Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

3 hours ago, downscc said:

and it would occur at exactly the same location each time. 

Dan,

What is your route?

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

1 hour ago, Bluestar said:

Dan,

What is your route?

Sorry, this occurred some time ago, when this thread was on the first page.  The location was the North edge of Hudson Bay, somewhere near N64 W077 I think.... a EGLL-KSFO flight so I was coming in above the NATS over Greenland and Northern Canada.  I recall it was exactly 42 nm West of a waypoint but the waypoint is lost to my memory.

Dan Downs KCRP

17 hours ago, virtuali said:

That's what we'll probably do.

As I've said, the problem is not "caused" by GSX, is only "triggered" by it but, it's the sim which crashes by itself, when inquiring about airports, which seems to indicate a bug in one of the thousands .BGLs file, and is not clear is this bug is in the default airport database, or happens only with added sceneries.

We'll add a change in the next update, which will enquire for nearby airports only when below 10.000 feet and under 250 kts, instead of doing it for the whole flight, which should hopefully skip the problematic areas.

GSX must enquire for nearby airports in flight, to allow pre-selecting a gate before arrival, which was a feature that lots of users asked for.

Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate the situation and your willingness to accommodate a compromise solution.  Would you consider the feature I described a bit closer?  That is, only scan/accommodate departure, arrival and alternate?  Perhaps as an option?  Thanks for working with us on it.

I had another recently that is an oldie but a goodie: I crashed on descent to KMEM and I used to have this a few years ago.  Again, just like the Labrador thing, a "checklist" item of resetting couatl after pushback allowed me to complete the PHNL to KMEM journey on a second try in the PMDG 744 in P3Dv4.2.

Thanks again.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Crash at N55 24.5 W76 34.4, tracking between KEMSA and  MANUP waypoints. I had restarted GSX immediately after takeoff using the menu - twice. 

Just before the crash:

beforecrash.jpg

Edited by Bryn

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

New update today for GSX (July 11th 2018). Installing now. Plan to test this this afternoon EGLL-KBOS PMDG 777

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2018 at 4:34 PM, virtuali said:

That's what we'll probably do.

As I've said, the problem is not "caused" by GSX, is only "triggered" by it but, it's the sim which crashes by itself, when inquiring about airports, which seems to indicate a bug in one of the thousands .BGLs file, and is not clear is this bug is in the default airport database, or happens only with added sceneries.

We'll add a change in the next update, which will enquire for nearby airports only when below 10.000 feet and under 250 kts, instead of doing it for the whole flight, which should hopefully skip the problematic areas.

GSX must enquire for nearby airports in flight, to allow pre-selecting a gate before arrival, which was a feature that lots of users asked for.

Thanks for this Umberto.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

10 hours ago, av8r172 said:

New update today for GSX (July 11th 2018). Installing now. Plan to test this this afternoon EGLL-KBOS PMDG 777

Yes, this version has GSX disabled while cruising, so it's not doing trying to read any airports/navaids, unless you are flying below 10.000 ft and slower than 250 kts. Please let me know if you see any difference.

• Upvote 2

Good work Umberto,

This is a good demonstration of listening to your customers and taking action (even if the problem isn't directly with your software)

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Brilliant... Kudos to all involved. 27 pages and finally hopefully a fix. 

14ppkc-6.png

Thank you Umberto! :D

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

EGLL-KBOS in PMDG 777.........No Crash!

Will do LSZH-KBOS in 787 tonight to test again.

How do we update? Using addon manager updater? 

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, tooting said:

How do we update? Using addon manager updater? 

The live updater that they have that's been out for probably a year now that updates their whole product line. Have you not updated anything with them in that time? 

Eric 

38 minutes ago, B777ER said:

The live updater that they have that's been out for probably a year now that updates their whole product line. Have you not updated anything with them in that time? 

i have yes.  just wanted to double check. cheers

14ppkc-6.png

Just got to say that I've not had one CTD when my Labrador lies near to me/pc. 

OK ....I just could not help it 😝

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip