Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

10 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Try the exact same flight WITHOUT restarting Couatl.  Kill it via Task Manager.

Of course I just realized that that means landing in KSFO will be screwed up because I have Flightbeam's KSFO HD and it requires COUATL.

No way to restart COUATL once you've killed it in Task Manager, is there?

- Daniel

Daniel. 

Where exactly did the CTD happen please near which waypoint? 

14ppkc-6.png

20 minutes ago, tooting said:

Daniel. 

Where exactly did the CTD happen please near which waypoint? 

Sorry, didn't exactly see that... but was likely near the east coast of the UK.

Possibly: MIMVA, TOLSA, OKAMA, EMLON, ROVNI, TENDO?

- Daniel

Thanks what FIR are these waypoints in.  Which country? 

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

Thanks what FIR are these waypoints in.  Which country? 

EGTT?  Does that make sense?

- Daniel

It does Daniel.  Its  not the Canada issue we are talking about. That's some 2500 miles away. It could be a million different things causing that CTD.  Are your UK2000 sceneries the P3Dv4 versions?? Do a scan in your uk2000 folder for any fs9*** bgls.  These cause ctds. Belfast being a big culprit. 

Also I see you have ultimate traffic live (so live its not been updated in over a year)  have you added any 787s to it??  Namely the camsim 787.  This causes ctds 

14ppkc-6.png

Thanks!  I'll check all my UK2000 sceneries - no, not all are P3D v4, some I brought over from v3.

I haven't added any UTL models, though.  Are the stock models okay?

- Daniel

p.s. Redoing the EHAM - KSFO flight now.  Killed Coutal in task manager and no CTD.  Currently on approach to KSFO

Edited by Daniel Baker

1 hour ago, Daniel Baker said:

Of course I just realized that that means landing in KSFO will be screwed up because I have Flightbeam's KSFO HD and it requires COUATL.

No way to restart COUATL once you've killed it in Task Manager, is there?

- Daniel

Not without restarting the sim.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Definitely check your uk2000 scenery folders for any . BGL files with fs9 in the titles the ones you 'brought over' from version 3.

Id be willing to bet money thats what caused it. 

14ppkc-6.png

6 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

Not without restarting the sim.

So killing Couatl in the Task Manager is not going to work as a long-term strategy, unfortunately

No there is no long term strategy. You'll find Umberto on the next page promoting is KORD update topic but not in this topic. And Rob and Poppet from LM won't get involved because they also don't want to be associated with it.  What you have here is a prime example of a big Developer with an issue and LM not working together with him to try and resolve the issue as they will claim " its not their problem" good this liability stuff isn't it

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

So killing Couatl in the Task Manager is not going to work as a long-term strategy, unfortunately

Yep, agreed.  You’ll lose scenery associated with Couatl for the flight.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

6 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Of course I just realized that that means landing in KSFO will be screwed up because I have Flightbeam's KSFO HD and it requires COUAT

No it doesn't Daniel. FB ditched the FSDT addon manager when they updated all their sceneries. It now uses the Flightbeam Manager. Have you updated ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

15 hours ago, tooting said:

Definitely check your uk2000 scenery folders for any . BGL files with fs9 in the titles the ones you 'brought over' from version 3.

Id be willing to bet money thats what caused it. 

Actually, after checking I forgot I've actually purchased/upgraded my UK2000 scenery to P3D v4 versions.  Sorry - getting confused between FS9, P3Dv3, P3Dv4 etc., etc.  So many add-ons and sim configs over the years...  So no issues here

10 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

No it doesn't Daniel. FB ditched the FSDT addon manager when they updated all their sceneries. It now uses the Flightbeam Manager. Have you updated ?

Actually I saw that after I successfully landed in KSFO, much to my pleasant surprise.  

So... I'm not closer to understanding what's causing this - other than it seems couatl could be a culprit.  Restarting it once in the air often helps... but sometimes not, I guess?

- Daniel

Just left the NAT, heading west to CYYR, P3D disappears. Windows error log says ntdll.dll again. I am done with this. Most flights I load P3D and reset couatl and rebuild airport cache but today I skipped it.

Edited by Boeing or not going