Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

Are fluid amounts saved from flight to flight?

Is the DC-6 supposed to remember the fluid levels from flight to flight? I know it will if you continually save your scenario after each flight but there I have problems doing that sometimes. 

Since there's an interface to top off your fluids I always assumed that it would remember your levels since it would be pretty difficult to deplete all of your oil in one flight without breaking something. 

Also it would be amazing if you give us the ability to select a startup panel state <wink wink>

Noah Bryant

The fluids are only saved when you save the scenario. As soon as you re-select the DC-6 via menu (either after loading a flight, or directly from the startup-menu), the fluids are always topped-up. I made a ticket regarding this about a month ago, and it has been forwarded to the developers. But I don't know if it will be implemented in a future update. I hope so, because I've got the same problem as you have. After some flights and using up a lot of oil (so I could once use the oil from the aux-tank), the scenario-file gets messed up and I have to start from new.

Thanks, Matthias - 

I really like the idea of the plane remembering its last state automatically without having to use saved scenarios. It really makes running through the checklist important because 'past Noah' has been known to forget steps when shutting down and 'future Noah' has to pay extra close attention when starting up.   

Noah Bryant