Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

Flysimware 50% off sale

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

I don't consider either of these to be super deep or study level. Maybe I'm just fussy.

Yeah, I know they're not study level.  But I'm sure they're a heck of a lot closer than any Carenado stuff, right?  I mean all the systems that are there at least work as they are designed to on the real aircraft, right?  They don't take tweaks and code changes by the community to bring them somewhere close to a real airplane like Carenado, right?  :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

For anyone considering buying...

Texturing is not the strong point of any of Flysimware's offerings. It's not terrible, but neither will it 'wow' you, fortunately though, texturing both in the VC and externally on any add-on aeroplane is one of the things easily fixed by a repaint, either by the user, or some other kind soul, so it shouldn't really put you off buying because as we know, many Carenado/Alabeo aeroplanes look pretty but can be problematic in other areas, ones which are less easy to sort out, so texturing should never really be your main concern with any add-on even though it might be what initially attracts you, because once that initial visual love affair has passed, you're then left with some underlying substance when it comes to Flysimware's stuff.

Thus systems simulation and realism is usually a very strong point for Flysimware addons, with some in particular being especially noteworthy in this respect: Cessna C441 Conquest II, Cessna 402C Businessliner and LearJet 35A, all of which are impressive in this respect and certainly recommended. Worthy of note here is the fact that the Cessna C441 Conquest II has Garrett TPE331 turboprop engines; turboprop engines can be difficult to simulate well, but Flysimware have done a great job of that, with realistic simulation of the prop locks, test systems and drive mechanism, which is indicative of the level of realism you get with more complex aeroplane simulations from this developer, particularly when you compare this to the other two simulations of the C441 which have been made by other developers, specifically Flight 1 and Alabeo, neither of which get this down anywhere near so well as Flysimware have managed. Also worthy of note on that C441, is options for different propeller fits on the aeroplane, so there's plenty of fun options and they provide config files so you can add TPD avionics fairly easily too. It's a similar story with their LearJet 35A and 402C, both of which exhibit similar attention to systems detail.

Whilst I know the Xtreme Prototypes LearJet 20 was very good, it left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth when XP took this down off their servers, meaning legitimate buyers of it could not download their purchases if they lost the installation file, and because of that I'm personally disinclined to buy their LearJet 25 even though I know many people report that it is excellent, which doesn't surprise me since I know their 20 variant was great, thus I have the Flysimware LearJet 35A instead, and as I understand it, there is little to choose between the two, so I'm glad to not be cutting my nose off to spite my face lol. I particularly like the fact that you can buy Flysimware stuff from Just Flight's store too, where things are often even a little bit lower in price. It's worth noting here that Just Flight get patches for Flysimware stuff up really quickly too, within a matter of hours usually.

As noted, the Flysimware C441 is great, in fact it is one of my favourite FSX/P3D add-ons, and trust me, I've got the Flight 1 441 and the Alabeo 441 as well, and believe me, there is no comparison, the Flysimware one is streets ahead of the other two. Similarly, if you prefer a non-turboprop twin, their 401C is a great choice.

The Flysimware Bell 47G Sioux is a relatively simple add-on, as befits the simplicity of the real helicopter, so you really cannot go wrong with that one, and even if you aren't into choppers that much, this one is fairly easy to fly and affords a great panoramic view what with that big perspex canopy, so at a sale price there's enough of a reason to give this one a whirl. In all honesty, it's no Dodosim Bell JetRanger in terms of super realism, but then again, few other add-on choppers can match that one, so for a bit of MASH-type fun in your sim, the Sioux is a nice thing to have.

