Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

If you have to restart the sim in the middle of a flight complete it... is this hobby even worth the effort any more? Honestly.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Don’t forget as well, killing Couatl will also make certain sceneries disappear too.

Good observation.

couatle is an exe and an exe has to be pretty weird to hang the sim. It would not be an easy mistake to make.

There is a dll: bglmanx64.dll - dlls not only hang the sim with any kind of error that's easy to make, especially in some programming tools, but they also slow down the sim and can introduce weird ways to surface errors in other addons. Working this out can be a problem.

So it's never that clear cut - we can't put two and two together in this case.

We also have the situation whereby scenery becomes unavailable.

How about altering the scenery setup - could be a particular thing appearing in an airport or even in just one airport or scenery package. Example try disabling AI or turning off static aircraft or airport traffic - could be a faulty object definition or a fault in a file reader.

Careful elimination of the associated components is key to finding the true nature of the fault - we can't assume it is simply a fault in coutle.exe, even though it could be.

Edited by SteveW
  • Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

My flight worked on Sunday - EDDF - KSAN (like I said, I loves me some long haul).  I cleared shader cache, rebuild prepar3d.cfg, and ran the FSDT live updater.  I also had switched from FSRealTime's timezone correction to the Time Zone fixer from Simlite.

Although I made it this past weekend, upon reflection, the symptoms of crashes are very much the same: westbound and approaching the coast of Canada.  

To Steve's points:

• A drawback of the open-ish architecture in P3D isn't so much that it is there, but it resides along-side custom "hacks" for functionality, like couatl.exe. 
  • The number of ways that developers approach providing additional content for the sim varies at just same number as there are third party developers. 
  • I think Lockheed Martin tried to build us a system to address this with the add-on.xml thing, but it hasn't been universally adopted.

Edited by ahuimanu
words

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

for anyone that wants to plot the issues as LM quite clearly dont give a toss...

6ya7sZTIQdt95UYuDA7slfzZqe9kzyxyuT6v3FZW

lvkpzosWOXNGCZQ268OZq-A0AASbqdHvjuwtCNjg

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, tooting said:

for anyone that wants to plot the issues as LM quite clearly dont give a toss...

Yikes, this is completely unfair, it seems like the issue is Couatl, why should LM fix that?  Should they ensure that absolutely every 3rd party prooduct works with P3D, or would you say it's the responsiblity of the 3rd parties to be compatible?

From the perspective of LM i would be asking, does this happen on a default build of P3D?  If the answer to that is no, i would say not our problem.  If the developer of Couatl requires the assistance of LM, it's his/her job to approach LM, not the other way around.

Ian R Tyldesley

On 4/22/2018 at 10:18 PM, David Fennell said:

14ppkc-6.png

I just want LM to sit down with Umberto and work together to see what the conflict is. Simple as that. He obviously needs some help to iron out what's causing it 

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

ntdll.dll CTD approaching CYYR from the Atlantic Ocean. Very unhappy I do not have autosave! Time Zone Fixer disabled for my next flight.

Its not timezones mate, its coutl.

14ppkc-6.png

54 minutes ago, tooting said:

Its not timezones mate, its coutl.

Landed OK some days ago Europe-America. simelite time zone fixer installed this AM. Process of Elimination this next flight if any thing!

Edited by Boeing or not going

Update:

Just had a CTD leaving FlyTampa EHAM in the iFly 747-400 AFTER I had restarted COUATL.  I restarted COUATL above 10,000 ft.  Was in 4x mode (intelligent cruise), over the U.K.

Prepar3D.exe Stopped working 2018-05-06 12:24:41 AM All Users 0xc0000374 A heap has been corrupted.
  StackHash_f04d 10.0.15063.608 C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe 46,220 C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_93116355f23395895ff4431b7186b898ce9511df_911d388a_cab_30d90061\Report.wer 

- Daniel

So the CTD was no where near Canada?? 

Do you have ai? 

Do you have any uk2000 scenery?? 

Both can cause ctds

14ppkc-6.png

58 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Update:

Just had a CTD leaving FlyTampa EHAM in the iFly 747-400 AFTER I had restarted COUATL.  I restarted COUATL above 10,000 ft.  Was in 4x mode (intelligent cruise), over the U.K.

Prepar3D.exe Stopped working 2018-05-06 12:24:41 AM All Users 0xc0000374 A heap has been corrupted.
  StackHash_f04d 10.0.15063.608 C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe 46,220 C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_93116355f23395895ff4431b7186b898ce9511df_911d388a_cab_30d90061\Report.wer 

- Daniel

Try the exact same flight WITHOUT restarting Couatl.  Kill it via Task Manager.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

7 hours ago, tooting said:

So the CTD was no where near Canada?? 

Do you have ai? 

Do you have any uk2000 scenery?? 

Both can cause ctds

Yes to;

AI = UT Live

UK2000 Scenery = multiple

6 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Try the exact same flight WITHOUT restarting Couatl.  Kill it via Task Manager.

Will do this morning and report back.

Cheers,

Daniel