Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

Where does the OAT reading come from?

Do you guys compute the OAT for display? This is one of the user fields that you can add to the screen. It differs from the X-Plane reading, so was wondering where it comes from. If it is out of your control, then not a problem. Will then just ignore it.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Hi, OAT requires Shadin Air Data interface, and there is a bug in the current version which is fixed in the upcoming update. It is all inter-related with the wind vector, which is also corrected in the next update (both XPlane and FltSim)!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Cool. We don't have the Air Data Interface in XP, of course. I hope NoJoe does not mind me quoting him...but here is what he says on the subject (if it is of any help to you)

I can confirm the Do228's OAT gauge is accurate.  It's taking the temperature directly from X-Plane's internal temperature datarefs (I think it's "sim/cockpit2/temperature/outside_air_temp_degc").  You can compare it to X-Plane's numbers: Go to Settings, Data Output, and turn on "atmosphere".  The OAT gauge will correspond to the "AMtmp", which is the ambient air temperature outside the plane.

Anyway, I see you have it under control, so will eagerly await the next update.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

You do have the Shadin Air Data computer simulation embedded in the RXP GTN (and RXP GNS V2). It is in the device Settings Panel!

We are using these for OAT and TAT:

"sim/weather/temperature_ambient_c"
"sim/weather/temperature_le_c"

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On December 18, 2017 at 9:49 PM, kneighbour said:

so will eagerly await the next update.

Hi, update v2.4.12 is now released!