Sign in to follow this  
simbol

PMDG 737NGX Shared Cockpit

PMDG Share Cockpit Add-on  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy an Add-on that enables share cockpit capabilities for the PMDG airplanes?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If your answer is affirmative, what would you like me to develop first?

• AI Traffic Reborn Runway Control
    • PMDG 737 NGX Share Cockpit
    • N/A

Hello everyone,

Although I am currently busy developing my next paywareI am studying what other projects I can develop for the community in the future, after a couple of days of research I feel confident that I can develop an add-on that can implement share cockpit capabilities for the PMDG, initially I would start with the 737NGX.

But before I adding this to my project queue I would like to know how viable commercially speaking the project would be, in other words I would like to know how many users would be interested on purchasing such add-on that would enable these capabilities.

Please feel free to vote in order to let know if you are interested.

Best Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

This is awesome, but I rather have 777 and 747 instead. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes! Must-buy for me, shared cockpit for the 737NGX would be the most amazing experience I could imagine. Please do it! :)

• Upvote 1

I bet you PMDG will come with a solution for this down the road...

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

This is awesome, but I rather have 777 and 747 instead. :)

He has to start somewhere. Why not with the plane that is flown more often. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

I bet you PMDG will come with a solution for this down the road...

Unless that's part of there mysterious announcement I figured PMDG would have released shared cockpit by now if they were interested in it. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

Unless that's part of there mysterious announcement I figured PMDG would have released shared cockpit by now if they were interested in it. 

It's not because something isn't done right now that it hasn't been in the works for a long time. I remember them mentioning it somewhere during an event or in an official announcement.

I don't have more info than anybody but if I had ressources to put in a project, I wouldn't be that one.

Albeit, I might be wrong

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

19 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

It's not because something isn't done right now that it hasn't been in the works for a long time. I remember them mentioning it somewhere during an event or in an official announcement.

I don't have more info than anybody but if I had ressources to put in a project, I wouldn't be that one.

Albeit, I might be wrong

Hi Keven,

Nice to meet you, thanks for your input I would not start the project unless I am certain that it is possible and of course viable.

Best Regards,
Simbol

PMDG has waived back and forth on implementing Shared Cockpit since before the NGX was released (forum search will show this).  The last word from PMDG on the subject is from Ryan, who makes it clear they were no longer interested in this feature.  That said, the landscape is always changing, so who knows that they might be planning for the future.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

@DaveCT2003 thanks for that contribution, have they mentioned any reasons?

@simbol great to meet you too! Shared cockpit is a very large beast and the last thing I’d like to see is someone wasting resources on it unless it’s really worth it!

If PMDG have abandoned the plans then it’s a great idea and it should definitely get done!

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

If I may add:

From experience, smaller projects should be made first to finance the development of larger projects. I see Runway Control as a smaller project that should be done first.

On my end, releasing ChasePlane slowed every other project down and I’m only now starting to work on Immersion packs again...

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

18 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

@DaveCT2003 thanks for that contribution, have they mentioned any reasons?

@simbol great to meet you too! Shared cockpit is a very large beast and the last thing I’d like to see is someone wasting resources on it unless it’s really worth it!

If PMDG have abandoned the plans then it’s a great idea and it should definitely get done!

Quite honestly, it is far less complex that most developers think.  Yes, Ryan cited the complexity and having to deal with sockets as reasons they selected not to pursue Shared Cockpit, both of which are simply untrue.  It's neither all that complex, nor does one have to deal with sockets (tunneling).

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I watched Dave’s video and he’s a big fan of shared cockpits. 

Dan

49 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Quite honestly, it is far less complex that most developers think. 

I think the complexity does not come from the connection between peers but from the synchronization of everything across multiple platforms. (Again, might be wrong)

I don’t believe this was a very complex project for a company as large as PMDG.

If they decided not to do it, I believe it’s because they have something else in the pipeline that would be an even bigger breakthrough...

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42