Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

Ahh yes, the infamous approaching Canada CTD. Have gotten a few myself. CTD with ntdll.dll error. Which tells you nothing as it likely means a memory management corruption issue. 

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Ahh yes, the infamous approaching Canada CTD. Have gotten a few myself. CTD with ntdll.dll error. Which tells you nothing as it likely means a memory management corruption issue. 

i have the same problem sometimes :(

I did a lot of research on the ntdll.dll error and searched AVSIM and the Internet and all of the flight simulation websites and came up with this list of things that fixed the problem for others.  This is an explanation in the AVSIM CTD Guide:

NTDLL.dll – Several possibilities for the NTDLL.dll error are as follows:

• Most probable cause is outdated or corrupted hardware drivers.  Run a driver update program as discussed in previous section.
  • Use the System File Checker (SFC \scannow) to look for corrupt or missing system files.  See previous section for details on running this program.
  • Recently update video card drivers?  Reinstall or install the previous version.
  • System overheating.  Check (not common but it can cause this crash).
  • Wrong timings/voltages set for your installed RAM. 
  • CPU voltage too high or too low (only if you overclocked your computer, manually or professionally by a computer expert). You might be able to fix by returning your BIOS to Optimized Defaults or lowering the overclock by one point from say, 4.4GHz to 4.3GHz.
  • Windows 7 users - Remove the UIAutomationcore.dll from the main FSX folder, if installed (applies to FSX users only).  A known fix (could be the wrong version placed in the FSX folder).  Do not remove for FSX-SE or Windows 8/10 users.
  • Check your dll.xml for duplicate entries or entries where the software was removed but the entry in the dll.xml still exists.  Fix.
  • Disable User Access Controls (UAC) (see the section above for more information).
  • MyTrafficX, v5.4c possibly caused by an AI scheduling programming error. Go back to the 5.4b version.  Check developer’s forum for possible fixes.
  • For MyTraffic6, rename MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.OFF in your MyTraffic/Scenery folder. 
  • Changing aircraft from payware to default and vice-versa.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, just fyi, I and a couple others have solved this ntdll error approaching Canada by restarting coualt from FSDT after using their GSX product at the departure airport in Europe. Once pushback is complete, restart Coualt. No more CTD.

• Upvote 2

Eric 

On 19.12.2017 at 5:27 PM, G-YMML1 said:

Same here. Only happens in P3Dv4, P3Dv3.0 worked flawlessly

Same here. I gave up the routes to America since V4. 

As i said, it can be anything that affects the crash. It's just weird that it happens only around the same area of the sim world - north Atlantic Canadian side of the pond. I haven't had issues anywhere else. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Several possibilities for the NTDLL.dll error are as follows:

...to which I would add, as per my earlier post, 'bad ships' in the otherwise superb AI Ships and AI Ship traffic. Definite cause of two NTDLL.dll crashes for me.

Petraeus

1 hour ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Approx 700nm from HOIST....we can watch it together to see what will happen...

https://www.twitch.tv/rwy24

Have a feeling you will fly over it without a problem. I got a ctd already at that point. Although I used time compression 4x. Hopefully will have the time tomorrow to try the flight again.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I used that route many times....never anything. Last night I installed new UT2, so will see. I had some traffic over the pond... Will see...

• Upvote 1

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

On 12/20/2017 at 4:18 PM, Petraeus said:

...to which I would add, as per my earlier post, 'bad ships' in the otherwise superb AI Ships and AI Ship traffic. Definite cause of two NTDLL.dll crashes for me.

You all might want to listen to Petraeus.  I recently had similar CTDs near San Diego over the water.  Every time i got close to San Diego boom it crashed.  Having no appcrash report i decided to just make sure there were no FS9 models in there.  

Using Lorby's great ThumbnailExporterX tool you can easily check if a SimObject is MDL8 (FS9) or MDLX (FSX/P3D).   

Checked AI Aircraft and there were no MDL8s since i built the AI myself and have all my old FS9 models in a separate folder. 

Checked the AI Ships and there they were....about 4 models that showed MDL8.  VEH_Destroyer Fletcher I think was causing the issue at San Diego.  And some Liberty Ships etc.  Not sure if these were part of Nils Global AI Ship package.  Pretty sure they aren't.  I had some custom military AI from the FSX days so probably left over from that. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hi

If you follow the support thread on the Global AI Ship Traffic it has been mentioned several times that an update to latest version of the AI ship traffic is necessary in P3Dv4. I will repeat it here and hope you will help spread the message. You should install the Global AI Ship Traffic V1 and subsequently the 200 AI Ships & AI ship Traffic V2. This will resolve all issues regards to AI ships from our project - there are four ships in the original packages done for FS9 AI_Calypso, AI_AC_Sailboat, AI_John_T_Essberger and AI_La_Recouvrance. These are corrected by installing the 200 AI Ships & AI Ship Traffic V2 on top.

The above mentioned Veh_Destroyer Fletcher and Liberty ships are not related to the Global AI Ship Traffic - the Liberty ships inclueded in the Global AI Ship Traffic project are native FSX models with no problems in P3Dv4.

Henrik

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, KL791 said:

Hi

If you follow the support thread on the Global AI Ship Traffic it has been mentioned several times that an update to latest version of the AI ship traffic is necessary in P3Dv4. I will repeat it here and hope you will help spread the message. You should install the Global AI Ship Traffic V1 and subsequently the 200 AI Ships & AI ship Traffic V2. This will resolve all issues regards to AI ships from our project - there are four ships in the original packages done for FS9 AI_Calypso, AI_AC_Sailboat, AI_John_T_Essberger and AI_La_Recouvrance. These are corrected by installing the 200 AI Ships & AI Ship Traffic V2 on top.

The above mentioned Veh_Destroyer Fletcher and Liberty ships are not related to the Global AI Ship Traffic - the Liberty ships inclueded in the Global AI Ship Traffic project are native FSX models with no problems in P3Dv4.

Henrik

Yeah, Henrik would be able to tell you if any of those ships he mentioned are near Labrador.  By the way, sorry Henrik for calling you Nils.  I think I was on Flightsim.com earlier reading Nils Anderson and it sounded close.  lol.  

By the way if you don't have Henrik's Global AI Ship Traffic, i'm not sure you can call yourself a flight simmer.  Best freeware around.  I spend more time looking at tankers in and out of ports than worrying about my Dep or Arr.  

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hi

I didn't put much near to Labrador - the nearest is in the St.Lawrence but none of the suspects are present there either.