Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

45 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Just left the NAT, heading west to CYYR, P3D disappears. Windows error log says ntdll.dll again. I am done with this. Most flights I load P3D and reset couatl and rebuild airport cache but today I skipped it.

What is your solution or suggestion? 🙂

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

50 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

get a good grip as you lob the computer out the window. Im going to do that if one more test flight crashes again.

2 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Seems as though the crash always happens when flying westbound. We could all just fly the long way around the earth, Heathrow to New York over Europe, Russia, Pacific and then down over Canada eh? 😄

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

40 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

Seems as though the crash always happens when flying westbound. We could all just fly the long way around the earth, Heathrow to New York over Europe, Russia, Pacific and then down over Canada eh? 😄

I emailed the fselite Time Zone Fixer support and mentioned that because the crash happens in only one direction, could it be a time zone bug? I do not have much time for testing, I did not budget a fsupic upgrade license yet and no autosave! that makes my P3D crashes so frustrating.

Edited by Boeing or not going

So 20+ pages in, did you actually read any of it?  It's COUATL, not time zone fixer which users in the thread have said is not the problem.

12 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

I do not have much time for testing

nazethc, it was explained to him/her a couple of weeks ago, but was ignored then also.

Everyone else knows and accepts that it's a Couatl problem.

On 5/1/2018 at 1:39 AM, tooting said:

Its not timezones mate, its coutl.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, nazethc said:

So 20+ pages in, did you actually read any of it?  It's COUATL, not time zone fixer which users in the thread have said is not the problem.

That is your opinion only.

Because the CTD event is only one direction, flying west, why is it couatl? When my flights have been successful I have not activated the time zone fixer programs.

25 minutes ago, F737NG said:

nazethc, it was explained to him/her a couple of weeks ago, but was ignored then also.

What is your problem? Nobody has proof it is one addon. If you had proof you would have presented it to Virtuali, not "we think it is couatl because I disable it and sometimes my flight is fine". There are no logs you have to prove it is one addon you have no explanation for why you can start in America, and not restart or stop couatl, and fly past the same points to Europe. But you do the westbound route and, crash. Typical you are insulting and unhelpful on the forums.

I honestly think we will ever get it fixed so long as both Umberto and LM can put their hands up and say 'not my problem', and both of them don't want to devote a large amount of time towards it.  Therefore you are left with the issue. Liability in action. Neither will admit to the issue

14ppkc-6.png

As the one who first mentioned waayyy back in this thread about restarting Coualt to solve this issue (thanks to another chap that found it but don't remember his name in another forum) I am amazed at the amount of confusion that still exists with this workaround. It's very simple folks, it does not require anything being "killed" in the task manager or anything of the sort. Simply going to and selecting Add-ons/Coualt Settings/Restart Coualt is all that is needed. I have never again had a CTD doing this. And trust me I used to get the ntdll.dll error a lot. For redundancy, after push back from any airport in Europe/Middle East to North America I select the above and do it twice (I have OCD). That's it. Nothing more to it. Takes all of about 5 to 10 seconds after push back and before taxi. If you do anything else, it's useless.

Eric 

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

@ F737NG Lol I guess I have to take my own advice.

@Eric I have tried the restart, and for me, it does not always work.  For me killing couatl is the only option at this point.  It's probably in the thread, but do you have Vector installed by any chance?

@Boeing... with Eric's info we proved his hypothesis, for some restarting couatl works great, for others a kill in task manager works.  

Edited by nazethc
spelling

4 hours ago, nazethc said:

@ F737NG Lol I guess I have to take my own advice.

@Eric I have tried the restart, and for me, it does not always work.  For me killing couatl is the only option at this point.  It's probably in the thread, but do you have Vector installed by any chance?

@Boeing... with Eric's info we proved his hypothesis, for some restarting couatl works great, for others a kill in task manager works.  

Yes, Vector and OpenLC NA. And it's interesting you have to use Task Manager in lieu of a simple restart. The root remains Coualt. However we kill the tree (CTD) the root bears differs but it is the same root nevertheless.  

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

SimElite Solutions sent an email; update to Time Zone Fixer. 2 Canadian time zones corrected. Will this fix it? I am flying later in the week. 2 successful flights did not restart couatl it was every time coming up to a point off the coast of Canada, all along a latitude.

6 hours ago, B777ER said:

As the one who first mentioned waayyy back in this thread about restarting Coualt to solve this issue (thanks to another chap that found it but don't remember his name in another forum) I am amazed at the amount of confusion that still exists with this workaround. It's very simple folks, it does not require anything being "killed" in the task manager or anything of the sort. Simply going to and selecting Add-ons/Coualt Settings/Restart Coualt is all that is needed. I have never again had a CTD doing this. And trust me I used to get the ntdll.dll error a lot. For redundancy, after push back from any airport in Europe/Middle East to North America I select the above and do it twice (I have OCD). That's it. Nothing more to it. Takes all of about 5 to 10 seconds after push back and before taxi. If you do anything else, it's useless.

I just tried this - didn't work. PMDG 777 from EDDF-CYYZ. Restarted couatl during the climb and P3D ended up crashing about 130 nm east of JANJO on this flight plan. 

OBOK1E OBOKA UZ29 TORNU UZ291 BREDA UZ292 KUDAD/N0480F320 UZ292 RAVLO Y70 BATLI UY250 RIMTO L46 REMSI DCT NIBOG/M082F320 DCT ETARI DCT 56N020W 56N030W 56N040W/M082F340 55N050W DCT JANJO/N0476F360 N560A YBC J555 ML J553 DICEN Q848 LETAK IMEBA3

59 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I just tried this - didn't work. PMDG 777 from EDDF-CYYZ. Restarted couatl during the climb and P3D ended up crashing about 130 nm east of JANJO on this flight plan. 

OBOK1E OBOKA UZ29 TORNU UZ291 BREDA UZ292 KUDAD/N0480F320 UZ292 RAVLO Y70 BATLI UY250 RIMTO L46 REMSI DCT NIBOG/M082F320 DCT ETARI DCT 56N020W 56N030W 56N040W/M082F340 55N050W DCT JANJO/N0476F360 N560A YBC J555 ML J553 DICEN Q848 LETAK IMEBA3

fsrealtime installed?