Sign in to follow this  
Bushido5

GTN 750 Flight 1 or reality XP ?

The newer trainer as the baseline of the RXP version is definitely ideal. If you have access to the real world Garmin databases you can update the full AIRAC + charts. Where as on the F1 GTN you can only upgrade the AIRAC but no charts as they use an older obsolete format of the trainer.

One of the nice things about the F1 version though is lots of companies like Flysimware. Milviz and Carenado provide easy exe batch installer to add the F1 GTN to their airplanes already configured properly for you. On the RXP version it has to be done manually. Or run the F1 integration exe and modify the panel cfgs to change the gauge type to point to the RXP gauges instead.

All in all for convenience of the aircraft retrofit and ease of doing so, I chose F1.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

@American 833 Heavy Hi, Please allow me to clarify a few valid points brought to the discussion.

GTN Software 6.50.1 (what runs both real world units and the latest trainer) is not just about the database.

You may have missed the opportunity to discover nice additions we've been supporting for a while now:

Reality XP is supporting trainer 6.41.x since October 2017.

GTN 6XX/7XX Main Software Version 6.41 contains:

• Added support for visual approaches which include advisory vertical and horizontal guidance to most runways.
  • Added support for advisory vertical guidance on LNAV approaches in regions without SBAS coverage.
  • Removed pop-up that impeded the creation of user waypoints defined by two radials.
  • Added support for setting transponder emergency squawk code when COM volume knob is pressed and held to activate the emergency COM frequency.

Visual approach guidance

Visual approach guidance is now available within the GTN 650/750, which provides advisory vertical guidance in visual flight conditions based on a published glide path angle or a three-degree glideslope from the threshold of the runway, while considering terrain and obstacle clearance. When selecting a visual approach, pilots can choose the runway of intended landing and select vectors for the final approach intercept to assist them in flying a stabilized approach. When a flight plan is loaded, the GTN will also provide a shortcut to optionally load and activate a visual approach when the aircraft is within 5 miles of the destination airport if an approach is not already selected. By utilizing visual approach guidance within the GTN, pilots are provided a more stable descent and precise flight path throughout the approach and landing phases of flight while operating in visual conditions.

LNAV+V approaches without WAAS/SBAS

Pilots operating into airports throughout the world that are not served by WAAS/SBAS can now receive advisory vertical guidance (LNAV+V) while flying LNAV approaches with the GTN 650/750. By taking advantage of the advisory glideslope offered by the GTN, pilots can more easily fly a stabilized descent while flying LNAV approaches.

Reality XP is supporting trainer 6.50.x since September 2018.

GTN 6XX/7XX Main Software Version 6.50 contains:

• Decent VNav.  You can now give waypoints in your flight-plan, vertical altitudes to assist with VNav planning.  Once an arrival or approach is loaded and activated, GTN automatically populates step-down altitudes or any applicable altitude restrictions.  These are overridable if ATC issues something different.
  • You now won't lose your final destination airport when loading and activating an approach - in the flight plan.
  • Forward Looking Terrain Avoidance (FLTA) audible messages: "terrain ahead, pull up", "wire ahead", "five-hundred"
  • Keyboard enhancements (QWERTY)
  • User-defined waypoint as an airport, so terrain alerts are minimized.

Here is a link to 6.50 features in-depth:

https://bruceair.wordpress.com/2018/08/31/new-garmin-gtn-750-features/

Reality XP is integrated in 3rd party aircraft

This is an interesting topic: why isn't more aircraft pre-configured with RXP GPS(s)?

First things first: Most aircraft, if not all, can use any gauge in general. This is just how the Prepar3D/FltSim panel system is designed/works.

Second: Any aircraft with 'integration' just means there is a 3D bezel/knob option, and a pre-configured gauge setting.

Having said this, you'd understand it is natural our products not only run with ANY aircraft as a popup window obviously, but also with ANY pre-configured aircraft mostly.

There is one item for which the integration is specific: 3D bezel and knobs embed code to command the gauges. This is 'baked' in the model by the aircraft modeller and can't be changed. However, there are two avenues for this:

1) There is a way to 'intercept' this baked code and 'transform' it live, in the form of an XML gauge you can add to the panel.cfg file. It is further detailed in our forums and once you do it one you'll see how easy it is.

2) You can lobby aircraft vendors and voice your needs! Our product includes and installs all the information and the custom code needed for any third party vendor.

The hardest part for 3rd party vendors is to create the 3D model. Since it is already done only remains to embed the code: this is a 2H work for any seasoned modeller when using our modeldef.xml file. 

Now I'd suggest you lobby your aircraft vendor(s), because honestly there is no reason preventing them to offer you, our mutual customers, the best of their talent with the best of ours.

You might want to follow through one such example here:

Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch is the genuine simulated device users are counting on, whether pilots familiarizing themselves with the workings of the actual equipment or flight simulation enthusiasts navigating the virtual skies with the most complete series of GTN devices.

