Sign in to follow this  
John Viney

Need Help with P3Dv4.x

seem to be having a confliCan any one help me please? Just moved over to PD3 v4. Having a few teething problems  

1. How do I change the default Aircraft, Airport and save it to come up each time I start PD3.

2. how do I get my Saitek pro rudder pedals to work in Dash 8 Q400. I am using SPAD.Next.

3. seem to be having a conflict between Chase plane and Xbox controller when using the right stick for pan up and down it jumps all over the place.

like what I see so far, don't like not being able to contact Lock heed martin, its like trying to contact MI5. What is this 7 letters at the end of the program to prove i aint no robot?????

hope some one can help I don't have much hair left 

1. set the flight up as you want to, so pick an aircraft, plane, time, etc. and then save it making sure you enable the option DEFAULT (so it shows a green sign). This can be done right from the scenarion setup screen or while in the sim. It's usually adviced to not create a default plane with an addon airplane though.

2. I don't use SPAD: I also have Saitek rudders and simply plugged them in and used the P3D control setup screen to assign them to the correct axis.

3. Can't help you there: I own CP but don't use a XBox controller.

John, just an observation and not meant as criticism: You'll get the best help if you use a descriptive title for your post instead of your name. It also helps others who have your issue more easily find suggested solutions. :happy:

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

24 minutes ago, flyfed said:

John, just an observation and not meant as criticism: You'll get the best help if you use a descriptive title for your post instead of your name. It also helps others who have your issue more easily find suggested solutions. :happy:

I fixed the Title for John. No charge for this free service... :cool:

• Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi John

hoping these 2 links are relevant to part of your answer (and/or may assist other flight sim fans)

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=62459

and see one below (which I've strangely duplicated and couldn't work out how to edit and delete). Elaine Dixon has been a great help and support. Maybe she can wave wand & get Lockheed Martin P3D Support Forum to modify what are the middle 5 characters from >>@*%><^^<?:   into >>@*%><^^< simply by omitting the 2 characters ? and the  which they don't count as characters. Thus mere humans are turned into excluded bots by not knowing this Jedi manoeuvre!!

Rod, Birmingham UK

Edited by rod321
i give up trying to edit and delete the duplicated link!

Hi John

and here's another link relevant to the issue of trying to make a 3rd party airplane the default P3D startup. It wont have it! As default, you don't have to be in a jet somewhere in USA. You can select and save any airport location BUT, I think, you must chose one of the P3D default planes e.g. I have the P3D's Piper Arrow III (originally from Just Flight) as my default, starting in Birmingham, in cloudy conditions!!

Rod