Sign in to follow this  
Jon Budworth

J41 EHSI and EADI screens not working.

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone can help or not but here goes!

I run the excellent PMDG Jetstream 41 on my PC without any problems. However, I recently installed Flight Sim and the J41 onto my laptop (windows 10). Flight Sim works well and the Jetstream works and flies well apart from the fact that the EHSI and EADI screens aren't working?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jon.

Hi Jon.

It's been a while for me but I believe you have to add a font to the windows font list. Search this forum for font and you'll find which one you need.

"Not working" is not particularly descriptive; do you mean they're entirely blank (as if they're off, which is probably an activation issue) or they're not displaying certain information (missing text, which would be the font issue above) or the AHRS isn't aligning (big fat red crosses on the screens)?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

If they're completely blank it is not a fonts issue. Send a support ticket to PMDG as it might be an activation thing. Obviously make sure the screens have power (overhead avionics switches on and generators and batteries on too) and the dimmers are not turned down.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, Jon Budworth said:

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone can help or not but here goes!

I run the excellent PMDG Jetstream 41 on my PC without any problems. However, I recently installed Flight Sim and the J41 onto my laptop (windows 10). Flight Sim works well and the Jetstream works and flies well apart from the fact that the EHSI and EADI screens aren't working?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jon.

Jon, you mentioned you installed 'Flight Sim", I'm assuming that you mean FSX. The JS41 does not function, nor is designed for any other sim at the moment.
If in fact, it is FSX, then yes, I would suggest a support ticket as well, however I am cautious to mention that FSX and Windows 10 don't mix well. It does work as a lot of people have gotten it to run on WIN10. In my experience it's always had a stray bug or two esp. when using 3rd party aircraft.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software