Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

Flysimware 50% off sale

Hi Folks,

If you don't have it - buy the Lear - seriously...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 4

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

39 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Anyone have their Bell 47? If so, how is it?

Pretty good. Worth having for the visibility it affords from the VC.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

If you don't have it - buy the Lear - seriously...

Regards,
Scott

How is FlySimWare's Lear vs Xtreme Prototypes?  I know they are a 25 vs 35 so there are the differences there.  But, what I'm really looking for is which of these is the most in depth or closest to a study level?  

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hi Kevin,

I don't have the 25... This is the best business jet I've ever flown and I've been doing this for a long time... The developer tends to be a bit pedantic - which is good quality to have for a developer... 

Ask (ryanbatcund) for a first hand account - he had the 25 first - then tried the 35 - he had very good things to say about both models...

https://www.avsim.com/profile/143243-ryanbatcund/

Regards,

Scott

13 minutes ago, klamal said:

How is FlySimWare's Lear vs Xtreme Prototypes?  I know they are a 25 vs 35 so there are the differences there.  But, what I'm really looking for is which of these is the most in depth or closest to a study level?  

I have both. I prefer the 25, mainly because the modeling both interior and exterior is superb and IMHO somewhat nicer than the 35. At 1/2 price though, it's hard to say no to the 35.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

13 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Ask (ryanbatcund) for a first hand account - he had the 25 first - then tried the 35 - he had very good things to say about both models...

9 minutes ago, odourboy said:

I have both. I prefer the 25, mainly because the modeling both interior and exterior is superb and IMHO somewhat nicer than the 35. At 1/2 price though, it's hard to say no to the 35

Thanks guys...so far to me it is looking like the Xtreme Prototypes 25 appears slightly better - both systems wise and modeling/visuals so I am leaning towards that one.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

23 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

I don't have the 25...

Regards,

Scott

Scott, I know you're a big fan of the 35, but consider adding the 25 to your fleet - I think you'll like it. Maybe even change horses!

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Has the Xtreme 25 ever gone on sale yet?  Or is it too new to hope for a sale within this next week?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

I've never seen it on sale.

Some other factors before you pull the trigger:

The 25 is harder on resources than the 35 - a factor if you have a whimpy machine.

I don't consider either of these to be super deep or study level. Maybe I'm just fussy.

18 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Scott, I know you're a big fan of the 35, but consider adding the 25 to your fleet - I think you'll like it. Maybe even change horses!

Hah - I've been tempted - I guess the two biggest things I've read that gave me pause - was the lack of a 3D GTN and the reported FPS performance... Ryan has a similar system to my 2700K and had mentioned performance wasn't that great... I have a new 7700K sitting in the packaging at home so maybe it's time I give this a try once I get that built... I do like the Lears...

Regards,

Scott 

• Upvote 1

Don't forget their MITSUBISHI MU-2B-60 if you like twin turbo props, great plane with very good systems and sound. The VC is not at the standard of today, but for what it has to offer well worth $21, one of my best go to aircraft.

For those of you who own their Lear 35, there is a nice panel texture replacement that I think makes the panel in the Lear35 look much better? File I believe is in the AVSIM Lib.

Cheers

Martin

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, klamal said:

I have 'em both. Just bought the 25 a week or so ago. They are both excellent replications of the Lear. They both handle well and as far as the fidelity to the actual aircraft, the fact that the systems are so similar on both seems to indicate that they are both pretty close. Appearances on both are excellent with maybe Flysimware having a slight edge, including the set up screen. But you really can't go wrong on either.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

I've never seen it on sale.

Some other factors before you pull the trigger:

The 25 is harder on resources than the 35 - a factor if you have a whimpy machine.

I don't consider either of these to be super deep or study level. Maybe I'm just fussy.

Yeah the first time I fired up the 25 I heard the ding dong telling me I was out of VAS in a small airport. Fixed it by changing texture max load to 2048 instead of 4096. No problems since.