Sign in to follow this  
simbol

PMDG 737NGX Shared Cockpit

PMDG Share Cockpit Add-on  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy an Add-on that enables share cockpit capabilities for the PMDG airplanes?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If your answer is affirmative, what would you like me to develop first?

• AI Traffic Reborn Runway Control
    • PMDG 737 NGX Share Cockpit
    • N/A

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

I think the complexity does not come from the connection between peers but from the synchronization of everything across multiple platforms. (Again, might be wrong)

I don’t believe this was a very complex project for a company as large as PMDG.

If they decided not to do it, I believe it’s because they have something else in the pipeline that would be an even bigger breakthrough...

Keven,

You recognize my username my friend?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

50 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

You recognize my username my friend?

Sure do!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

To the op...what does your gut say first on what you want to do.

Lets say you are gonna develop both (I am sure you will) but for conversation sake - Which project are you going to have fun developing first and seeing in action?

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

To the op...what does your gut say first on what you want to do.

Lets say you are gonna develop both (I am sure you will) but for conversation sake - Which project are you going to have fun developing first and seeing in action?

For me it doesn't matter both are great ideas, and I will have fun developing both.

I will wait to see the results of the poll after a couple of months to decide which one to develop first, but you are right I will do both that is for sure, however if my first release goes well I might expand operations and develop both at the same time by hiring an extra set of hands.

Best Regards,

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

I will be fascinated to learn about more about my PMDG 737 addon with someone experienced in Shared Cockpit (I need to get my money's worth of this addon...and I still have pmdg 777 left to learn).  There is so much to learn about this bird and I just do not understand as I am not a real pilot (just a simmer lol)....Using shared cockpit in VR would be epic (yes, I know you won't see the other person, but I will get to see buttons move, knobs turn, and audio on what is exactly going on).

Then again what is AI Traffic Reborn? your site mentions it but is very secretive about it.

Looking forward on seeing both the projects and wish you full success in it.  It will be exciting for sure!!!!

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

26 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Then again what is AI Traffic Reborn? your site mentions it but is very secretive about it.

Don't we all love secrets?

It is about AI traffic flow, I don't want to reveal much about it until the release date is set and the beta version is on the hands of @DaveCT2003 and his team.

There is a reason for keeping it like this, first I don't like making promises I cannot accomplish and second I don't want people spreading speculations that could create wrong expectations, as obviously this would create a bad image for the product before is even out for beta testing, if you read different FS forums often you know this happened already to many developers.

So you will need to wait like everyone else :).

Regards 

Simbol 

On 12/19/2017 at 1:00 AM, simbol said:

Although I am currently busy developing my next paywareI am studying what other projects I can develop for the community in the future, after a couple of days of research I feel confident that I can develop an add-on that can implement share cockpit capabilities for the PMDG, initially I would start with the 737NGX.

Just so you don't go down a road thats already been gone down.  Desk Pilot already offers shared cockpit.  But if you could offer a better product then by all means I'd probably invest in it.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Lack of shared cockpit is why none of the PMDG aircraft get any air time in my sim. I'm much happier taking the excellent Majestic Q400 instead that offers shared cockpit as well as a host of other features while delivering incredible performance. 

I will, however, give PMDG planes another chance if you manage to build a robust shared cockpit add-on for it. 

I find it bizarre that developers who have made a name by delivering top notch system fidelity on their aircraft still don't consider shared cockpit an essential feature. Totally breaks the immersion if you ask me.

The problem with DeskPilot is the lack of FMC sync. So both pilots have to do exactly the same inputs to keep their state synced. 

If you could create a way to make the 737 work like the Q400 (from a shared cockpit perspective) it would be absolutely awesome.

On 1/10/2018 at 3:48 AM, Bloody said:

The problem with DeskPilot is the lack of FMC sync. So both pilots have to do exactly the same inputs to keep their state synced. 

If you could create a way to make the 737 work like the Q400 (from a shared cockpit perspective) it would be absolutely awesome.

The paid variant allows the CDU keypress sync. I haven't gotten to play with it but it should everything should be shared now.  There are other severe deficiencies that I find with the product.  Not the least of which is active support.  The forum is all but abandoned the Facebook page is so so.  They say they are testing stuff and then never report any findings.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

3 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

The paid variant allows the CDU keypress sync. I haven't gotten to play with it but it should everything should be shared now.  There are other severe deficiencies that I find with the product.  Not the least of which is active support.  The forum is all but abandoned the Facebook page is so so.  They say they are testing stuff and then never report any findings.

Would you care to share the list of things what you find as a deficiencies?

Thanks 

Simbol 

8 hours ago, simbol said:

Would you care to share the list of things what you find as a deficiencies?

Thanks 

Simbol 

As I said Customer Service is atrocious.  Another issue is the way they assign "duties" or as I should say restrict access to panels.  For instance, the MCP can be assign to either the one person or the other.  But neither can have access to it at the same time.  In the real aircraft, the PM will adjust the MCP if the PF is actually flying the aircraft without automation engaged.  So what needs to be done is both individuals need access to every panel and switch at the same time.  Everyone has their own areas of responsibility on an aircraft and this program limits the ability to actually simulate it.  Basically either to come up with some random useless thing for the PM todo, or just to sit watch and answer radio calls.  Far from a team environment. 

• Upvote 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Simbol, please don't listen to people who don't want shared cockpit. They maybe never flew it and don't understand how the real aviation looks like. Tell me how much you need to make this add-on and let's go.

• Like 1

On 11/04/2018 at 12:53 PM, OVI said:

Simbol, please don't listen to people who don't want shared cockpit. They maybe never flew it and don't understand how the real aviation looks like. Tell me how much you need to make this add-on and let's go.

Thanks for your kind words and offer, hopefully the sales of my first payware will be able to help.

Let's see how that develops, stay tune..

Simbol 

Hello guy's im new to the forums and came upon this thread when i was searching for ''shared cockpit''. 

I feel that companies such as PMDG, Aerosoft etc etc, should of already implemented or created such feature to work flawlessly by now, but i think they do not have much interest in such feature.

Anyway, upon reading this thread i can honestly say, i would pay my hard earned money on such a feature :D. I feel that it could be revolutionary to the flight sim world and in fact, i highly believe that if this project does work out well, that it would encourage other companies to come along and create there own versions of shared cockpits.

I honestly feel that this could be the start of something phenomenal, being able to fly with friends to places in the same cockpit, maybe it could be used as a learning tool to teach others how to fly, IT could honestly be the next big thing in the flight sim world... Maybe im just getting overly excited, regardless i would like to know where i can keep updated with this feature.