Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Flight1 G500/600 released!

I may have missed something here but I don't see the point of this addon unless the likes of Carenado, A2A etc support it like they do for for the GTNs.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2 hours ago, Bill Griffith said:

The G600 will NOT work without the GTN, it will not even turn on. As it is in real life!<

Not quite true - in real life the G600 WILL turn on, it just won't do much - you will have all sorts of red crosses, warnings etc., but it DOES turn on. Pedantic, I'm sorry, but that is a little bit of hyperbole there.

David Porrett

I have the GTN650/750 and I see the G500/600 have Synthetic Vision Technology. I know you can buy this SVT as a standalone product from Carenado and it will work with any Carenado aircraft equipped with the G1000. 

I wonder if Bert will do  retrofits like he did with the GTN750?:biggrin:

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Who knows... the F1 documentation certainly does not say that..

Watched a Garmin Youtube video today that I believe indicated the G500/600 tied into either 4/5 series GNS or 6/7 series GTN. That was the basis of my question.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

So it also will work with the F1 GNS series, right?

From the Garmin brochure -

"• Position source: Requires external SBAS/WAAS GPS, such as
GTN 650/750, GNS 480 or 430W/530W series unit."

If the Flight1 GNS (Full WAAS Approach Support to fly LPV Glideslope Approaches) series software has the proper output, then the G600 should work with them, as they are suppose to be WAAS capable units.  I have a feeling that they don't as modeled.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

2 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

From the Garmin brochure -

"• Position source: Requires external SBAS/WAAS GPS, such as
GTN 650/750, GNS 480 or 430W/530W series unit."

If the Flight1 GNS (Full WAAS Approach Support to fly LPV Glideslope Approaches) series software has the proper output, then the G600 should work with them, as they are suppose to be WAAS capable units.  I have a feeling that they don't as modeled.

Bill

But if not, there are more current GNS 430/530's available that might.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

24 minutes ago, fppilot said:

But if not, there are more current GNS 430/530's available that might.

That would seem like a real possibility as long as the software companies cooperated.  That has happened, I think.  :biggrin:  That would open up the market for Flight1 if the G600 worked with those other GPS's  that folks already have.  Personally, I prefer the GTN's, mainly the 750.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

6 hours ago, brucewtb said:

I may have missed something here but I don't see the point of this addon unless the likes of Carenado, A2A etc support it like they do for for the GTNs.

I think the panels will work with any plane as a pop-up, like the GTN750 does.  So far Alabeo's Chieftain and Seminole are the only supported VC's. 

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

9 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Bruceb

Alabeo are already supporting it with two models. I’m guessing more will follow. 

Hi Folks,

And I am anxiously awaiting a PIREP from someone who owns either of those aircraft and have this installed...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Personally, Carenado would have fitted this into one of their recent turboprops but each one of them has bugs that have put me off so, I probably wouldn't get one anyway.  A shame, for sure.  Maybe they'll get them fixed at some point.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

21 hours ago, edpatino said:

Looks promissing!. Would like to see if it turns out to be a frame killer, any experiences yet?.

Cheers, Ed

Very limited experience at this point Ed.  I haven't been able to get the G600 to install in the Seminole panel but Flight1 is working on this for me.  Great tech support from them for sure.  There is apparently  something screwed up in my panel.cfg file.  But, bringing up the G600 as a 2D pop up in the Seminole doesn't seem to affect my frame rate at all.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

On 12/18/2017 at 6:52 PM, bobgoodwin said:

Now that's ethical marketing. Force you to buy the GTN 650 which you'll never use before you again pay for the G500.

Merry Christmas Flight1

I assumed when it states the " complete GTN v2.04 " is required that it refers to both the 650/750 package. My mistake but one easily made by non experts.

Interesting cockpit in this C421 Golden Eagle.  Also interesting that Alabeo has a C421 in development...

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Folks,

Yeah - the two aircraft they have it in don’t really interest me - the C421 might have me hook, line, and sinker though...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7