Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

Time Zone Fixer.

I've had the crash and I don't use Time Zone Fixer?

This reminds me of a similar problem back in the early days of FS where I was getting a crash in one direction while using a Scotland add-on.  It turned out to be an altitude error in the mesh.  

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

29 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

I've had the crash and I don't use Time Zone Fixer?

This reminds me of a similar problem back in the early days of FS where I was getting a crash in one direction while using a Scotland add-on.  It turned out to be an altitude error in the mesh.  

Mesh I use freemeshx. fsrealtime installed?

27 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Mesh I use freemeshx. fsrealtime installed?

I use Freemeshx and Vector, but I do not use fsrealtime.

Maybe we could get Mr. Moser to check that part of the world for us? 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

8 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

fsrealtime installed?

Nope

Since NATs vary drastically eastbound vs westbound, has anyone tried flying the exact westbound routing that a CTD is seen on but in reverse?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

28 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

Since NATs vary drastically eastbound vs westbound, has anyone tried flying the exact westbound routing that a CTD is seen on but in reverse?

Never happened to me eastbound, I've flown eastbound through the same area from the west coast and never had a crash. 

@Eric  yeah dunno why, but some other people in the thread also have to use the "kill" method.  

2 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

My flights are on tracks rarely because I fly cargo so against usual traffic flows of passengers. The point is after the last exit point of oceanic airspace, a long north/south line near CYYT and CYYR. It is not only one area of the world. It is that whole region. I will fly tomorrow west, my east bound flight yesterday went through no crash.

First thing to do if I got the CTD would be to run the same aircraft and flight plan in the stock sim - no scenery traffic or weather addon. Bearing in mind that no crash then won't necessarily rule out the plane entirely as it could have a fault reading different navdata for example. Don't waste time - add back half the scenery, then the other half - divide and conquer. Find out what stage the CTD comes back. CTDs can often come from dlls added into the sim since a fault in a dll will crash the sim and might only report an ntdll.dll error when of course ntdll.dll is without fault.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

4 minutes ago, SteveW said:

First thing to do if I got the CTD would be to run the same aircraft and flight plan in the stock sim - no scenery traffic or weather addon. Bearing in mind that no crash then won't necessarily rule out the plane entirely as it could have a fault reading different navdata for example. Don't waste time - add back half the scenery, then the other half - divide and conquer. Find out what stage the CTD comes back. CTDs can often come from dlls added into the sim since a fault in a dll will crash the sim and might only report an ntdll.dll error when of course ntdll.dll is without fault.

RAAS. FSUIPC. PMDG. Activesky. Couatl (GSX, some airports). All my dll's

Mesh error or time zone error, one of them has to be the cause. Why would a dll only cause a crash flying west from the Atlantic?

1 minute ago, Boeing or not going said:

RAAS. FSUIPC. PMDG. Activesky. Couatl (GSX, some airports). All my dll's

Mesh error or time zone error, one of them has to be the cause. Why would a dll only cause a crash flying west from the Atlantic?

Dll errors crash the sim to desktop - that's what I'm saying - not hard to imagine perhaps flying back through one time zone to another, a gauge or dll might fail with faulty logic in the time/date code as a typical guess - who knows?

Why not go without some of that stuff for a test?

This is one long thread about hoping some other guy is going to solve the problem.

It's up to those with a demonstrable repeatable crash to start a logical process of elimination.

It helps to understand how the sim and the code works - If we attach a dll to the sim and that dll has a fault it will crash the sim. If our exe addon has a fault it will crash and the sim most likely continue - depends on exactly what the app does. If that exe app interferes with the simulator then that could cause a crash.

If the suspected initiator is by travelling west toward a point rather than east TOWARD that point (not necessarily AWAY from that point) then it's possible some time/date logic in a dll could crash and henceforth crashes the sim. An exe app  would have a harder time crashing the sim.

9 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Dll errors crash the sim to desktop - that's what I'm saying - not hard to imagine perhaps flying back through one time zone to another, a gauge or dll might fail with faulty logic in the time/date code as a typical guess - who knows?

Why not go without some of that stuff for a test?

a combination of a lack of flying time every week. and me being so afraid of again tweaking my p3d so it becomes unstable and worse performing than last time. FS2Crew's RAAS was activated on start-up but not running yesterday when I completed an America to Europe flight. It is just going back that crashes.

2 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

a combination of a lack of flying time every week. and me being so afraid of again tweaking my p3d so it becomes unstable and worse performing than last time. FS2Crew's RAAS was activated on start-up but not running yesterday when I completed an America to Europe flight. It is just going back that crashes.

I hear you. : )

Perhaps just disable addon scenery and mesh land at a boring airport for a test - halves the setup  kind of.

5 minutes ago, SteveW said:

I hear you. : )

Perhaps just disable addon scenery and mesh land at a boring airport for a test - halves the setup  kind of.

I removed the free navdata fixes updates from my scenery.cfg. I removed the time zone fixer. Both were removed when I did not crash flying west to Canada. another flight tomorrow will confirm or throw out my theory. There was an update to FSElite Time Zone Fixer with 2 provinces in Canada that had corrected time zones. If tomorrow's flight is successful I'll update the time zone and add it back to the scenery

I landed after one more successful east-bound flight from America/Canada to Europe. I am flying west next week but east has never crashed. Couatl was not reset or ended. And GSX worked after landing. Mesh elevation or time zone bugs I am putting all my money on.

Edited by Boeing or not going