Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

RESET PC.

Hi!

Today i was forced to do a total reset of my computer. Erase everything and reinstall. After that I get some graphic issue. Take a look at the added file.90EmjXOCpsDV7HkE7W3RzYbcLIQESbnqYvaqDK-z

Hi,

One thing you can try and that cannot do any harm is to delete the shaders folder. It will be rebuilt at the next sim start.

Also check your graphic board driver, and try to re-update it.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I did a PC Reset a couple of weeks ago, it took a week to get back to normal and I didn't delete files but programs and anything that has registry entries has to be reinstalled.  And more information would be helpful, is this FSX or P3D?  Which FSX if that is the platform?

Dan Downs KCRP

That's largely caused by a moiré pattern. A moiré pattern occurs when one pattern or grid is overlaid over another one, which causes visual interference.

On computers, this is usually to do with resolution and angle of the image (in this case your cockpit textures) and the resolution the display device is operating at (in this case your computer screen). Essentially, the problem is that the cockpit texture image has a certain amount of pixels making up the image and that is visually interfering with the amount of pixels your monitor is displaying. Think of it like this: if the amount of pixels making up the image is perfectly lined up with the amount of pixels your computer screen has, then you won't see a problematic pattern and your textures will look great, but zoom in or out on the cockpit view, or change the angle at which you are viewing the texture, and then your monitor resolution is no long perfectly aligned with the pixels and so you get that moiré pattern effect. You might have seen that happen in real life too if you've ever driven past a couple of mesh fences in close proximity to one another, as one mesh moves against the other one, you will sometimes see that weird interference pattern occurring, especially at oblique angles.

Fortunately there is something you can do about this in your flight simulator, and it's easy: Look on your P3D  (or FSX) options screen on the Graphics: Display section and you'll see the option to tick Mipmap VC Panels. That should sort it out. But see below for some additional things to try too.

What does mipmapping do?

Mipmapping gets its name from the latin, Multum In Parvo, which in English means, 'much in little', because a mipmapped image has several smaller versions of the main full sized image embedded into the file along with the full sized image. This is so your graphics card can use those different resolution images to display your textures at different viewing angles and distances, thus it can display the image without the interference of a resolution which does not match up with the resolution of your monitor.

Now, if that doesn't work, what you can also try messing with, is your Image and Texture Filtering settings on that same P3D options screen, because things such as Antialiasing and Filtering can also have a bearing on how nicely a texture displays. Specifically, Anisotropic Filtering is to do with how your computer display smooths out stuff when things are viewed at an angle. Anisotropic also gets its name from Latin: An (not) Iso (same) Tropic (direction), i.e. 'sort things out which are not viewed from the same direction', such as textures when viewed from oblique angles. Trilinear Filtering also has a bearing on that stuff as well, because it controls how one thing interpolates with another. What matters in this case is that Trilinear sorts out the way one mipmap blends with another one, so it can help to smooth out the setting you chose when you ticked Mipmap VC Panels.

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 2017-12-18 at 11:10 PM, downscc said:

I did a PC Reset a couple of weeks ago, it took a week to get back to normal and I didn't delete files but programs and anything that has registry entries has to be reinstalled.  And more information would be helpful, is this FSX or P3D?  Which FSX if that is the platform?

Hi, Dan! Sorry for my slow respons time. I have being work to much "All work and no B744 makes Jack a dull boy". I use P3D_v4 and WIN 10 (64).

On 2017-12-19 at 0:35 AM, Chock said:

That's largely caused by a moiré pattern. A moiré pattern occurs when one pattern or grid is overlaid over another one, which causes visual interference.

On computers, this is usually to do with resolution and angle of the image (in this case your cockpit textures) and the resolution the display device is operating at (in this case your computer screen). Essentially, the problem is that the cockpit texture image has a certain amount of pixels making up the image and that is visually interfering with the amount of pixels your monitor is displaying. Think of it like this: if the amount of pixels making up the image is perfectly lined up with the amount of pixels your computer screen has, then you won't see a problematic pattern and your textures will look great, but zoom in or out on the cockpit view, or change the angle at which you are viewing the texture, and then your monitor resolution is no long perfectly aligned with the pixels and so you get that moiré pattern effect. You might have seen that happen in real life too if you've ever driven past a couple of mesh fences in close proximity to one another, as one mesh moves against the other one, you will sometimes see that weird interference pattern occurring, especially at oblique angles.

Fortunately there is something you can do about this in your flight simulator, and it's easy: Look on your P3D  (or FSX) options screen on the Graphics: Display section and you'll see the option to tick Mipmap VC Panels. That should sort it out. But see below for some additional things to try too.

What does mipmapping do?

Mipmapping gets its name from the latin, Multum In Parvo, which in English means, 'much in little', because a mipmapped image has several smaller versions of the main full sized image embedded into the file along with the full sized image. This is so your graphics card can use those different resolution images to display your textures at different viewing angles and distances, thus it can display the image without the interference of a resolution which does not match up with the resolution of your monitor.

Now, if that doesn't work, what you can also try messing with, is your Image and Texture Filtering settings on that same P3D options screen, because things such as Antialiasing and Filtering can also have a bearing on how nicely a texture displays. Specifically, Anisotropic Filtering is to do with how your computer display smooths out stuff when things are viewed at an angle. Anisotropic also gets its name from Latin: An (not) Iso (same) Tropic (direction), i.e. 'sort things out which are not viewed from the same direction', such as textures when viewed from oblique angles. Trilinear Filtering also has a bearing on that stuff as well, because it controls how one thing interpolates with another. What matters in this case is that Trilinear sorts out the way one mipmap blends with another one, so it can help to smooth out the setting you chose when you ticked Mipmap VC Panels.

Hope that helps.

Hi, Alan! Thank´s for the info! I use Anisotropic 16x and 8xMSAA. I can not use Mipmap because the VC get to blurry. If I use 8xSSAA most of the graphic issue disappear but I get a performance hit. My graphic card: GTX 1080 TI (11 G). I use the same value as before the reinstall but now I get graphic issue.

Just a quick reminder that this is the precise reason I tell people that reformatting is not the best answer, as so many will claim.

This will definitely be a graphics settings or driver issue. Keep in mind that, as you noted yourself, things were fine with our product before. The change was your OS, settings, and drivers. Our code/graphics/images/etc. did not change.

Kyle Rodgers

There is nothing wrong with the B744. I just need help to find out what´s wrong in my set up.

To repeat Kyle, what's wrong is probably a configuration or driver issue, and it's a very lengthy process to ask questions to drill down to what that issue might be. You are not providing very much information.  Are you using the same P3D display settings and graphics card after the PC Reset as before? I'm not sure why you have problems with enabled mipmap VC panels.  I had issues with the mipmap option in P3Dv3 but seems to work as expected in v4.  What about your display, is it a 2K or 4K screen?

Dan Downs KCRP

I think I find the problem today. In Nvidia ctrl. panel there is "Global" settings and "P3D" settings. If I use the Global (by me tweaked) setting instead of (by me tweaked) P3D setting everything works fine again. The strange thing is that both profiles are exactly the same. I use a 4K screen.

I'm not 100 percent sure if NVIDIA settings have affected the B744 but engine 4 dropped off and ended up in a park in suburban Wuhan, Hubei. Well, sht. happens, I guess.