Older GA singles are another thing Flysimware have had a stab at, and whilst these are usually fairly simple add-ons in terms of features and simulation, they are no less fun for that, especially for the price. Ones I can certainly recommend are the Cessna 120, which is kind of tricky to fly and quite hard to land well, so it offers an interesting challenge which does reflect the difference between it and more modern Cessna singles.  Another real interesting one worth having is their  ERCO Ercoupe 415C, since this is one of the few aeroplanes ever built with an automatic rudder system whereby you have no rudder pedals in the cockpit, nor any flaps, since the Ercoupe was designed to be easy to fly in a manner similar to the Icon A5, being resistant to stalling, and it has an unusual twin tailfin layout reminiscent of the Messerschmitt bf110, so that's kind of fun and certainly different. It's well worth the £7.50 you'd pay for it if you bought it from the Just Flight store in this present sale.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi Folks,

Yep - as Alan mentioned the textures aren’t Carenado grade but they’ve improved with each successive model Flysimware has released... The Lear is really good enough for me and I can’t wait to see their Falcon 50... Personally - I don't think I'd go older than the MU-2... I truly wish they'd redo their C402 to the Lear quality standard - I want a good Cape Air model sooo bad... 

Some raw uncompressed images of the Lear VC -1600x1200 - for consideration - note the 3D Garmin and 3D REX Wx Radar:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgageww7p50fp6s/LJ35Apanel.zip?dl=0

Also - the Lear 35A let's me fly my favorite AirNet paint :cool::

ws61li.jpg

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 12/20/2017 at 7:05 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yep - as Alan mentioned the textures aren’t Carenado grade but they’ve improved with each successive model Flysimware has released... The Lear is really good enough for me and I can’t wait to see their Falcon 50... Personally - I don't think I'd go older than the MU-2... I truly wish they'd redo their C402 to the Lear quality standard - I want a good Cape Air model sooo bad... 

Some raw uncompressed images of the Lear VC -1600x1200 - for consideration - note the 3D Garmin and 3D REX Wx Radar:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgageww7p50fp6s/LJ35Apanel.zip?dl=0

Also - the Lear 35A let's me fly my favorite AirNet paint :cool::

ws61li.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott:

Well, I picked up the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 and have been flying it around the East Coast and the islands for a couple of weeks. I must say it is a beauty and the cockpit controls are a delight to operate. On the challenge side in my system with the GTN it is very strange when maneuvering in the terminal area on AP. Often, as you know, it is necessary to maneuver for vectors or to join the localizer, so in the 25 you come out of "GPS" mode and go into "NAV" mode, which kicks the GTN into VOC. Then things get weird as the HSI behaves strangely and the aircraft seems to steady up on the course over the ground, rather than the heading bug. Very strange and disconcerting. And she seems very sluggish on commanded turns so essentially you find yourself oscillating around the localizer course. Even more weird I see these sort of vibrations on the descent that convey the feeling of flying through a light chop. But there is no turbulence present. I disabled the stick shaker thinking that maybe somehow that was causing it but no joy.

Anyway, since I know of no forum to discuss this stuff I decided to post it here and see if you or others may have some experience with this bird to share. In the meantime back to the Flysimware 35 which is solid as a rock.

Best regards

Rick

16 hours ago, silverheels2 said:

Hi Scott

Hi Rick,

Sorry your experience with the other brand wasn't what you hoped for - I know it's been well received by the community at large so maybe it's a local issue for you ? I don't have it so I'm afraid I'm not much help... The two big show stoppers for me on the 25 - is the lack of 3D GTN and Wx Radar - AND - only the other day I read the post where the autopilot only has the default auto throttle ability and not the pitch speed hold of the real deal like the Flysimware model... Honestly - the custom autopilot on the 35 is why I love it so much... LOL - I don't see myself jumping on the 25 band wagon any time soon... Mark has been to accommodating with the 35 - when I noticed a problem where the 35 couldn't fly holds properly - he jumped on the issue and worked with me until it was resolved... I really can't ask for more from a developer...

Best of luck and welcome back to the 35...

Just a cool video showing some Learjet love - life of a freight dog...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 2

My FSW Learjet has more hours on it than any plane I've bought since FSX came out (just sayin'). :-) 

The repaints available and the mods that Bjoern and others have thrown at it make it an outstanding bird and a steal at 50% off. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Rick,

Sorry your experience with the other brand wasn't what you hoped for - I know it's been well received by the community at large so maybe it's a local issue for you ? I don't have it so I'm afraid I'm not much help... The two big show stoppers for me on the 25 - is the lack of 3D GTN and Wx Radar - AND - only the other day I read the post where the autopilot only has the default auto throttle ability and not the pitch speed hold of the real deal like the Flysimware model... Honestly - the custom autopilot on the 35 is why I love it so much... LOL - I don't see myself jumping on the 25 band wagon any time soon... Mark has been to accommodating with the 35 - when I noticed a problem where the 35 couldn't fly holds properly - he jumped on the issue and worked with me until it was resolved... I really can't ask for more from a developer...

