Sign in to follow this  
contractpilot

FlightSimExpo Attendance

We’ll know when they know. I’d imagine it’ll just depend on where they are in development, if they can afford to take those days off to travel across the country to Vegas. It would be great if they could, but I question what advantage they’d have going there vs just making a forum post or a video detailing what they were going to say in person.

Paul,

I haven't really kept abreast of the various shows and the like going on.  Shows are a bit of a conundrum for us- as we are a very non-traditional company.  Namely, everyone on the team is spread all over the globe, and with a global customer base that gains direct access to us here via the forum- it is hard to justify the investment in show fees and travel costs.

You see, ours isn't a product you pick up and touch and feel, so much as one you experience personally.  Our relationship with all of you is really focused on the forum- and has been for 20 years, so there isn't much to be gained beyond simply "the good will of being there" but this also has to be weighed against the very real cost of TIME...  After all- if you were to poll the members of this team, most of them would tell you that the most valuable commodity in their PMDG workflow is time.

So- we shall see.  Again, I really don't know much about the show, so it I can't make an evaluative argument.  Isn't the old Hartford show doing the week before or after this new effort in Las Vegas, too?  Who decided THAT was a good idea?!  :blink:

I do know that this show has chosen the same weekend that abuts Mom's birthday... and I'm a bit particular about Mom's birthday.  She is mom, after all!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Mother comes first ;)

If I may have my two cents, PMDG is not my company, but their presence at an expo is somewhat of a major marketing benefit. I still remember watching the old (I believe it was the old Aerosoft Conference) and seeing the PMDG lineup for the next 3-5 years was a rather exciting prospect. Not only is this a major influence on PMDGs customers, but an oppurtunity to  create connections and set standards with other people in the industry. (Just look at what TFDi and FSFX are doing!)

But I'll respect the company's wishes. I just enjoy a bit of that Randazzo magic every now and then!

21 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Paul,

I haven't really kept abreast of the various shows and the like going on.  Shows are a bit of a conundrum for us- as we are a very non-traditional company.  Namely, everyone on the team is spread all over the globe, and with a global customer base that gains direct access to us here via the forum- it is hard to justify the investment in show fees and travel costs.

You see, ours isn't a product you pick up and touch and feel, so much as one you experience personally.  Our relationship with all of you is really focused on the forum- and has been for 20 years, so there isn't much to be gained beyond simply "the good will of being there" but this also has to be weighed against the very real cost of TIME...  After all- if you were to poll the members of this team, most of them would tell you that the most valuable commodity in their PMDG workflow is time.

So- we shall see.  Again, I really don't know much about the show, so it I can't make an evaluative argument.  Isn't the old Hartford show doing the week before or after this new effort in Las Vegas, too?  Who decided THAT was a good idea?!  :blink:

I do know that this show has chosen the same weekend that abuts Mom's birthday... and I'm a bit particular about Mom's birthday.  She is mom, after all!

Vegas!  Are you kidding VEGAS! with a tax write-off to boot!  Get on your little 747 and get to VEGAS.  Girls, Golf and Gambling! and a sim conference when I am sober!

• Upvote 1

Paul Gugliotta