Edited by RXP
added link to 6.50 in-depth
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Addendum: there are 3rd party aircraft vendors already offering pre-configured panels for either or both the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch and the Reality GNS 530/430 V2.

Our customers may want to review offerings from A2A and Flysimware.

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi,

Since the price question has been brought to the table and now that our "Year End Sale" is over, I just want to let you know we're having a new discount going on, for now not limited in time.

Complete your collection and save 50% on the 2nd product!*

Applicable to both the genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch and the genuine Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2:

• Purchase your 1st Reality XP GTN/GNS for $49.95
  • Purchase your 2nd Reality XP GTN/GNS and complete your collection for only $24.95
  • Makes a complete Reality XP GTN or Reality XP GNS V2 for only $74.90!

*only for products in the same simulator collections: GTN 750+650 Fltsim, GTN 750+650 XPlane, GNS 530+430 Fltsim, GNS 530+430 XPlane.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Hi @Jean-Luc. What about when people already have the XP GTN750 'and' purchased the GTN750 during the recent sale....and now may want to purchase the GTN650 in a totally separate transaction. What price prevails here?

Geoff Bryce

Or if I purchase a 650 for Xplane at full retail, would  the 650 for FS 1/2 off? I'm sorry, A Muggle question. 😉

@Adrian123 like the small line says:

only for products in the same simulator collections: GTN 750+650 Fltsim, GTN 750+650 XPlane, GNS 530+430 Fltsim, GNS 530+430 XPlane.

@por930 I don't think this will work to get a discount on a discount (in French we say "le beurre et l'argent du beurre"). But you may still try out to apply coupon and see if the price gets discounted prior purchasing!

13 minutes ago, RXP said:

@Adrian123 like the small line says:

only for products in the same simulator collections: GTN 750+650 Fltsim, GTN 750+650 XPlane, GNS 530+430 Fltsim, GNS 530+430 XPlane.

@por930 I don't think this will work to get a discount on a discount (in French we say "le beurre et l'argent du beurre"). But you may still try out to apply coupon and see if the price gets discounted prior purchasing!

Hi Jean-Luc. I was just curious. As predominantly I am a heavy metal guy, the GTN750 will do just fine.

I am more than happy with the GTN750...still on a learning curve but getting better every trip. I find it interesting how the GTN approaches are placed after the arrival airport in the flight plan. For many years, I am a heavy metal user, used to a FMC, and the approach waypoints etc before the landing airport on the FMS flight plan. I also need to get better at the 'load' and 'load and activate' approach points....Practise Practise.....

• Like 1

Geoff Bryce

10 hours ago, por930 said:

Hi @Jean-Luc. What about when people already have the XP GTN750 'and' purchased the GTN750 during the recent sale....and now may want to purchase the GTN650 in a totally separate transaction. What price prevails here?

I have just done that. Half of the full price is what applies

To add to this discussion, Flight 1 finally updated their GTN750 to use the most recent trainer and 1803 NAV data.

You need to download version 2.08 for the GTN itself and version 6.50.1 for the trainer.

The seems to be some confusion about what is what:

The latest Garmin GTN trainer version is v6.50.1 (installed as part of the Garmin trainers installer v2.3.1.0).

@Greggy_D You might want to cross check this:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/548570-gtn-750-ver-208/?tab=comments#comment-3958074

I've had a response over on the Support forum at F1 :

"Please uninstall the PC Trainer V2.3.1.0, then reinstall the PC Trainer V2.3.0.0, as was downloaded when you installed V2.08 of the F1 GTN, this will solve your problem"

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/548570-gtn-750-ver-208/?tab=comments#comment-3958143

It appears that F1 has updated their version of the GTN gauge to an old version of the Garmin PC trainer. If reinstalling an out of date of version of the PC trainer (2.3.0.0) disables the RXP gauge, you may have to wait until F1 updates again...

Edited by RXP

On 12/18/2017 at 6:28 AM, Bushido5 said:

For P3D V4 which one would you recommend ?

I don't own any previous version.

Reality XP

Latest trainer and no attitude support.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, newtie said:

Reality XP

Latest trainer and no attitude support.

Cheers,

Mark

Yes I ended up buying it while it was on sale and it work great.

Funny how much more intuitive is it to operate compared to a Garmin 1000 !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RXP said:

@Greggy_D You might want to cross check this:

Thank you.  Sigh....why on earth would they require an older trainer version.  I'm getting tired of their quirky GTN support so it may be time to purchase your GTN750 version.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Thank you.  Sigh....why on earth would they require an older trainer version.  I'm getting tired of their quirky GTN support so it may be time to purchase your GTN750 version.

It's not F1's fault. They updated the GTN for P3d 4.4 based on the existing version of the Garmin Trainer (6.50.0). Just before the updated F1 GTN was released, Garmin discovered a bug in the GTN trainer and updated it to 6.5.0.1.