force 

To support that statement, what does the Sky Force weather engine add which AS16 does not  - given that weather engines use the same basic METAR string to recreate weather.

3 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

So is it 3d clouds or not? They say in certain places on their site that it is but I thought esp based platforms couldn't do 3d clouds. 

All flight sim platforms use a billboard system of some sort for 3D clouds; except Flight Sim World, which uses a shader based processing for 3D clouds.  We have greatly improved the billboard system to make the clouds more true to the real classifications as well as how they look in the sim.  As I have stated in another post I didn't believe it until I flew into myself.  But to fly through a cloud and see the wisps pass by as well as mist from under the bases is incredible.  That is just a small part of it.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

1 minute ago, rstough said:

All flight sim platforms use a billboard system of some sort for 3D clouds; except Flight Sim World, which uses a shader based processing for 3D clouds.  We have greatly improved the billboard system to make the clouds more true to the real classifications as well as how they look in the sim.  As I have stated in another post I didn't believe it until I flew into myself.  But to fly through a cloud and see the wisps pass by as well as mist from under the bases is incredible.  That is just a small part of it.

So its still a 2D clouds... with a in-cloud moving effect...

• Upvote 1

Roi Ben

Since you are replying, :D to make sure I understood everything correctly, will it work well with PMDG and FSLabs? And the pricing? Should we expect something more or less within the other REX products price range?

Thanks.

Ahmet Can

8 minutes ago, rstough said:

As I have stated in another post I didn't believe it until I flew into myself.  But to fly through a cloud and see the wisps pass by as well as mist from under the bases is incredible.  That is just a small part of it.

Thank you Reed for coming and answering some questions. Personally I will be all in and would prefer to use what would be the best weather engine to use to get the best out.

Can you please confirm that the PDMG and FSL WX work out the box.

People asking about the best weather engine to use= Reed already answered that.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi @rstough,

I want to personally say thanks for taking your time to come to these forums to give us information about your new product and to read our feedback.

Your products have always been very nice and innovative and I would like to let you know how much I appreciate all your hard work for the community not only with your payware products but also with all the freeware utilities and add-on's you gave to the community when you started.

I am sure I am not the only one that still remembers all your important input for the flying simulation environment and I hope others join me in expressing the long due gratitude for your work as being a developer myself (quite new at this) I know how important is to receive encouraging words which keeps our inspiration going and fuel our willing to continuing creating great products that a lot of people can enjoy later.

All the best wishes to you on your upcoming release.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

• Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, rstough said:

Ok, I'm still confused. In SkyDrive 3d if I fly ovetop of a cloud and I'm looking directly down towards it..will it spin?

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

2 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Ok, I'm still confused. In SkyDrive 3d if I fly ovetop of a cloud and I'm looking directly down towards it..will it spin?

18 minutes ago, rstough said:

Looks like the answer is yes.

Roi Ben

4 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Seems to be some overlap with REX4TD+SC, will owners of those products be eligible for any discount?

No there is no overlap here.  Sky Force is its own product with totally new technology built into one product.   REX customers will get a discount, but we are working that out now.  

Those with REX 4 TD and TDSC will not be left out.  We are planning to update some of the key textures to work with Sky Force after release.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

7 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Looks like the answer is yes.

Since we have redesigned the entire cloud model system, the ill-effect in question has been lessened to an acceptable degree. 

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

6 hours ago, GHarrall said:

The engine in fsx and p3d does not allow true 3D clouds so I wouldn’t get your hopes up. 

If that's the case Glenn, then they need to stop calling them 3D clouds! :smile: EDIT: Just read the entire thread and links... looks very exciting! Maybe they are true 3D clouds after all.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776