Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

Flew the HOIST FP overnight 1x no COUATL....no crash EDDF-KIAD PMDG B744

last test will be HOIST FP again with couatl running.  

I'll hopefully be able to test this weekend too with couatl disabled.  I'm also going to try to disable it after departing from FSDT airports in Hawaii and test to see if disabling it helps eliminate the CTD I get on every Hawaii flight.  

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I have FSDT KMEM, which has couatl, and I didn't get the crash.  i ran right over HOIST, too.  My sim's navdata is the ancient '06 era navdata P3D comes with.

What do you guys mean, "With couatl open"?   I have KMEM installed, does that qualify as having couatl "open"?  Or is there some other step I should take to have it "open"?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Flew the HOIST FP this morning again with couatl running, 1x all the way....just crashed with ntdll error.

Crashed about 110 dme HOIST

i guess it is couatl, without it OK, with it crash.

Edited by nazethc
spelling

No CTD even with couatl running on my first attempt with the HOIST FP. Used the PMDG 747, but didn't use AS or any weather programs. Just P3D, my installed scenery, and the 747. Just started another flight that I'll leave running overnight, so we'll see how that goes.

Edited by Chaos81

17 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

6 hours ago, nazethc said:

Flew the HOIST FP this morning again with couatl running, 1x all the way....just crashed with ntdll error.

Crashed about 110 dme HOIST

Very interesting.  Of all the things I wouldn't of never thought it was couatl.  Wow.

Sorry if you've been asked before Nazethc but what version of p3d are you using because since I've gone to v4 I've not had the issue 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

Im still on 4.1.  I never had this problem in V3 though which is weird.  Although, the difference with V3 was that I did not use any Orbx products.  So maybe couatl and Orbx are interfering?  Just a guess.

6 hours ago, nazethc said:

I'm curious if you can repeat this.

I mentioned this awhile back, but I had a flight I flew 5 times. First three times it crashed and I was certain it was reproducible, but then the last two it didn't crash. This was all flown on a single weekend over a single weekend with no changes. For some reason the results were different the last two flights. This was in 4.1. Now using 4.2.

If anyone wants me to run any flightplans to help  through a certain waypoint etc etc let me know I have access to Lido, Sabre, Sita and Jetplanner. 

14ppkc-6.png

For those who have the crash and those who don't, which FSDT products does everyone run? 

Specifically, it might be associated with GSX rather than the airports themselves 

Edited by Zinnertek

32 minutes ago, Zinnertek said:

For those who have the crash and those who don't, which FSDT products does everyone run? 

Specifically, it might be associated with GSX rather than the airports themselves 

Yeah this is a good point. I only have GSX out of all their products and experienced the crash so can’t be anything to do with the airports but rather the GSX itself. 

On 3/8/2018 at 8:02 PM, sfgiants13 said:

I've had this issue as well.  All have been westbound I believe at various sim rates (between 1-4x).  The only longhaul plane I own is the PMDG 777.  It doesn't happen all the time but it has happened several times mostly from CDG and LHR.  I also have another CTD issue approaching Hawaii but that's for another thread.  I'll be watching closely to see if someone figures it out and I'll try to throw my $.02 in as I do those flights.

My addons include MT6 (haven't tested with it off yet), AI ship traffic (have got the CTD both with and without), REX, ORBX vector, base, LC NA and Europe, AS, and a bunch that run on couatl.  

@sfgiants13 Hawaii CTDs are related to corrupted AI textures in MT6. There are a bunch of old Hawaiian textures from FS9. Search the threads and you will find many pointing to this.

I just moved on to UTL which I don't believe uses old FS9 textures and I haven't had issues ever since.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

1 hour ago, Bardia said:

Yeah this is a good point. I only have GSX out of all their products and experienced the crash so can’t be anything to do with the airports but rather the GSX itself. 

If using GSX only, you are still using Couatl.

Eric