Sign in to follow this  
R Smith

Need help with GSX.

And yes I have been to the GSX forum for assistance but I'm getting nowhere with him...

My problem is this, my GSX isn't off loading the same crate liveries that were loaded from the start of the flight.

Example 1: how it should be.

Load with British Airways ground handling and get loaded with British Airways Crates, fly to destination, get serviced by lets say Lufthansa and British Airways crates would still come out of the cargo hold.

Example 2: how it is now after a number of updates via live update.

Load with British Airways ground handling and get loaded with British Airways Crates, fly to destination, get serviced by Lufthansa but now it will unload Lufthansa crate liveries instead of the BA ones that were loaded at the start, this is wrong.

I'm having issues getting any kind of useful assistance from Virtualiti other than excuses and "Nothing wrong at my end" comments.

If anybody can help I would really appreciate it.

Richard Smith

43 minutes ago, R Smith said:

Example 1: how it should be.

Load with British Airways ground handling and get loaded with British Airways Crates, fly to destination, get serviced by lets say Lufthansa and British Airways crates would still come out of the cargo hold.

Does the GSX documentation say this is how it's expected to work, or is this how you imagine it should work? If the latter, then I'm sure you could request this behavior as an enhancement, but it may not be all that trivial to make it work this way.

Barry Friedman

It used to work this way before, since I bought it this is what it did but after one of the updates it no longer does this.

Richard Smith

I see: Just trying to understand if this is a bug or missing feature.

I did a bit of research and found that the cargo livery is matched according to the atc_parking_codes for the livery in your aircraft.cfg. If there's a missing atc_parking_codes or it doesn't say BAW in your British Airways livery then it falls back to using the baggage handler's livery: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8919.msg71783.html#msg71783

If your livery has the correct parking code then this sounds like a bug.

Barry Friedman

I've already tried this, however I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Thanks.

Richard Smith

Make sure to use the 3-letter ICAO airline code (eg. BAW), not the IATA code.

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

6 hours ago, R Smith said:

And yes I have been to the GSX forum for assistance but I'm getting nowhere with him...

You have been properly followed, and you have been given all the correct informations to fix your problem, on our forum.

It seems that for some reason, you are convinced this changed somewhat after an update, but in fact this is how GSX always worked, which is confirmed by the other thread in our forum fshobby was referring to, where I was explaining this to another user, in July 2013, and the reply was:

Thanks for the clarification. Just added ATC parking section in PMDG aircraft and its now working perfectly. 

Again, this was from 2013 so, that's how GSX always worked. And it's also explained at Page 45 of the GSX manual, which I will quote here:

If your airplane.cfg includes the ICAO code of your airline in the atc_parking_codes parameter, this will take precedence over any other selection method. It’s assumed you will preferably load containers with the airline logo of the airplane. If your airplane doesn’t have an atc_parking_codes parameter in its aircraft.cfg file, the selection will be made per airport, using the same selection methods as the handling vehicles.

In this case, it might happen you will load containers with a logo on departure, and a different one when unloading on arrival. This is normal, and can’t be prevented if your airplane.cfg doesn’t have the airline code set.

I believe it's possible you might have been mislead thinking "GSX changed", but that's just because you might have flew between two airports that, incidentally, both had atc_parking_codes in the AFCAD that matched between each other, so you assumed GSX "remembered" something from the departure flight, which never did.

So, for example, if your departure airport had BAW code in the parking you were located at start, and the destination airport also had BAW in the chosen parking, which is not unusual when flying from two international airports at their international parkings, which might include lots of different airline codes (in the AFCAD), GSX could choose BA in both cases, without having to "remember" anything and even without any atc_parking_codes in the airplane.cfg file, that's why you were probably mislead thinking that GSX was ever able to remember the parking code at departure, when it was never intended to work that way.

13 hours ago, fshobby said:

Make sure to use the 3-letter ICAO airline code (eg. BAW), not the IATA code.

Thanks this did the trick, thanks for the help, clear and straight to the point. :biggrin:

Richard Smith

6 hours ago, R Smith said:

Thanks this did the trick, thanks for the help

Excellent, good to know you got it working. I didn't know GSX had this particular feature so I'm glad you brought up the topic.

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

Wait scratch that still having problems again, worked ok when at EGKK, off loaded with Virgin services with British airways crate liveries, today flew to Corfu LGKR and serviced by Olympic and it's now offloading Olympic liveries crates instead of the BA ones, aircraft.cfg still have the atc_parking_codes = BAW still set.

What a mess...

Richard Smith