Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

Update.

Failed to complete EHAM to KSDF in the PMDG 777-F in P3Dv4.2 for three days in a row recently.  Which caused me to find and revisit this thread.  Last night, I reset (not kill in Task Manager) Couatl and, presto, I am on descent as I type this.

Just another datapoint that a reset of GSX/Couatl after pushback (and subsequent to engine start) was the trick.

The "black hole" was again westbound and coming in over New Foundland/Labrador/Quebec.  Same place/time each night.

• Like 1

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

4 hours ago, ahuimanu said:

I reset (not kill in Task Manager) Couatl and, presto, I am on descent as I type this.

This has worked for me as well....knock on wood.  Most recently completed UA21 EHAM-KIAH no problem in PMDG B77L.  Can't explain it.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I've done BGSF-KDFW a couple of times this week without any problems.  I didn't use GSX either time.   

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

22 hours ago, ahuimanu said:

I reset (not kill in Task Manager) Couatl

Right click gives me only: "End task" or "End process tree".

Witch one should i select?

And can you restart Couatl afterwards when landed (or passed the problem zone)?

Thanks,

Edited by Headley

Hi Headley,

I use the AddOns menu in the sim and "Restart Couatl" from the Couatl menu.  That causes Couatl/GSX to reset itself.  That is the advice some shared here and I did it.  As a result, after three nights in a row of failing an EHAM to KSDF routing, it worked on the fourth night because I remembered to reset Couatl/GSX.

It is a shame that FSDT is aware of this and are not in a position to fix.  I would perhaps rather tell GSX to only bother with my departure and arrival airports rather than have it constantly scan for parking.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

2 hours ago, ahuimanu said:

Hi Headley,

I use the AddOns menu in the sim and "Restart Couatl" from the Couatl menu.  That causes Couatl/GSX to reset itself.  That is the advice some shared here and I did it.  As a result, after three nights in a row of failing an EHAM to KSDF routing, it worked on the fourth night because I remembered to reset Couatl/GSX.

It is a shame that FSDT is aware of this and are not in a position to fix.  I would perhaps rather tell GSX to only bother with my departure and arrival airports rather than have it constantly scan for parking.

That's another thing.  I must restart Couatl almost every time.  reason is pressing F12 (for the ingame menu of GSX) does nothing, and this happens in 90% of the flights.  restarting Couatl solves this.  I asked FSDT on their forum for advice but only thing they answered me was that "another program or process steals the focus and the shortcut, so no usuable solution from their side about this.

I cannot give advice if this will also allow me to pass through the "Labrador border"😕.  It's a long while now sinds i have done such a flight from Europa to US.  My last flight in that direction was from BIKF to KSEA, and i passed way above the problem zone (or i have restarted Couatl as usual and thereby surpassed the problem zone).

For the past few days i'm getting CTD, now over Turkey and yesterday over Bulgaria, in 77W, routing from Dubai to Zurich. Couatl was not restarted.

I can confirm again that after restarting Couatl or shutting it down, crash doesn't happen

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

On 6/14/2018 at 5:07 AM, ahuimanu said:

That's what we'll probably do.

As I've said, the problem is not "caused" by GSX, is only "triggered" by it but, it's the sim which crashes by itself, when inquiring about airports, which seems to indicate a bug in one of the thousands .BGLs file, and is not clear is this bug is in the default airport database, or happens only with added sceneries.

We'll add a change in the next update, which will enquire for nearby airports only when below 10.000 feet and under 250 kts, instead of doing it for the whole flight, which should hopefully skip the problematic areas.

GSX must enquire for nearby airports in flight, to allow pre-selecting a gate before arrival, which was a feature that lots of users asked for.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Excellent work Umberto,

As a victim of this issue as well I think that is a reasonable and sound approach. Good work for engaging with the community on this.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Hi everyone,

I was following this post recently because I am a victim of a Ntdll.dll crash too.I was trying to do a EGLL-KSFO flight with the QW787: My sim stops everytime when arriving above the north of the hudson bay. I tried to reset and even shut off Couatl but the same happens.

I decided to use Procmon to localise the source of the crash: it happens exactly when the sim loads facilities.dll above the Hudson Bay (when the file si being loaded somewhere else it si fine).

Does someone know what this dll do? Actually for me it is not caused by GSX.

thanks,

Bumblemus

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, virtuali said:

That's what we'll probably do.

As I've said, the problem is not "caused" by GSX, is only "triggered" by it but, it's the sim which crashes by itself, when inquiring about airports, which seems to indicate a bug in one of the thousands .BGLs file, and is not clear is this bug is in the default airport database, or happens only with added sceneries.

We'll add a change in the next update, which will enquire for nearby airports only when below 10.000 feet and under 250 kts, instead of doing it for the whole flight, which should hopefully skip the problematic areas.

GSX must enquire for nearby airports in flight, to allow pre-selecting a gate before arrival, which was a feature that lots of users asked for.

Very glad to hear this, can’t wait to see it implemented for us to try.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Folks,

So, what you're saying is that essentially right after take-off from departure airport I must restart coautl module from in-sim menu and that's all, correct?

Thanks

Dmitriy

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

Folks,

So, what you're saying is that essentially right after take-off from departure airport I must restart coautl module from in-sim menu and that's all, correct?

Thanks

Dmitriy

After pushback is complete and you're ready to taxi. To satisfy my personal OCD I also do it a second time holding short, right before takeoff. 

• Like 2

Eric 

19 minutes ago, B777ER said:

After pushback is complete and you're ready to taxi. To satisfy my personal OCD I also do it a second time holding short, right before takeoff. 

me too

8 hours ago, Bumblemus said:

it happens exactly when the sim loads facilities.dll above the Hudson Bay

I've had that crash too.... and it would occur at exactly the same location each time.  I think the facilities module is related to P3D keeping track of nearby "facilities," which in aviation is the keyword for stuff like frequencies at a specific location and this is related to what Umberto is point out as perhaps an error in a facility name (or facility data).  The SDK definitions for defining an airport location refers to specific data as facility data and pilots refer to a booklet that contains information such as fuel availability and frequencies as the facility guide.

Dan Downs KCRP