Sign in to follow this  
Bushido5

GTN 750 Flight 1 or reality XP ?

Not easy to find anybody that as both to tell whats best! I have the F1 and lovit, no complains!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Hi Folks,

I have both and I prefer the RXP one - better support - better features (crossfill) - better install tools - keep in mind though that RXP is not being installed by aircraft developers quite yet - so if you don't like to tinker - F1 is the no fuss model... I've successfully swapped the F1 version in aircraft I own for the RXP version... Hopefully - the aircraft developers will catch up...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have the Flight One GTN on ALL of my aircraft, either integrated in the panel if available, or as a popup window otherwise,  and decided to try the RXP version when I first heard about it. After using it for a bit, I decided to go back to the F1 version. I can't really put my finger on what I didn't like about the RXP, though. It just didn't feel right for some reason. If I had never had the F1 version, it would probably have been fine, I suppose...

Russ

• Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

I have transitioned from the F1 to the RXP GTN 750.  Do not have the 650.  The F1 and RXP feel and act mostly the same.  Not a big revelation.  They are both based on Garmin trainers. The RXP GTN is based on a much more current trainer and thus includes improvements and changes Garmin has made. 

Then there are some very useful differences.  If you use a real world flight planning site or a flight planning program that can save your flight plan in Garmin .gfp file format, the RXP GTN can import it.  Also, when you activate a flight plan in the RXP GTN, at least in FSX, it saves a simulator .pln file.  You can load that .pln file in the simulator and then get ATC for the flight.  I use the FSGRW weather engine myself, but I understand that ActiveSky may also use the .pln file.

I have smooth fully functional virtual cockpit installations of the RXP 750 into the A2A C182, A2A PA24 Comanche, Milviz B55 Baron and C310, Alabeo Mooney Ovation, Carenado C340, F406 Caravan, and B58 Baron (though I am still working to put in a 2nd radio set in it), the RealAir Turbine Duke v2, and a circa 2008 freeware HondaJet . 

Some of those require an easy to apply .XML gauge developed by a team here on Avsim for full button and knob functions in some VC installations (overcomes bezel interference).   So I have the RXP GTN 750 working smoothly in each aircraft where I had an F1 750 installed.  

Customer support I have needed has been great for both the new GTN series and also the RXP GNSv2 series.  I do still use GNS GPS's in a number of models, including variations of some aircraft in the GTN list above.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

Seems quite expensive and they never seem to go on sale. Ever. 

Which are you referring to?  The RXP stuff was 40% off over Thanksgiving.

Scott

• Upvote 1

Thanks all for your reply.

I concurs it looks expensive realxp is cheaper, on the other hand I'm not too keen on spending hours to integrate the gauge in the VC so the F1 solution might be a better option.

Not in a hurry to buy this so might wait for a sale.

19 hours ago, tttocs said:

Which are you referring to?  The RXP stuff was 40% off over Thanksgiving.

Scott

Ah my bad. I was mainly referring to Flight1, but also never seen RXP on sale. Further Carenado specifies F1 gear as replacements. Maybe the RXP now works in the PC12 for p3dV4?  Makes its a lot more reasonable if there is a sale. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

18 hours ago, Bushido5 said:

so the F1 solution might be a better option

Also if (in the future) you consider the just released Flight1 G500/600 package

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

Further Carenado specifies F1 gear as replacements. Maybe the RXP now works in the PC12 for p3dV4? 

RXP offers a very slick tool which helps with integration making it fall-off-a-log simple in most cases, and Ryan B. has put together a gauge which handles GTN button integration in the VC bezel.  In short, most planes that offer F1 integration should work fine with the RXP equivalents.  Don't have the PC12 so I can't speak to that directly, but I do have the RXP 750 integrated into the Turbine Duke for example.  Everything works fine, including coupled LPV approaches.

34 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

RXP will be releasing a G500/600 package soon as well.

FYI, not affiliated in any way with RXP, just a satisfied customer.

Scott

• Upvote 4

Hi Folks,

I'm with Scott - LOL...

Since you mentioned it - my PC-12 is rigged with the following in Bert's V57 (a must) panel mod:

• Reality XP GTN750
  • Reality XP GNS530
  • REX Wx Radar in place of the Avadyne

She's a hoot to fly now - one of Carenado's best efforts... The RXP installers made the gauge swap a breeze - - - note to self - - - need to get Ryan's gauges and attempt setup of same...

xm3dzp.jpg

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 3

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

7 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

RXP is also doing this and was announced a long time ago

hehe - competition!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

RXP is also doing this and was announced a long time ago

hehe - competition!

I stand corrected!

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I just did a flight KIDP to KDFW in the CJ2, then KDFW to KIAH in the Kingair B200...using the RXP 750 in both.  I don't have it installed in the VC panel... as I like to drag it on to a tablet and use my fingers vs the mouse to operate it....just like the real thing.:smile: (its amazing how much faster you can type in airports, fixes etc with your finger...at least I can vs the mouse).

The setup was a snap and the 750 is ridiculously intuitive to use (never read the instructions and use it with departures, arrivals, approaches, etc).

Yesterday I did a KMSP to KIDP flight in the CJ2 I'm about to post some screens on in the screenshot forum.  I'm really liking this little jet...and I'm pretty sure I would not even fly her or any of my GA if I didn't have the RXP 750. :wink:  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg