Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

I did restart couatl after taking off from Frankfurt, didn't do anything. I'll try tomorrow with killing it in the task manager. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I recently flew EGLL-CYHZ in the NGX (emulating Air Canada’s switch to the 737-MAX 8 on this route).  Because it only has ETOPS120 certification right now, my flight path took me near the tip of Greenland then south over Labrador to Halifax.  I killed couatl after departure and even after flirting with two known CTD areas I made it to my destination safely...first time in a long time I’ve Been able to complete a WB trans Atlantic flight.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

9 hours ago, regis9 said:

I killed couatl after departure and even after flirting with two known CTD areas I made it to my destination safely

Good to know.  I'll do the same.  I CTD last week for the first time using 64 bit P3D - on my way to JFK .   Not had a CTD before on this platform - and it was over Labrador.  

Sorry if I missed a post on this if there's one but haven't got time to read all the posts.

I noticed in Jim's posts from the CTD guide it did not appear to mention one important thing that might result in an ntdll.dll listed in the CTD report. It may be elsewhere in the guide: Turn down some effects or sliders move left a notch.

Almost everything is being suspected, it's this, no I've not got that etc. It could simply be the rearrangement of resources after changing or adding an addon, simlink whatever, renders the real problem surface-able.

Has anyone tried, does it do it in a stock Baron with stock sim? I've not seen it. If not, it's something you installed, or more likely, you have setting up too high.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

On 4/10/2018 at 8:07 PM, ErichB said:

Is Couatl the cause of this?

had a ctd today.. first time in ages and ages.,,and you guessed it... same area

so what has umberto actually said about the issue ?? has Poppet or Rob actually said they will work with him to fix it ??  guess not.

18 pages and the issue has been pretty much been nailed down to a conflict between coutl and p3d and yet they still cant work together to fix it...

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

Just FYI, but for the past two days i have been successful crossing the Atlantic both in 747 and 777 after Couatl kill in the Task Manager.  

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Hello. 

I agree just did fra to yyz right over the effective area. 

I killed coutl after pushback in fra and had no issues. My flightplan went right over the danger zone. 

It's coutl. Well done Eric Fisher for pinning it down. 

Shame LM won't offer their help to Umberto for a big selling addon like gsx. 

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

Hello. 

I agree just did fra to yyz right over the effective area. 

I killed coutl after pushback in fra and had no issues. My flightplan went right over the danger zone. 

It's coutl. Well done Eric Fisher for pinning it down. 

Shame LM won't offer their help to Umberto for a big selling addon like gsx. 

If software doesn't go wrong on a stock system - then could that not also suggest it can be something brought about by interaction with other things, possibly those have hiccups. I'm not saying that's the case here.

I agree a bit Steve. 

I think when it gets to the certain area the pc trys to load up all those bgls dumped in the scenery global folder by orbx and the vector afcads and boom it can't handle it so it ctds

Or it trys to load up a ton of autogen trees and boom same again. 

What I find interesting is its the exact same area that 2 years ago used to drain the vas on 3.35 with the hooky ndivia drivers. 

14ppkc-6.png

Hey Pete, can you help me, when would it show up. Between which two airports might this appear for example? I'll look at it later.

Its the area Steve not city pair. 

Northern Canada newfoundland area and by Hudson Bay 

For example look at below that's where it CTD to me before. Right same place where the VAS used to drain off as it loaded up the landmass or whatever its called

https://www.vatstats.net/flights/7276646

Lat long was 58.07157-59.11635

And today,  same area with coutl off no issue 

https://www.vatstats.net/flights/7297304

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

Ok thanks.

This is an interesting finding. Have you ever brought this on the FSDT support forum?

Philipp Schwaegerl

Yes Umberto and poppet and Rob are all aware of it

14ppkc-6.png

On 1/7/2018 at 9:22 PM, tooting said:

As above I also get them in that exact area.  Been saying it for 2 years that's theres something a foot in that area. 

Be interesting to hear how many of you use fsrealtime.  I'm convinced it's a timezone issue when you cross from the zulu at - 3.5 to - 4.

I think fsrealtime and the sim gets confused and boom CTD. 

My logic behind this is it always seem to happen in that area where the time line is, and it also for me only happens when traveling westbound not eastbound.

Although Good luck getting LM to admit there is an issue, youve got no chance. 

I think this timezone theory has merit.  The conditions you describe - westbound and over this area, are CONSISTENT causes for me.  I'm using FSRealTime as well.  Just picked up this Simelite time zone fixer hoping that it might help.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.