Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

Flysimware 50% off sale

3 hours ago, silverheels2 said:

Got it Scott. Thanks.

Next question is concerning the 35 cockpit textures shown in your DropBox file. Are those available as texture set for FSX?
Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick,

There was a texture package for the VC upgrade on the FSW site in the downloads section... From what I understand - that same texture pack is now included with the latest updates... If your model is up to date I think you should have it...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Rick,

There was a texture package for the VC upgrade on the FSW site in the downloads section... From what I understand - that same texture pack is now included with the latest updates... If your model is up to date I think you should have it...

Regards,
Scott

Exactly. There are several upgrades packages circulating and I have tried a few of them, none of which did it for me. But just this morning I went out to the Flysimware page and downloaded the textures there. And what a difference! I think I am still at 2.7. I am paranoid about updates so I always go slow. Next I will go back and see what 2.9 does for me. I'm quite happy with 2.7 but maybe there are some nice features in the 2.9 pkg.

Thanks again Scott for your help.

Best regards,

Rick

40 minutes ago, silverheels2 said:

Exactly.

Hi Rick,

Happy to help - yeah - the texture upgrade seemed to make a big difference for me...

Yeah - all this chatting with you about AirNet - had to open PSP last night - see what you started:

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 12/20/2017 at 3:24 AM, Chock said:

For anyone considering buying...

Texturing is not the strong point of any of Flysimware's offerings. It's not terrible, but neither will it 'wow' you, fortunately though, texturing both in the VC and externally on any add-on aeroplane is one of the things easily fixed by a repaint, either by the user, or some other kind soul, so it shouldn't really put you off buying because as we know, many Carenado/Alabeo aeroplanes look pretty but can be problematic in other areas, ones which are less easy to sort out, so texturing should never really be your main concern with any add-on even though it might be what initially attracts you, because once that initial visual love affair has passed, you're then left with some underlying substance when it comes to Flysimware's stuff.

Thus systems simulation and realism is usually a very strong point for Flysimware addons, with some in particular being especially noteworthy in this respect: Cessna C441 Conquest II, Cessna 402C Businessliner and LearJet 35A, all of which are impressive in this respect and certainly recommended. Worthy of note here is the fact that the Cessna C441 Conquest II has Garrett TPE331 turboprop engines; turboprop engines can be difficult to simulate well, but Flysimware have done a great job of that, with realistic simulation of the prop locks, test systems and drive mechanism, which is indicative of the level of realism you get with more complex aeroplane simulations from this developer, particularly when you compare this to the other two simulations of the C441 which have been made by other developers, specifically Flight 1 and Alabeo, neither of which get this down anywhere near so well as Flysimware have managed. Also worthy of note on that C441, is options for different propeller fits on the aeroplane, so there's plenty of fun options and they provide config files so you can add TPD avionics fairly easily too. It's a similar story with their LearJet 35A and 402C, both of which exhibit similar attention to systems detail.

Whilst I know the Xtreme Prototypes LearJet 20 was very good, it left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth when XP took this down off their servers, meaning legitimate buyers of it could not download their purchases if they lost the installation file, and because of that I'm personally disinclined to buy their LearJet 25 even though I know many people report that it is excellent, which doesn't surprise me since I know their 20 variant was great, thus I have the Flysimware LearJet 35A instead, and as I understand it, there is little to choose between the two, so I'm glad to not be cutting my nose off to spite my face lol. I particularly like the fact that you can buy Flysimware stuff from Just Flight's store too, where things are often even a little bit lower in price. It's worth noting here that Just Flight get patches for Flysimware stuff up really quickly too, within a matter of hours usually.

As noted, the Flysimware C441 is great, in fact it is one of my favourite FSX/P3D add-ons, and trust me, I've got the Flight 1 441 and the Alabeo 441 as well, and believe me, there is no comparison, the Flysimware one is streets ahead of the other two. Similarly, if you prefer a non-turboprop twin, their 401C is a great choice.

The Flysimware Bell 47G Sioux is a relatively simple add-on, as befits the simplicity of the real helicopter, so you really cannot go wrong with that one, and even if you aren't into choppers that much, this one is fairly easy to fly and affords a great panoramic view what with that big perspex canopy, so at a sale price there's enough of a reason to give this one a whirl. In all honesty, it's no Dodosim Bell JetRanger in terms of super realism, but then again, few other add-on choppers can match that one, so for a bit of MASH-type fun in your sim, the Sioux is a nice thing to have.

Older GA singles are another thing Flysimware have had a stab at, and whilst these are usually fairly simple add-ons in terms of features and simulation, they are no less fun for that, especially for the price. Ones I can certainly recommend are the Cessna 120, which is kind of tricky to fly and quite hard to land well, so it offers an interesting challenge which does reflect the difference between it and more modern Cessna singles.  Another real interesting one worth having is their  ERCO Ercoupe 415C, since this is one of the few aeroplanes ever built with an automatic rudder system whereby you have no rudder pedals in the cockpit, nor any flaps, since the Ercoupe was designed to be easy to fly in a manner similar to the Icon A5, being resistant to stalling, and it has an unusual twin tailfin layout reminiscent of the Messerschmitt bf110, so that's kind of fun and certainly different. It's well worth the £7.50 you'd pay for it if you bought it from the Just Flight store in this present sale.

Even though our legacy XP 20 Series Business Jets v1.x addon (Learjet 24, 25 & 28) for FSX is no longer sold on our website, registered users can always login to their account and download their previous purchases, including patches and manuals. Activation keys are sent by email so if they have lost their key, they can contact customer support to obtain a new one. Registered users can contact us at any time if they have issues downloading their previous orders or if they miss their activation key.

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

I heartily recommend the Mu-2 and the Lear. 

Take if from someone who was a serious doubter before purchasing as well. BUT, I bit on a very, very good deal on the Moo, and then based on how impressed I was, I also got the Lear.

I can assure you, I have flown both of those planes more often in the last year than all my other addon planes COMBINED.  I love my Moo and Lear that much.

(no, I'm not affiliated with Flysimware)   :-)

Edited by rightseat
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks like simmarket currently has a sale on Flysimware planes. 40% discount this time.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Yes, I was skeptical about Flysimware aircraft because they just didn't look that good aesthetically.  But the MU2 is very well modeled and flies great.  Highly recommended.

Bruce 

Bruce Wood