Best of luck and welcome back to the 35...

Just a cool video showing some Learjet love - life of a freight dog...

Regards,
Scott

What a great vid Scott! I've been playing it over and over and I still get a thrill each time. I love night flying and if I were much, much, much younger I could enjoy that life. I'm going to go see if I can find an Airnet livery.

As for the Xtreme 25, I found a very helpful thread over on the PD3 forum where a group of guys parsed the issues and I found fixes for every issue I had. Now she handles just fine and all seems to work well. Now I have the incredible pleasure of deciding 35 or 25 on a given day for a planned trip!! Both are great and give me great pleasure. It seems that the 35 has somewhat better range and payload so she gets the nod for the longer trips. What a joy to have two great birds with ability to use smaller airports!!

Thanks Scott

Best regards,

Rick

38 minutes ago, silverheels2 said:

As for the Xtreme 25, I found a very helpful thread over on the PD3 forum where a group of guys parsed the issues and I found fixes for every issue I had. Now she handles just fine and all seems to work well. 

Link please!!!! Would be interested in application of these fixes!!!  Would be much appreciated!!

Regards,

hawkeye

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

11 hours ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Link please!!!! Would be interested in application of these fixes!!!  Would be much appreciated!!

Regards,

hawkeye

Here it is. For some reason I cannot just copy and paste the link, but if you click on the box above, it will take you to the thread.

Regards

• Upvote 1

On 12/19/2017 at 5:35 PM, klamal said:

How is FlySimWare's Lear vs Xtreme Prototypes?  I know they are a 25 vs 35 so there are the differences there.  But, what I'm really looking for is which of these is the most in depth or closest to a study level?  

I Have the Xtreme Prototypes Learjet 25 Special Edition  & I would describe it as study level & on par to Carenado VC eye candy . In fact easier to read VC than Carenado aircraft.  I don't have the Flysimware Learjet because of the VC lower graphics quality, although I do read that it is at study level   

1 minute ago, fofs said:

I Have the Xtreme Prototypes Learjet 25 Special Edition  & I would describe it as study level & on par to Carenado VC eye candy . In fact easier to read VC than Carenado aircraft.  I don't have the Flysimware Learjet because of the VC lower graphics quality, although I do read that it is at study level   

Hi...

The textures have been improved in the VC over the life of the aircraft and I'm actually quite happy with them now - if at all interested - check my Dropbox link posted above - I have raw uncompressed bitmap screenshots of the VC for anyone's consideration...

Regards,
Scott

13 hours ago, silverheels2 said:

I'm going to go see if I can find an Airnet livery.

Hi Rick,

Well I did paint the Airnet livery above for the 35 - it's in the lib...

I think I need to break out my paint brush once again and do some more...

Looking at Paul's recent beautiful paints for the 25 - motivates me...

Yeah - me too - if younger - working for a company like Airnet looks like a fun gig... I like RW flying at night as well...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

On 12/19/2017 at 9:35 AM, klamal said:

How is FlySimWare's Lear vs Xtreme Prototypes?  I know they are a 25 vs 35 so there are the differences there.  But, what I'm really looking for is which of these is the most in depth or closest to a study level?  

Tried both. Textures in FSW did me in.

Xtreme Lear keeps me coming back.

On 1/10/2018 at 7:59 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Rick,

Well I did paint the Airnet livery above for the 35 - it's in the lib...

I think I need to break out my paint brush once again and do some more...

Looking at Paul's recent beautiful paints for the 25 - motivates me...

Yeah - me too - if younger - working for a company like Airnet looks like a fun gig... I like RW flying at night as well...

Regards,
Scott

Got it Scott. Thanks.

Next question is concerning the 35 cockpit textures shown in your DropBox file. Are those available as texture set for FSX?
Thanks

Rick